• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

See, I know this sign, but when I get relaxed I get too relaxed with talking to a person and end up talking about weird shit that generally scares people off. But I've been getting better at controlling that urge.

I know this feeling. It takes a while but it happens, one day I'm gonna say something crazy and stupid and you are all gonna look at me funny for the rest of this threads existence

Shackzam

I have this problem, it's why I stopped dating until I find a girl I can talk about weird shit with regularly. No point in wasting my time otherwise.

Funny enough, my one friend is inviting me to party with a lot of girls to try and get me to socialize with more with girls, but I'm pretty comfortable socializing with anyone. Also my advice for you, as a junior, is to stop double posting. I can't remember the rule, but people don't generally like it.
I know this feeling. It takes a while but it happens, one day I'm gonna say something crazy and stupid and you are all gonna look at me funny for the rest of this threads existence
Don't worry about that. My friends have said some pretty fucked up/crazy things because they enjoy dark humor. It probably won't be as bad as questioning a systems name after it's been out for almost 2 years.

Zenfalcia

I don't know what you're asking but anyway I don't remember what the dream was about but I remembered that I realized need to get out more after I woke up.

Nevermind then. Ah, that's too bad.

Finally got to my first battle.. man persona 4 is really slow at starting.. reach out to the truth guys!

I'd say its pretty good. Its the first movie right? You better go check if it was completely remastered or a remaster with some added bad CG.

It's the bluray if that means anything

Nevermind then. Ah, that's too bad.

Finally got to my first battle.. man persona 4 is really slow at starting.. reach out to the truth guys!

Well that's what happens when you dream about anime girls

You should break all the slinks

Funny enough, my one friend is inviting me to party with a lot of girls to try and get me to socialize with more with girls, but I'm pretty comfortable socializing with anyone. Also my advice for you, as a junior, is to stop double posting. I can't remember the rule, but people don't generally like it.

Don't worry about that. My friends have said some pretty fucked up/crazy things because they enjoy dark humor. It probably won't be as bad as questioning a systems name after it's been out for almost 2 years.

Oops my bad, I have a habit if I'm having multiple conversations to answer them all at once. I'll have to stop that. My advice to you is just to go in there with an open mind and no expectations and just have fun above all else.

Oops my bad, I have a habit if I'm having multiple conversations to answer them all at once. I'll have to stop that. My advice to you is just to go in there with an open mind and no expectations and just have fun above all else.
There are plus signs next to quote inorder to add more people to quote after quoting someone. It helps in multiple conversations. If that helps. You can also edit if you miss conversations.
I'm pretty sure that's the copy I'm looking at. I'd link it but you know
Alright.

I think the problem with the rebuilds is that people just wanted Neon Genesis in HD. Which honestly would have been a waste of time. If they were just going to cover the same points again then the movie series really would have been pointless,

I think 2.22 is good as a standalone movie, but when you compare it the original series it's almost the exact opposite in terms of tone and other things,

I didn't even want them at all. The whole Rebuild thing was pointless in my eyes, because all it was doing was retreading the old Eva's legacy. Nothing creative or unique.

If they wanted to bring Eva back, just bring it back. It's not like Evangelion disappeared in the public's eye.

360pages

I didn't even want them at all. The whole Rebuild thing was pointless in my eyes, because all it was doing was retreading the old Eva's legacy. Nothing creative or unique.

If they wanted to bring Eva back, just bring it back. It's not like Evangelion disappeared in the public's eye.

But wasn't that the whole point of the deviation? 2.22 changed enough to get people invested in the story further.

As for Broly...eh, I thought the first movie was alright, everything after that is pretty bad though.

mike0dude

LUvabX3.png

Zenfalcia

Fighting the first boss for p4 and the boss idea is really cool.. i almost wished that
i didn't know how the personas looked like.

What's important to note is that a lot of games don't release at $60 anymore. Digital has broadened the landscape for smaller, tighter experiences for low price points. There's even games like Captain toad releasing at $40.

For people like me, I don't see the money a game costs as something that should deliver value, but that also means reviews aren't aimed at me. They're to inform a consumer who wants to know if they should buy something or not. So acknowledging the cost and content as a comparison is fair.

However number rating are bullshit and compare all games on the same /10 scale. And that's dumb.

What's important to note is that a lot of games don't release at $60 anymore. Digital has broadened the landscape for smaller, tighter experiences for low price points.

For people like me, I don't see the money a game costs as something that should deliver value, but that also means reviews aren't aimed at me. They're to inform a consumer who wants to know if they should buy something or not. So acknowledging the cost and content as a comparison is fair.

