• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
A second source comes out and people still fighting the dumb fight. At this point, what’s at stake for people here? Being wrong on a message board? Who gives a shit if you’re wrong or right. This place names both Bloodborne and Halo Infinite game of the year. Clearly mother fuckers be wrong all the time.

Astray

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
A second source comes out and people still fighting the dumb fight. At this point, what’s at stake for people here? Being wrong on a message board? Who gives a shit if you’re wrong or right. This place names both Bloodborne and Halo Infinite game of the year. Clearly mother fuckers be wrong all the time.
"A second source". You mean Jez?

Skifi28

The interesting part is, even if this does turn out to be a slimy platform deal which I still personally doubt until we have some actual proof, this isn't really the win certain users are looking for. Still seems like a lose-lose situation if I ever saw one.

Last edited:

proandrad

It’s because it doesn’t make sense why would Sony pay to have a secret exclusive? Why aren’t they marketing a massive hit game as a current console exclusive to their platform.

Last edited:

XXL

Both sources are completely unreliable.

Paul Tassi is not credible and IGN has been trying to take this developer down for months.

I dont care if its true or not, but we need another source before confirmation.

Mainly because it just doesn't make sense to hide it.

If it is true, Playstation is dumb as hell.

Slimy Sony making smart moves! Foolish MS knowing this decided to kill any of their Gamescon Xbox/Game Pass hype by announcing Indy on Ps 5! Satya, Phil ,Bond is this how you compete???
If Sony were smart, they would care about industry as much as lining their pockets.

Look at what they did in Japan. Everything exclusive to their platform.

Where did that take Japanese console games industry??

We're those games announced as coming to playstation and as hyped as wukong?

Then suddenly 2 months before launch it's now not coming due to technical reasons?

Isn't forbes a big media site? How can they get away with lying about this?

Uh, you forget that Bloomberg has Takashi employed, right? The guy who regularly misrepresents PS & SIE-related info to trick people into believing something worst than reality? Bloomberg's pretty major too, IIRC.

I wouldn't trust most big Western news agencies, that includes Forbes. Like I said, if there's truth to this, put up the proof.

And even if it is true....so what? These kind of deals have been old as time. SEGA did it with Tomb Raider way back in the day, and I'm pretty sure Atlus would've been mentioning the PS5 version of Metaphor if not for Microsoft getting in the way of that.

It's all business at the end of the day.

Oh IGN Entertainment? The fine folks who consolidated GI.biz, Eurogamer, RPS and others just a few months ago? And who own shares in other games media on top of that?

Yeah, IGN are totally trustworthy and have never ran with a bad source before :/

Last edited:

demigod

It's exclusive on ps5 right now. You're point was why are they not marketing it?

Why spend money on marketing it when nvidia is doing it for you and you've paid so a platform doesn't have the game.

Market for who? What's rhe point in spending the marketing money when you've spent it on removing the xbox version like 2 months before launch.

Fucking dirty, man.

Really, really shady
Always defending ms and calling sony shady when its the complete opposite, good one.

You know what else is shady? Telling your fanbase only 4 of your exclusive games going to playstation when you well know more than 4 were coming. But nope, ms is never shady amirite?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Legit sources? Where?

And, if it's delusional to take the devs at their word, coolbeans. I'll await those legit sources and your explanation of why that's in the land of delusion.

Can't believe you're being this delusional. I bet you're one of the people that believe everything the government tells you...

...jeez. multiple sources are now running the story.

You out here still in denial and defending sony.

I guess you're a shill too?

Protect the message at all costs?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Can't believe you're being this delusional. I bet you're one of the people that believe everything the government tells you...

Dude what message ?Are you really having an anger meltdown over a rumor ?I think you should calm down, do something else, think happy thoughts.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member

Still waiting on those sources. Where have those of us gotten it wrong? Who are the legit sources that make this thread's premise absolute truth? Shouldn't be this difficult for you.

sainraja

They do have a marketing deal. Nvidia gave out codes with graphic card sales and posted some RTX ON/OFF videos on their channel, they also had day 1 game ready drivers, for whatever that's worth.

Why should they be scared of Sony? Are they going to send out assassins for asking about the conspiracy behind the Wukong moneyhat?

Worst case scenario you get on their blacklist and get to build some reporter rep for standing up to the big bad conglomerate.
Yup and why would Sony try to hide exclusivity with this game when they haven't with others?
Perhaps this was a last minute deal they made after the game started to become popular. The technical issues with Xbox could still be true. But yeah, as others have said, it doesn't make sense that they would be quiet about it.

We have them on this forum and in this very thread attempting to hold the line for Sony.

