• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

croten

When high taxes that they know you can't afford means they force you to fight and die for them, and if you try to refuse they either imprison or kill you, yes, that is just as bad. Especially when these taxes are focused solely on people who can't afford them. The wealthy aren't affected by it at all due to the NCR's corruptness.

So almost like the real world? Boy would I just love the legion over my current government.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
When high taxes that they know you can't afford means they force you to fight and die for them, and if you try to refuse they either imprison or kill you, yes, that is just as bad. Especially when these taxes are focused solely on people who can't afford them. The wealthy aren't affected by it at all due to the NCR's corruptness.

B-but... what abot the rape? And the slaves? And the child soldiers?

semisonic

Banned
To me fi was much more fun that Link.
Those twirling moves made it seem like dancing and slicing.
Impa with the greatsword was crazy too
To be honest every character can be really fun as long as you play them long enough and unlock their stuff

I kind of agree about that last part.
I just hated fi and midna because all of their gameplay revolved around buffing to not suck ass. Which was really not fun when you needed to kill bosses or tough enemies fast.
Whereas Darunia and the others were just ready to go from the start.

Shackzam

Fuck after what you said earlier and seeing a bit from that I just realized what I was doing wrong and what I should be doing. I can't wait to get back to playing

Hey, if you find any good Linne vids, link them plz. I need to start playing more because of monster hunter taking up my time.

So what I should take away from this is that Fox is confirmed for not being the dude you wanna hang out with in the apocalypse.
Because having roads is better than not being raped all the time forever and also not having freedom or being murdered for having basic human decency.
Okay.
It's not just roads, it's entire fucking states. States which we never get to go to, which makes it hard to get across. I really wish you were able to go to these places, instead on having to hear dialogue from people who've been there, who you can miss rather easily. Entire states being completely safe is a huge fucking deal in the post apocalypse. If these guys were around in modern day in our world, they'd fucking suck, but this isn't our world, this is the apocalypse, and while they have a lot of shit that sucks, having a lot of places be that safe is a huge fucking deal. This doesn't excuse the other shit, but this point can't be stated enough.

Yo I watched the first episode of Gravity Falls. I like it. Only problem is that I searched for episodes on Hulu and only found two episodes. :(

Oh no! Welp, streaming this show for free is impossible then. Either you pony up some dough for Amazon/Itunes, or take a trip to your local cartoon store.

Disney is such a shit fucking company.

croten

It's not just roads, it's entire fucking states. States which we never get to go to, which makes it hard to get across. I really wish you were able to go to these places, instead on having to hear dialogue from people who've been there, who you can miss rather easily. Entire states being completely safe is a huge fucking deal in the post apocalypse. If these guys were around in modern day in our world, they'd fucking suck, but this isn't our world, this is the apocalypse, and while they have a lot of shit that sucks, having a lot of places be that safe is a huge fucking deal. This doesn't excuse the other shit, but this point can't be stated enough.

And I don't think murderous slaving rapist monsters can be stated enough.

Ants

Link wasn't super fun, but his spin attack alone basically won the game for you, especially with the master sword. It could just clear out keeps in like 4 hits. He wasn't great, but he also wasn't lana or fi tier.
It physically hurt me to play fi.
Just so shitty.

I'm surprised you favored Link's spin attack but don't like Fi. Fi basically has the spin attack as her default move.

So almost like the real world? Boy would I just love the legion over my current government.
This isn't the real world, this is an apocalyptic world where most people are extremely poor. And if I don't pay my taxes, while I would be imprisonned, I wouldn't be forced into the military or killed, like the NCR do. It can go either way with the NCR when it comes to either imprisonment or killing.

semisonic

Banned
I'm surprised you favored Link's spin attack but don't like Fi. Fi basically has the spin attack as her default move.
It's because the damage was busted, and the range was enough to reach the corners of a keep from the center. It wasn't because of the animation.
When I could, I still preferred darunia, shiek, impa, and the big G.

Besides, Fi and Midna needed the buffs to do what other characters could do normally. It's not like they were better than their counterparts in their buffed state.
They are basically junpei.

Ilvocare

Been playing lots of Ultimax challenges for a couple of different characters. Compared to the stuff I did with Arena, the game is both easier and harder to control. I'd almost go on to say that quarter-circles come out a little too easily, but that may be due to sloppy execution more than anything else.

Also, as I tentatively go through Ulti's "story", I couldn't help but notice a significant technical improvement, mainly surrounding the backlog feature:

-In Arena, scrolling through the backlog ranged anywhere from normal speed to actually lagging the game. For some reason, depending on the CG used and the number of characters inhabiting the screen at once (i.e. 0, 1, or 2 characters), the backlog's speed and control had to adjust accordingly. With all elements in place scrolling with the backlog was really slow and laggy, which I always found odd.
-In Ultimax the backlog scrolls fucking fast. It doesn't care about how many elements are going on at the time, either. It's a mechanical upgrade, and one I was impressed to see, since you'd expect such a detail to just go under the radar.

Also music actually loops properly in Ultimax! Weird how I didn't notice all this stuff until right now.

Xiraiya

Pat talking about games and RPGs that don't make it clear when a battle is unwinnable.

FF8 does it, Zell and/or Selphie straight up tell you "Lets go! Now!" when fighting the mech spider in Dollet.

Which actually is a winnable battle if you're overpowered enough, but story wise you're suppose to flee

To everyone with Ultimax, how does
Adachi
play? I have the dlc, but not the game. There's just too much shit coming out in the coming months to make room in my budget.
Shit, I forgot to spoiler tag that. I hope I didn't accidentally spoil anyone.

Adachi
play? I have the dlc, but not the game. There's just to much shit coming out in the coming months to make room in my budget.

His playstyle is weird. He relies on his persona a lot since his normals aren't great aside from his 2B. Hitting the opponent with his supers is important since they give him buffs. All in all he's an alright character.

To everyone with Ultimax, how does Adachi play? I have the dlc, but not the game. There's just to much shit coming out in the coming months to make room in my budget.

He's a great character. He's a quasi grappler with a lot of interesting mechanics, and he's easy to learn for the most part.

In retrospect, it's not hard to say he's the most impressive of the new additions.

Adachi
play? I have the dlc, but not the game. There's just too much shit coming out in the coming months to make room in my budget.
He relies on his Persona to do pretty much everything despite having only 4 cards. He has sick command and Persona grabs that are really BS. He's pretty fun to play and arguably frustrating to play against.
Hey Ultimate, speaking of Sentai, guess who's gonna be in the same room as three of the Zyurangers this weekend? Aww yeah. :D
Congrats man. I wish I could go...
Well that date went extremely well holy shit
How well are we talking?

ultimax

Adachi

he plays like sex

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Congrats man. I wish I could go...

I'm just hoping I can keep my anxiety in check and not freeze up and/or freak out. Crowds and me don't get along. Truth be told I'm actually a little terrified. But this is like three hours from my house and it's the first real chance I've had to meet my internet friends that I've known for like a decade. I'd never forgive myself if I passed it up.

joe2187

Banned
Episode 3 of Revelations 2 was fucking awesome.

And I've only finished Claire's part! Seems like the episodes are getting longer and more elaborate.

He's a great character. He's a quasi grappler with a lot of interesting mechanics, and he's easy to learn for the most part.

In retrospect, it's not hard to say he's the most impressive of the new additions.
Great, he sounds like a type of a character that i'll main when I get the game. It's a nice bonus that culprit is one of my favorite characters in 4, so it'll be nice to play as him.

Top Bottom