However number rating are bullshit and compare all games on the same /10 scale. And that's dumb.

if you think a 2-3 hour game is worth 60$ your an idiot unless it has a SHIT TON of unlockables as thats the only way id justify it

nah I think that is the general consensus around here. Kanji is best purse owner anyway

Once I had enough party members Yosuke kinda just sat there..like that one copy of Duke Nukem forever at Gamestop.

Vegeta and Piccolo are decent characters.

But Dragon Ball over all had better pacing and characters anyway, still think Dragon Ball is a really good anime despite its age and length and people should watch it. Z...is well, Z.

I really enjoyed Dragon Ball, but I think Z is just remembered because it was "The Anime" in America..all the filler killed it for me.

WILL GOKU BEAT FRIEZA BEFORE NAMEK EXPLODES?? SUFFER THROUGH 20 EPISODES TO FIND OUT ON DRAGON BAAALLLL ZZZZZZZ -sick guitar rift-

360pages

Once I had enough party members Yosuke kinda just sat there..like that one copy of Duke Nukem forever at Gamestop.

I really enjoyed Dragon Ball, but I think Z is just remembered because it was "The Anime" in America..all the filler killed it for me.

WILL GOKU BEAT FRIEZA BEFORE NAMEK EXPLODES?? SUFFER THROUGH 20 EPISODES TO FIND OUT ON DRAGON BAAALLLL ZZZZZZZ -sick guitar rift-

Kai fixes that problems but as a result also removes a lot of character development.

(Gohan's training for Vegeta and Nappa is easily a great training arc and his development for it was grand. This is cut in Kai to just, SIX MONTHS HAVE PAST LETS GO FIGHT!)

What's important to note is that a lot of games don't release at $60 anymore. Digital has broadened the landscape for smaller, tighter experiences for low price points. There's even games like Captain toad releasing at $40.

Reviews are aimed at people that want to know about a game and the good/bad parts about it. I check out reviews of games I want to know about, old or new, not to see if its worth it at the price, as ultimately that should only be up to me to decide.

Which is kind of why these new Destiny:Dark Below reviews that are giving it shit scores strictly because of the lack of content, even if they say its good, at $20 is complete bullshit. If the content itself is actually bad then I can see the bad score. Which is why with all these bad reviews that are mixing these kind of criticisms, I can't figure out if the content of the DLC is actually bad or not. I don't care about the price, I want to know if the content of the DLC is actually good.

Metacritic as a whole is toxic. Aggregated scores do not paint as complete a picture as they should.

Captain toad is a great recent example of there being flexibility from the 60 dollar price point, but it's that 40 dollar price because of the concept and time to produce. As much as the concept of F2P is a loaded idea in gaming circles, if someone finds value in the accessories and stuff that adds to the core gameplay experience, I can't fault someone for choosing that experience.

Reviews are aimed at people that want to know about a game and the good/bad parts about it. I check out reviews of games I want to know about, old or new, not to see if its worth it at the price, as ultimately that should only be up to me to decide.

Which is kind of why these new Destiny:Dark Below reviews that are giving it shit scores strictly because of the lack of content, even if they say its good, at $20 is complete bullshit. If the content itself is actually bad then I can see the bad score. Which is why with all these bad reviews that are mixing these kind of criticisms, I can't figure out if the content of the DLC is actually bad or not. I don't care about the price, I want to know if the content of the DLC is actually good.

Destiny, for as much as I hate the FPS MMO concept, is charging a fair market price for its content, the same way WoW charges for a subscription. My question is: why are there gamers bitching about one example and not the industry poster child of nickel and dining gamers? DLC on disc aggravates me, but it doesn't bother me with a game that is a cheaper yet high quality MMO.

WoW subscription models are terrible precedents for gamers.

if you think a 2-3 hour game is worth 60$ your an idiot unless it has a SHIT TON of unlockables as thats the only way id justify it

Pricetags should not be taken accordance with the quality of a game, or the length. I would gladly play $60 for something like Journey, but would never pay $60 for a Bethesda title.

Kai fixes that problems but as a result also removes a lot of character development.

(Gohan's training for Vegeta and Nappa is easily a great training arc and his development for it was grand. This is cut in Kai to just, SIX MONTHS HAVE PAST LETS GO FIGHT!)

The Saiyan Saga was by far the best Arc in Z, it still had somewhat of a DragonBall feel left to it. Plus watching Gohan grow from a whiny little kid to somewhat of a fighter was very fulfilling.

Anyway I'm off to bed

Later~

Length is tied to quality in the eyes of reviewers though. It's a ratio of Quality+Time where one makes up for the other, to a point.
I get why, but a long, mediocre movie isn't something I find better than a short, awesome one.

Top Bottom