• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

I just finished ghost in the shell. That was really good!

Rhythm games are shit, don't play them.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie! I highly recommend the series if you're interested.

It's addition, not multiplication, silly. My 360 is only 120 times better.

Funny enough, I only had my PS3 for a year brand new, but my refurb 360 has lasted 6+ without a single problem. Never had a red ring.

Ahhh sorry, my math skills aren't the greatest, but its not like I program or anything :p

Wow, I've gone through like 3 360s, but still have my ps3 that I bought in 2008 working perfectly.

So does that make the Xbox 360, 357 times better than the ps3?

Good thing its christmas!

yeah that is also why the Xbone is losing so bad
its a joke I'm not starting console wars

P4U has the same problem that I have with BlazBlue, I just don't like the feel of many characters. Maggie I only really like because of her long range normals, but Ken is fun though. this is also a really petty complaint that means nothing at all but I do not like the random character select. I just want to hit the button and see who I'm playing on the loading screen, not have a chance to pick colours and stuff. The most fun I have in Street Fighter is just randoming and dealing with who I get without really having any time to think about it

Brb booting up Audiosurf
Audiosurf is one of my most played steam games. Fucking amazing.
My 360 had actually red ringed. Twice. I managed to fix it by putting it on its side (it was standing vertically before) and leaving it off for an hour. I didn't think it'd work but it did. That 360 is 5 years old now
and locked away forever
I actually lied in that case. Once I had a similar situation, right when I first took it home, but it never happened again. Always had this sinking feeling it'd die one day but it's still kicking.
Ahhh sorry, my math skills aren't the greatest, but its not like I program or anything :p
My software skills can't save me from hardware problems. RIP in peace me.

Zenfalcia

My 360 had actually red ringed. Twice. I managed to fix it by putting it on its side (it was standing vertically before) and leaving it off for an hour. I didn't think it'd work but it did. That 360 is 5 years old now
and locked away forever

That's probably because the sauter melted and moved due to gravity and after putting it flat you managed to balance it out again.

GGs everyone.

All of your waifu's are shit except mine.

... I'm going to start frickin maining Yukiko if you keep this up!

The best Junpei mirrors.

Yeah... until I lamed it up. Can't believe you kicked my ass with Junpei... I'm getting in the shame car now.

Just glad I faired so much better in our main fights this time. Still kinda rusty though, gotta get good enough to do those cancel combos and and double supers again.

I've never played Yosuke before, sorry for playing so lame

You play Margie pretty darn good. You've really got decent TC.

Zenfalcia

Maybe, but I always put it back vertically after it worked again. You'd think it would just fall out again.

Well.. it doesn't exactly fall out.. and it melts at high temperatures. So you got lucky and put the console flat in time before the sauter hardenned in a new position. It's also within the motherboard, so it can't fall out.

BossRush

I need some advice, haha, but um, i know some people don't really like to read whining and what not so I'll spoiler it

I feel like I've fucked up my life beyond repair. I didn't do well in college due to laziness, I haven't been doing anything that involves my passion for music lately, I eat when I'm depressed and my parents think I hate and despise them, and I can't afford college because of holds on my account that are total of over 1000. im really not sure what to do haha

Zenfalcia

Oh, it might not be, but also it's not a light problem. It turns itself off within two seconds of powering on. Can't even get into the safe boot menu by holding down the power.

Sounds like a connection problem with the power or psu. There's really no other explaination.

Alfebit

Banned
I'm with Wooliam on the review/price debacle. I don't think price should be a reason you give a game a lower or higher score. Just review the content.

I need some advice, haha, but um, i know some people don't really like to read whining and what not so I'll spoiler it

I feel like I've fucked up my life beyond repair. I didn't do well in college due to laziness, I haven't been doing anything that involves my passion for music lately, I eat when I'm depressed and my parents think I hate and despise them, and I can't afford college because of holds on my account that are total of over 1000. im really not sure what to do haha

Toughen up, lose some pride, and start fresh. Make up with your parents, get some shitty job and grind it out til you can make a go of it again.
What I'm doing.

demidar

Well.. it doesn't exactly fall out.. and it melts at high temperatures. So you got lucky and put the console flat in time before the sauter hardenned in a new position. It's also within the motherboard, so it can't fall out.

Hmm perhaps. I should open up my 360 one day since I got two of them and see what happened.

