• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

STOP! YOU'RE GETTING ME ALL HOT AND BOTHERED AND EXCITED!
I'm already hot and bothered..the thought alone is too lewd.

tumblr_inline_n77261Jtmn1rv4fvp.jpg

Zenfalcia

I think P3FES was just flat-out impossible to do on your first playthrough. What I meant is that while P4 does make that a bit easier, it's almost impossible that you'll manage to do so blindly without using a guide.

Well, it's impossible to finish all of the quests that's for sure. I'll see how well i can do with no guide or some guide usage.
Ahh thank you, I honestly expected to be waiting a few months before being accepted but only about 4 days.

Damn.. you got lucky.

Maxing all social links is nice, but it's not really necessary. Again, I highly recommend focusing on immediate team members (as in the people you take into the dungeons) first. That is until you come across the
Hermit
S-Link, at which point try to do as much of that as quickly as possible. Outside of that, just do what you feel like doing. Don't try to follow a specific guide telling you what you should do every day.
Yeah in P4 getting all S links maxed nets you literally nothing.

Zenfalcia

I had to wait 4.

Join the club. Except for me it was like 2 or so.
Maxing all social links is nice, but it's not really necessary. Again, I highly recommend focusing on immediate team members (as in the people you take into the dungeons) first. That is until you come across the
Hermit
S-Link, at which point try to do as much of that as you can and do so as quickly as possible. Outside of that, just do what you feel like doing. Don't try to follow a specific guide telling you what you should do every day.

Well.. i can always reload if i am unsuccessful right? Just playing the rng game?
Ah-ha. Is this. Our chance?

i get pat's sentiment after listenning to p4a chie.. she seems too old sounding..

I actually like her new V.A. it actually makes her waifu material.

You're wrong. New Chie literally ruins her in every way and makes me like the character significantly less. She goes from definitive waifu to Yukiko level trash. It's the reason I can't play Golden despite it being objectively better in almost every other way.

Zenfalcia

You're wrong. New Chie literally ruins her in every way and makes me like the character significantly less. She goes from definitive waifu to Yukiko level trash. It's the reason I can't play Golden despite it being objectively better in almost every other way.

Is it because of her over acting or dialogue or both?
Reload what?

Old VA doesn't fit. New VA overacts like a motherfucker. She was fine in Arena and Ultimax though.

Unsuccessful at what? Reload huh? Rng?

New as in p4g?

Isn't the social link just fishing? And being probability based?

Yeah in P4 getting all S links maxed nets you literally nothing.

Its much better in Golden, since party members get new skills and they can DIE FOR YOU if you get the level high enough.
Also Rise's S Link is the one I always try to max out first. Not only because she's best girl, but because you get tons of benefits for maxing it out, it helps a ton in battles.

Zenfalcia

New as in P4G, arena and ultimax. I'll set aside the garbage new Golden content, but it's just her overacting. Her voice can get incredibly annoying at times.

Which S-Links? Most S-Links, aside from Hermit and maybe some others, do not use rng. They are based on point requisites that can be achieved through S-Link dialog options and having a persona of the right arcana with you. Hermit is just a series of sidequest, some of which (one or two) involve catching certain fish. For those, yeah, you can reload if you fail.

Probably, yeah.

that's too bad.

Oh. I though the whole social link was fishing. And yes i was talking about reloading fishing ones.
Played in Japanese to avoid this.

of course you would.
I'm sure Aaron has Jap voices on.

Nooooooooo.

Oh.. ok.. i'm just basing this off what people have been saying.

Top Bottom