• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just bought this.

b1171b6c4b2b02574759930p3p.jpg

What the hell is the matter with me?

360pages

Wow that was a shit tier ending... Closure? Finishing plot threads? Fuck that shit, you got to buy the DLC, which won't answer anything and you will remain confused!

I also enjoy how the final boss doesn't let you use any of the weapons or skills you got up to that point. A real test of player skill right there.

Squishy3

When you see Leslie walking out of the asylum that's actually Ruvik. He escaped in Leslie's body.
Yup. And then whatever Mobius is was letting Jimenez continues with his experiments with Ruvik's mind (maybe "forcing" Ruvik to work with them since he was just a brain in the STEM machine.) but then Ruvik discovered he could control everything in his mind and began searching for a way out. And then Jimenez delivers the perfect specimen in the form of Leslie, who can be linked with Ruvik and not go crazy/be able to survive in the dream world. Kidman gets wind of it and then goes in to prevent Ruvik from escaping, and then Sebastian fucks that up. And that's about all we can say so far without the DLC.

Gamer Y

Man, everything is updating on the xbone tonight, Warframe, I knew KI was getting updated, and ACU is still updating. Guess I'll jump on Destiny then.

Wow that was a shit tier ending... Closure? Finishing plot threads? Fuck that shit, you got to buy the DLC, which won't answer anything and you will remain confused!

I also enjoy how the final boss doesn't let you use any of the weapons or skills you got up to that point. A real test of player skill right there.

The DLC has you play as the most mysterious in the game, Kidman. If the DLC doesn't tell us about the organization that
killed Sebastian's child and wife and betrayed Ruvik
then we can ignore anyone attempting to defend the Evil Within for anything other than having a really sick crossbow.

And I liked the boss fight, I just wish the games would be a little more transparent that such a boss would close them so I can use my precious magnum ammo before clearing the game.

Zenfalcia

Yo this North Korea situation is getting to be ridiculous.

I didn't expect theaters to back out of showing The Interview. Did hot shots 2 get this kind of treatment?

It's pretty dumb imo. Just because someone messaged them doesn't mean they should pull it off theaters. It just shows that the film industry is a push over.

sjay1994

So I finally got out of the hospital, and was able to see the final part of TEW.

What did I tell you guys. How nothing was that ending, and how much did Mikami nostalgia wink during that last fight?

Ruvik literally turns into a Sadler monster and you kill it with rocket launchers

So I finally got out of the hospital, and was able to see the final part of TEW.

What did I tell you guys. How nothing was that ending, and how much did Mikami nostalgia wink during that last fight?

Ruvik literally turns into a Sadler monster and you kill it with rocket launchers

spoilerz

but yea, its dumb

360pages

The DLC has you play as the most mysterious in the game, Kidman. If the DLC doesn't tell us about the organization that
killed Sebastian's child and wife and betrayed Ruvik
then we can ignore anyone attempting to defend the Evil Within for anything other than having a really sick crossbow.

And I liked the boss fight, I just wish the games would be a little more transparent that such a boss would close them so I can use my precious magnum ammo before clearing the game.

That's not fair though... why do I have to pay more just to see the whole story? When questions brought up should be answered at least within the context of its story.

Is Joseph dead? It's weird that he did even check considering Seb was so damned worried about him.

I fucking died when
that body just tumbled down with a god damn rocket launcher I fell out of my chair laughing because it so fucking ridiculous

That's not fair though... why do I have to pay more just to see the whole story? When questions brought up should be answered at least within the context of its story.

Is Joseph dead? It's weird that he did even check considering Seb was so damned worried about him.

It's not fair and I think Mikami wanted that piece of DLC in the maingame because his previous works in the genre had something like that and it makes so much cents to Bethesda to hold that back for the season pass.

And Joseph's dead, Kidman killed him around chapter before Sebastian chases her to protect Leslie, Sebastian brings it up when Kidman tries to convince him to join her. And to be sure, Connelly is confirmed to be dead in the STEM tub so it seems fair that Joseph would be in one in the same state

360pages

It's not fair and I think Mikami wanted that piece of DLC in the maingame because his previous works in the genre had something like that and it makes so much cents to Bethesda to hold that back for the season pass.

And Joseph's dead, Kidman killed him around chapter before Sebastian chases her to protect Leslie, Sebastian brings it up when Kidman tries to convince him to join her. And to be sure, Connelly is confirmed to be dead in the STEM tub so it seems fair that Joseph would be in one in the same state

The problem with that is.
Seb stated himself that he didn't know at the start of the very next chapter. I was surprised when he said she killed him, because he was unsure before and we never actually saw a body

The thing is though
they never show Joseph's body when Seb wakes up from the STEM system. Connelly and the doctor's bodies are shown and they died earlier. Joseph supposedly died, but we don't see him in one of the tubs.

Still, there are a fuck ton of loose ends and shit that don't make sense unless you enjoy making your own theories and figuring things out, so I don't find myself upset with TEW's ending like some people.

The problem with that is.
Seb stated himself that he didn't know at the start of the very next chapter. I was surprised when he said she killed him, because he was unsure before and we never actually saw a body

He probably assumed it by the end because he never found him.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I haven't watched the Best Friends' videos in a while, on account of my streaming speed being absolute ass. What have I missed out on? I stopped watching regularly in June, when I moved and the aforementioned internet tanked.

Still avidly listening to that podcast though.

sjay1994

I instantly figured "low energy" was Mat just realizing how nothing TEW is. He is full of energy in Cryme Tyme and he typically never talks as much during the podcast as Pat, Woolie and Liam.

Matt really fucking hit it on the head when he said there are "too many cooks" in TEW.

There are so many plot lines in TEW and none of them are given proper conclusions

• Who is the nurse
  • What does Kidman want
  • What about Sebastian and Joeseph turning into haunted
  • What are all the enemies even?
  • Who is Leslie?
  • The huge fucking plothole at the beginning. How did Ruvik kill those cops?
  • Where did Sebastians wife go?

None of these are answered. Not to mention I am glad they saw Kidman is literally just Ada, but less interesting. Jennifer Carpenter was really phoning it in.

Buy the DLC is the only fucking way you can get any answers from this shit show of a plot. I mean, look at RE4. You don't need Assignment Ada to understand Leons story of saving Ashley.

The only fucking way anything can come out of this plot is from dlc.

TEW and ACU are the games I played this year that really pissed me the fuck off.

Top Bottom