• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

let's just enter a bunch of criteria into this thing until we find the perfect waifu.
http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/tags

Already do

fqUEMj4.jpg

They suck in real life, because I'm terrible at picking up cues, unless this shit is straightforward and blatant.

So many missed connections...

I don't know that feel cause I'm ugly.

Gotta agree with Pat. I'd be super pissed about a $60 game that was super short and people should be warned about it.

Totally disagree with Pat on this one. It should be the buyers job to make the decision on whether or not that the game is worth the value. The only thing the reviewer should do is actually review the content of the game and list the price of the game somewhere on the same page. The review is there for the buyer to read, but ultimately its up to them to decide whether or not its worth it. Not only because the price of a game can drop quickly but, $60 dollars to one person can mean much more than $60 to another.

Zenfalcia

I need instant satisfaction. Shy girls suck

Well all do, that's why we are on gaf on a Saturday talking to strangers
;_;

You get it by making them blush. Or do you want more satisfaction than that?

i don't know about you guys, but I'm having a blast playing persona 4 while posting here.
Hitagi Senjougahara is the only 10/10 for me..girl is my perfect woman though <3

She's pretty good.

You get it by making them blush. Or do you want more satisfaction than that?

i don't know about you guys, but I'm having a blast playing persona 4 while posting here.

I'm not good with women so I don't know. The only time I had some sort of impact was I made a girl laugh a lot who literally laughed at everything.

It's cause P4 is great.

Bake and Nise were really good shows for what they were. They were both a very enjoyable watch.

Its a shame S2 basically went to DMC2 levels of awful.

I didn't even bother with S2 I liked the way it ended and left it at that. Nothing pisses me off worse when an anime gets ruined by a second season.. I'm looking as you SAO you worthless fuck.

You know something is up when you go home and no music is playing and Nanako doesn't tell you "Welcome Home Big Bro"

That was legit unnerving as fuck because you're so used to it happening every day that when you finally go home and neither she nor Dojima are there it's like ".... wow game."

It was that moment that made me truly realize how god damn amazing that game was.

I'm not good with women so I don't know. The only time I had some sort of impact was I made a girl laugh a lot who literally laughed at everything.

It's cause P4 is great.

I've always found that taking the initiative is my go to way around women just look at them for a split second before you do something and 9/10 times you get a cue that it's okay or it's not.

360pages

I paid 50$ for Sonic Colors and it was only about 4 hours long, but with all the extras and stuff. It is a solid 10-15 hours experience collocating everything.

Sonic 06 is about 10-15 hours long for your first playthough and 50+ For getting everything...that game is horrible and padded.

People need to stop thinking more is better, with that said their is a limit to short lengths and it really depends on the game.

That was legit unnerving as fuck because you're so used to it happening every day that when you finally go home and neither she nor Dojima are there it's like ".... wow game."

It was that moment that made me truly realize how god damn amazing that game was.

I got upset after the first couple days of the game when Nanako stops singing the Junes song every night. That shit was so soothing man.

Zenfalcia

It's cause P4 is great.

Not even 2d women/girls?

yeah it is.
Boy I missed much during my hour of sleep. Junior pulling out all the waifu wars

I need to start doing this with P2:IS

You should. Since there are nice pauses between button presses.
guile-head-shake-o.gif

This applies especially to whatever is going on this topic right now.

It applies everyday and most of the time you're here.

I paid 50$ for Sonic Colors and it was only about 4 hours long, but with all the extras and stuff. It is a solid 10-15 hours experience collocating everything.

Sonic 06 is about 10-15 hours long for your first playthough and 50+ For getting everything...that game is horrible and padded.

People need to stop thinking more is better, with that said their is a limit to short lengths and it really depends on the game.

More quality is better, which I admit is a very subjective metric, but more quantity can go die. I can't do those 60 hour games anymore and there's so damn many of them!

Is it not common for a junior to be this active and aggressive?

Here? Absolutely.
In regularGAF? Pfffffffffffffff.

I didn't even bother with S2 I liked the way it ended and left it at that. Nothing pisses me off worse when an anime gets ruined by a second season.. I'm looking as you SAO you worthless fuck.

Its one of the few things I completely regret watching. Taking half the cast (and arguably the best characters) out of the show, visuals that are much uglier than S1, completely shoehorned plot elements that make no sense, and recycled jokes make it probably the most disappointed I ever been in an anime. And my friends tried to tell me how its "so much better than Bake and Nise" smh.

Shaft is a shell of their former selves and have fallen as hard as Kyoto Ani has and Shinbo has fallen off after S1 of Monogatari and especially Katanagatari, which is easily the best thing he's written. Its almost unfathomable that the same guy that wrote Katanagatari, wrote S2 of Monogatari.

Zenfalcia

B-but
EVERYDAY IS GREAT AT YOUR JUNES!

Its one of the few things I completely regret watching. Taking half the cast (and arguably the best characters) out of the show, visuals that are much uglier than S1, completely shoehorned plot elements that make no sense, and recycled jokes make it probably the most disappointed I ever been in an anime. And my friends tried to tell me how its "so much better than Bake and Nise" smh.