Shady shit.
You do the same thing! Just not for Sony lol.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yup and why would Sony try to hide exclusivity with this game when they haven't with others?
Perhaps this was a last minute deal they made after the game started to become popular. The technical issues with Xbox could still be true. But yeah, as others have said, it doesn't make sense that they would be quiet about it lol.

You do the same thing! Just not for Sony lol.
Then why don't they advertize it now either?It makes no sense.

sainraja

I am just trying to put a reason or explain why they might have have been quiet about it (if there is a deal); and if it really was last minute, we will start to see them advertise it in the coming weeks and we'll know it for sure. Just depends on when this deal was made, if there is even is one lol. Who knows.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Still waiting on those sources. Where have those of us gotten it wrong? Who are the legit sources that make this thread's premise absolute truth? Shouldn't be this difficult for you.
If true, it seems like no one is allowed to speak on the record about it but Sony. And good luck with that.

they just want to mess with Xbox. that is the only explanation. they didn't even bother to make the physical editon.

OR

sony knew the performance was not very good and they are wating for the PS5 Pro to start the marketing.

IGN isn't a source.
Unless they're using the same source, then with every new article, comment etc this rumour is given more credibility. IGN have a tremendous amount of contacts within the industry, I'm sure you'd agree with that? For them to double down on this, they would have had to have this verified independently.

Last edited:

Bridges

Maybe they don't care about marketing because their goal was to get a stranglehold on China. They don't need to tell everyone it's exclusive if everyone in the region only has 1 console option of where to play it. Avoid any pushback for exclusivity and still get the desired result

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
If true, it seems like no one is allowed to speak on the record about it but Sony. And good luck with that.
If that's true, and it could be, I just don't see what they gain by withholding that info. To me, they benefit the other way around. Every mountain and rooftop would (and should) be plastered with that exclusivity news on a game of this magnitude!

Mr Moose

I am just trying to put a reason behind that by saying it was last minute and if it really was last minute, we might start to see them advertise it in the coming weeks and we'll know it for sure. Just depends on when this last minute deal was made, if there is even is one lol. Who knows.
It was before June we knew it wasn't coming day one, they are taking their sweet time to do advertising.

Topher

Gold Member
Unless they're using the same source, then with every new article, comment etc this rumour is given more credibility. IGN have a tremendous amount of contacts within the industry, I'm sure you'd agree with that? For them to double down on this, they would have had to have this verified indepently

If they have the same source then this corroborates nothing.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
If that's true, and it could be, I just don't see what they gain by withholding that info. To me, they benefit the other way around. Every mountain and rooftop would (and should) be plastered with that exclusivity news on a game of this magnitude!
They may not have marketing rights. Likely Nvidia does. But again, no one knows.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I am just trying to put a reason behind that by saying perhaps it was last minute and if it really was last minute, we might start to see them advertise it. Just depends on when this last minute deal was made, if there is even is one lol. Who knows.
Oh don't worry I understood, I was just pointing that this theory doesn't work either.Because if there was a deal it dates at the latest from the Xbox delay announcement, so plenty of time to advertize it since.

Edit :sorry I used from 2 times and misspelled it, corrected.

Last edited:
Maybe they don't care about marketing because their goal was to get a stranglehold on China. They don't need to tell everyone it's exclusive if everyone in the region only has 1 console option of where to play it. Avoid any pushback for exclusivity and still get the desired result
they have marketing deals with MiHoyo and they marketing the shit out of those.

Ebrietas

Neo Member
It’s because it doesn’t make sense why would Sony pay to have a secret exclusive? Why aren’t they marketing a massive hit game as a current console exclusive to their platform.
The game is selling like crazy despite Sony not spending any money advertising it so why bother?

Also let's be serious. It probably doesn't cost much money at this point to pay a dev to keep a game off xbox.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
they just want to mess with Xbox. that is the only explanation. they didn't even bother to make the physical editon.

OR

sony knew the performance was not very good and they are wating for the PS5 Pro to start the marketing.
Or they made the first deal ever to make their console appealing and chose not to tell for... reasons I guess?At least a period of exclusivity on their trailers like they did for other timed exclusives?

Mr Moose

Unless they're using the same source, then with every new article, comment etc this rumour is given more credibility. IGN have a tremendous amount of contacts within the industry, I'm sure you'd agree with that? For them to double down on this, they would have had to have this verified independently.
We know they make shit up all the time, can't spell ignorant without IGN. Does Desin still work for them?
IGN has reached out to both Game Science and Sony for comment on these reports.
Let's see if they reply.

Top Bottom