• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

semisonic

Banned
Pat talking about games and RPGs that don't make it clear when a battle is unwinnable.

FF8 does it, Zell and/or Selphie straight up tell you "Lets go! Now!" when fighting the mech spider in Dollet.

Which actually is a winnable battle if you're overpowered enough, but story wise you're suppose to flee
One of my favorite unwinnable battles is from Skies of Arcadia, when you're on the train and Galcian is just slow-walking towards you like a huge badass and Vyse is like "Oh fuck we need to GO". It's so good. He doesn't one-hit kill you, but has his actual stats that he has when he fights you as a boss later in the game, but with 9999999 health, while vyse can do 52. Best get to running so he can continue to slow walk after you like it doesn't even matter. Which it doesn't.
Hell, that's not even close to the only unwinnable battle in that game. There's one where
you are offered the choice to surrender your ship, and then you actually are supposed to because everyone you're dealing with is so much stronger they will just beat your plucky pirate ass.
Also the suikoden games have some super good ones in 3 and 4. Like in 4 that time you fight
troy on a ship
and he just one hits you all with the shredding. It's great because it's kind of a mid-high level spell you can get relatively early on but it doesn't matter because he's just so much stronger than you the damage is way beyond what you can do with it. It's not a broken boss skill. It's just what you've got, but it's the user who makes a difference.

Also I wanna say thanks to you guys for all the positive messages before I did this whole thing. It's been a long ass time since I've actually gone on a date and I really wanted this one to work out cause this girl is super great and your messages helped me kinda work through the anxiety of it all.
So thanks frienders you dabes

Episode 3 of Revelations 2 was fucking awesome.

And I've only finished Claire's part! Seems like the episodes are getting longer and more elaborate.

Just about to sit down to that. I'm loving this game so much, first time I've enjoyed an RE game this generation.

Great, he sounds like a type of a character that i'll main when I get the game. It's a nice bonus that Adachi is one of my favorite characters in 4, so it'll be nice to play as him.

His asshole win quotes are amazing!

Mathaou

legacy of cane
In other news, Hotline Miami 2 is amazing. Music and gameplay all seem so much crisper, and there seems to be a really engaging story this time around.

I'm just hoping I can keep my anxiety in check and not freeze up and/or freak out. Crowds and me don't get along. Truth be told I'm actually a little terrified. But this is like three hours from my house and it's the first real chance I've had to meet my internet friends that I've known for like a decade. I'd never forgive myself if I passed it up.
Good luck. Hope you can keep calm.
Super awesome nonstop conversation for over two hours, and hug to cap it off.
So fucking stellar in my eyes
Man that's good.

Tako

Well that date went extremely well holy shit
NICE
tumblr_nl0foszXRN1qzwtdlo1_540.jpg

Just about to sit down to that. I'm loving this game so much, first time I've enjoyed an RE game this generation.

His asshole win quotes are amazing!
I really should check them out. The only things I have experienced from the game are Culprit's theme and Blood Red Moon, both of which are fucking hype themes.

GODDAMNIT IS THIS YOUR REVENGE FOR US SHITTING ON THE LEGION SO MUCH OR ARE YOU JUST THAT OBLIVIOUS
What? I'm just saying that from now on i'll refer to culprit, who's the culprit, as the culprit from now on, to avoid spoilers. I'm not trying to get revenge for anything. Definitely not.

Wait, you already know who the culprit is?
I can't tell if you're serious about this since I asked about it as soon as I got on GAF and you were the one that responded to me lol
Oh, I never noticed that. Alright, from now on, Culprit shall be referred to as culprit.
I'm going for it super hard.
Control the hard
I'm not trying to get revenge for anything. Definitely not.
Dude you're actually being uncool right now. There's no need for this

What? I'm just saying that from now on i'll refer to
Adachi
, who's the culprit, as the culprit from now on, to avoid spoilers. I'm not trying to get revenge for anything. Definitely not.
Alright fuckboy extraordinaire, you wanna calm down? We're sorry we shit talked your waifu.

Alright fuckboy extraordinaire, you wanna calm down? We're sorry we shit talked your waifu.

TECH PLEASE

This whole fucking deal lol. I'd be so salt if I didn't know but I'm just laughing lol
Too many frienders will screw up my memory. At least you can play Ultimax now.
Not when there's P3 characters in that game. And maybe other cool things I don't know about 4. Maybe. Hopefully

Zenfalcia

I think you guys are taking this too seriously. I mean, who on this thread really still don't know? And even more, I agree with what Pat said back when; the second he became a fighting game character, spoilers went out the window.
I mean, I got spoiled already, so what can I do?

Top Bottom