Shaft is a shell of their former selves and have fallen as hard as Kyoto Ani has and Shinbo has fallen off after S1 of Monogatari and especially Katanagatari, which is easily the best thing he's written. Its almost unfathomable that the same guy that wrote Katanagatari, wrote S2 of Monogatari.

Do your friends also believe the the Remake movies of NGE are better then the original too?

360pages

More quality is better, which I admit is a very subjective metric, but more quantity can go die. I can't do those 60 hour games anymore and there's so damn many of them!

Here? Absolutely.
In regularGAF? Pfffffffffffffff.

Well it really depends, I have both long ass games and short ass games on my list of favorite games. MGR is only about 3-4 hours long and DMC3 is about 6.

Hell if you play the Egg shuttle version of Sonic Colors that remove the cutscenes, the game is only 2 hours long going from level to level with no breaks.

LOL, probably not. But to be honest I don't think either is that great. Though I enjoyed the second movie, but I wouldn't call anything that has to do with Eva, original or rebuild, great.

I just thoroughly enjoyed the mind-fuck it's not an anime I would recommend to someone who doesn't like to think or rewatch things though since on my second time through it was completely different.

Zenfalcia

S2 wasn't too bad.. it did have a lot of fanservice though.. a lot.. although i loved the last arc.. since you get to learn more about a character.
I wish, I had a dream about chie once that was my low point.

Not even any fiction or media? i won't say anime or manga since you're not into those too much. That's cool. What happenned in the dream?

360pages

.I like 1.11 and 2.22 quite a bit, even more so than the series version of those events.

3.0 however was really awful, like legit bad.

The rebuilds felt closer to what was NGE was probably going to be before the genre shift. However 3.0 felt like it was made to capture the feel of the original, despite the rebuilds have its own feel and tone different from the original.

That is why I enjoy the rebuilds, it's its own thing. And 3.0 tried really hard to get in the original crowd of the series destroying the story it set up in the first two movies.

BTW is the ghost in the shell dub any good, I'm about to buy it and I want to know.

Not even any fiction or media? i won't say anime or manga since you're not into those too much. That's cool. What happenned in the dream?

I don't know what you're asking but anyway I don't remember what the dream was about but I remembered that I realized need to get out more after I woke up.

.I like 1.11 and 2.22 quite a bit, even more so than the series version of those events.

The rebuilds felt closer to what was NGE was probably going to be before the genre shift. However 3.0 felt like it was made to capture the feel of the original, despite the rebuilds have its own feel and tone different from the original.

That is why I enjoy the rebuilds, it's its own thing. And 3.0 tried really hard to get in the original crowd of the series destroying the story it set up in the first two movies.

I think it's just a nostalgia thing for me since I grew up on NGE/ Cowboy Bebop/Ghost in the Shell. So seeing it being different then how I remember it with a new character that I cannot stand just pisses me off.

360pages

EVA is very much a series that either speaks to you or doesn't, and that really will affect your enjoyment of the series.

If you can't relate to the situations or came into the series with something else in mind you probably are going to leave feeling pretty meh. However the more you can relate to the characters the more you will enjoy it.

Well it really depends, I have both long ass games and short ass games on my list of favorite games. MGR is only about 3-4 hours long and DMC3 is about 6.

Hell if you play the Egg shuttle version of Sonic Colors that remove the cutscenes, the game is only 2 hours long going from level to level with no breaks.

In the context of a day 1 60 dollar purchase, I can say for certainty length has become a bigger factor in my buying decisions.
That mostly is because I'm not in college anymore and can't afford to buy games willy nilly and invest time I'd rather have invested in work or in other hobbies.

1.11 is fine, as it's basically a retelling of the first arc, only a bit worse. 2.22 is bad, wholly, and somehow 3.33 is even worse.

Shackzam

I've always found that taking the initiative is my go to way around women just look at them for a split second before you do something and 9/10 times you get a cue that it's okay or it's not.

See, I know this sign, but when I get relaxed I get too relaxed with talking to a person and end up talking about weird shit that generally scares people off. But I've been getting better at controlling that urge.

EVA is very much a series that either speaks to you or doesn't, and that really will affect your enjoyment of the series.

If you can't relate to the situations or came into the series with something else in mind you probably are going to leave feeling pretty meh. However the more you can relate to the characters the more you will enjoy it.

I agree with you completely on that. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who couldn't relate to the tragedy that all of the characters went through in some way or couldn't understand the underlying premise of no matter how well someone carries themselves they always will have skeletons in their closet.

See, I know this sign, but when I get relaxed I get to relaxed with talking to a person and end up talking about weird shit that generally scares people off. But I've been getting better at controlling that urge.

I have this problem, it's why I stopped dating until I find a girl I can talk about weird shit with regularly. No point in wasting my time otherwise.

360pages

1.11 is fine, as it's basically a retelling of the first arc, only a bit worse. 2.22 is bad, wholly, and somehow 3.33 is even worse.

I think the problem with the rebuilds is that people just wanted Neon Genesis in HD. Which honestly would have been a waste of time. If they were just going to cover the same points again then the movie series really would have been pointless,

I think 2.22 is good as a standalone movie, but when you compare it the original series it's almost the exact opposite in terms of tone and other things,

Top Bottom