Shackzam

GGs everyone.

... I'm going to start frickin maining Yukiko if you keep this up!

Yeah... until I lamed it up. Can't believe you kicked my ass with Junpei... I'm getting in the shame car now.

Just glad I faired so much better in our main fights this time. Still kinda rusty though, gotta get good enough to do those cancel combos and and double supers again.
I swear, my brain was not ready for grappler match-ups. I have to completely change my gameplan when fighting kanji and always be on point. I getting grabbed when I was trying to bait the grab, when I'm not even supposed to be near you to try and bait the grab. Either way you did remember some stuff and shook off some of the rust,
but git gud in Skullgirls

I might not be in the position to be giving advice, but I think you should take a break from college and do some part time work? Try to save up and write/play music on the side if you really enjoy it. Christmas is comming up so try to talk to your parents? They can't turn you way right? Try to get on their good side and make up with them.
ARE YOU SAYING THE POWER OF YOUR BONDS GIVE YOU THIS STRENGTH? IMPOSSIBLE!

*Cue the sick rival fight music*
Man I need to finish Gurren.

I actually need to improve Liz. I need to combo even more with her rather tthan just punishing.

Zenfalcia

It's never too late to fix it now.
Now some personal questions:
What have you been doing currently to pass the days? And whay goals/ambitions do you have?

Zenfalcia

Hmm perhaps. I should open up my 360 one day since I got two of them and see what happened.

You can't exactly always see what's the problem but you can try. Are both of them working?

Edit:dped.. i might as well sleep now.. i'll lurk abit before i sleep to reply to some posts.

I swear, my brain was not ready for grappler match-ups. I have to completely change my gameplan when fighting kanji and always be on point. I getting grabbed when I was trying to bait the grab, when I'm not even supposed to be near you to try and bait the grab. Either way you did remember some stuff and shook off some of the rust,
but git gud in Skullgirls

Well actually, I just thought of all the stuff you kept getting in last time, and changed my game plan. So... that epic ass kicking you gave me last time? That was just me training you to get your ass kicked
into a tie
this time! Haha, ha ha ah....

And... Oy, I'm working too much to get as good as you at Skullgirls.
Give me a break.
Also, sorry for leaving on a tie.

Did you rike it?

meh.gif

Shackzam

Alright Thanks Shack!

They aren't the most optimal combos, but there a good starting point.
Well actually, I just thought of all the stuff you kept getting in last time, and changed my game plan. So... that epic ass kicking you gave me last time? That was just me training you to get your ass kicked
into a tie
this time! Haha, ha ha ah....

And... Oy, I'm working too much to get as good as you at Skullgirls.
Give me a break.
Also, sorry for leaving on a tie.
I just really didn't want to fight a grappler at this time of night. It's like I'm trying to hyper concentrate, while my brain is chilling out on the couch not caring. Fighting grapplers is the worst.
Mostly because I pick characters with bad match-ups against them
But I'm glad you're learning more from the experience and I'm good with a tie right now. That just leaves us to finish that set another day. Also play GuardianE in skullgirls, he's pretty good and could probably help you out.

I just really didn't want to fight a grappler at this time of night. It's like I'm trying to hyper concentrate, while my brain is chilling out on the couch not caring. Fighting grapplers is the worst.
Mostly because I pick characters with bad match-ups against them
But I'm glad you're learning more from the experience and I'm good with a tie right now. That just leaves us to finish that set another day. Also play GuardianE in skullgirls, he's pretty good and could probably help you out.

come on man, don't make me feel like you're playing me out of charity.
But for the record, I'm still complete garbage compared to my game 2 or 3 months ago.

I'm all hyped up on Ultimax, I'm probably going to train on it until I'm up to your level again, sadly leaving 0 time for skullgirls. Besides, super hype update is on the way right? Feels like the right time to get back into Ultimax to me.

Shackzam

come on man, don't make me feel like you're playing me out of charity.
But for the record, I'm still complete garbage compared to my game 2 or 3 months ago.

I'm all hyped up on Ultimax, I'm probably going to train on it until I'm up to your level again, sadly leaving 0 time for skullgirls. Besides, super hype update is on the way right? Feels like the right time to get back into Ultimax to me.

Nah a fight is a fight and you won the ones you won fair and square. I completely forgot there was going to be an update for Ultimax. Well I'm off to bed, goodnight.

Top Bottom