• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
DenchDeckard DenchDeckard

bfzaYXx.png

Chill Leopard GIF
He's deeply offended by this. This is the first time this has happened in the history of consoles.

Rudius

I hope it comes out for Xbox. The game is fantastic, like a mix of God of War (old and new), souls games, a bit of Ninja Gaiden Black, but at the same time being it's own thing.

jchung55

I don't buy it.

It just makes zero sense that Sony would pay for an exclusive and not promote it whatsoever. They parade around the Hoyoverse games, SH2, FF7, and countless others. Why would this game of all games be different.

The most credible comment so far is from Game Science themselves...unless you believe Sony paid for them to talk shit about the xbox?

Skifi28

I hope it comes out for Xbox. The game is fantastic, like a mix of God of War (old and new), souls games, a bit of Ninja Gaiden Black, but at the same time being it's own thing.
Be it some phantom deal or technical issues, there's little doubt it's eventually coming.

Last edited:

sainraja

they just want to mess with Xbox. that is the only explanation. they didn't even bother to make the physical editon.

OR

sony knew the performance was not very good and they are wating for the PS5 Pro to start the marketing.
Hmm? I guess.. but still doesn't help them much to have a game exclusive to their system while it is having performance issues; and they can't/won't even advertise. If people are really bothered by the game being exclusive, then just get it on PS5 (the ones complaining the loudest here seem to have both systems so....)

Last edited:
If they have the same source then this corroborates nothing.
Black Myth: Wukong's delay on Xbox is due to an exclusivity deal with Sony, a knowledgeable source has told IGN, corroborating reporting on Forbes as well as what IGN has heard elsewhere.

"corroborating reporting on Forbes as well as what IGN has heard elsewhere"

That's two different sources saying the same thing, I'm not a betting man but this ain't looking good for Sony.

Topher

Gold Member
Black Myth: Wukong's delay on Xbox is due to an exclusivity deal with Sony, a knowledgeable source has told IGN, corroborating reporting on Forbes as well as what IGN has heard elsewhere.

That's two different sources saying the same thing, I'm not a betting man but this ain't looking good for Sony.

Maybe. Could be the same source talking to IGN and Tassi. Thought that was what you meant when you said "Unless they're using the same source"

A bit too much of a coincidence that IGN and Tassi get new info from two different sources at the same exact time.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

VS the devs and extas1s so 2 sources vs 2 sources...But one is the dev of said game....

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

It is looking good for Sony. It was a smart deal. It's selling millions and moving consoles. Just like good exclusives do.

Skifi28

Hmm? I guess.. but still doesn't help them much to have a game exclusive to their system while it is having performance issues that you can't really advertise.
I don't think that's ever stopped them. Rebirth looks like a blurry mess on performance mode and Rise of the Ronin looked very dated and the framerate is terrible, but that didn't stop them from marketing the shit out of both. Whoever says that Sony isn't advertising the game because it's not technically great is crazy.

Last edited:

sainraja

it helps them in the sense that it's the only console the game is available.
Yeah, sorry, I mean that part was clear to me but the game having perf issues on their box does not look good, exclusive or not. So, if they do have exclusivity, might as well advertise it. The game is getting good word of mouth and seems to be a good game.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I dont understand how MS has $70 billion to buy activision, $8 billion to buy Zenimax, $3 billion to buy Minecraft, but lost timed exclusives to Sony for the following games:

- Black Myth
- Genshin Impact
- Stellar Blade
- FF16
- FF7 Rebirth
- Forspoken
- FF7 Remake
- Rise of Ronin
- Nioh 1 & Nioh 2
- Death Stranding 1 & 2 - Remember Sony signed kojima to a 2 game deal literally the year MS closed the Minecraft deal.
- Kojima's next game

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
It's exclusive on ps5 right now. You're point was why are they not marketing it?

Why spend money on marketing it when nvidia is doing it for you and you've paid so a platform doesn't have the game.

Market for who? What's rhe point in spending the marketing money when you've spent it on removing the xbox version like 2 months before launch.

Fucking dirty, man.

Really, really shady

So if GC was lying about the memory leak. Why didn't Xbox respond on that issue in the media?

You must be trolling at this point. You can't be real on this.

sainraja

Why isn't it looking good for Sony?

We all know they have, and will pay for exclusivity for games. They've done it in the past, same as Microsoft has, and they will likely to continue to do so. Why wouldn't it be good for them? If true, the game is going to be exclusive to their box and if people want it on console, then, for now, it has to be their console.

The only thing weird about this deal is, they are not saying anything about the game lol.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It is looking good for Sony. It was a smart deal. It's selling millions and moving consoles. Just like good exclusives do.

Yeah....not sure what "isn't looking good" for Sony here. I mean...exclusivity deals are still shitty, but the last half dozen times they did something like this didn't have negative repercussions so not sure why this one would be any different.

cireza

Gold Member
You know what else is shady? Telling your fanbase only 4 of your exclusive games going to playstation when you well know more than 4 were coming. But nope, ms is never shady amirite?
This is a bit like telling you believe in the power of generations, to then release only cross-platform games. Or not disclosing an exclusive as temporary from the beginning. Pretty shady communication amirite ?

Maybe. Could be the same source talking to IGN and Tassi. Thought that was what you meant when you said "Unless they're using the same source"

A bit too much of a coincidence that IGN and Tassi get new info from two different sources at the same exact time.
They're referring to Forbes, saying they've heard the same thing but from someone else. So even if Tassi is one source, there's another one also.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So if GC was lying about the memory leak. Why didn't Xbox respond on that issue in the media?

You must be trolling at this point. You can't be real on this.

GC didn't say anything about any memory leaks.

IGN isn't a source.

You know what I meant. IGN has one or more separate sources from Tassi saying the same thing.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
The only people that will end up looking bad are the Sony faithful that insist deals like this arent real. It shows (if true) that they were clueless.

Everyone does timed deals. Personally I'm fine waiting.

The only other people that look bad are the press. If this was on Xbox 1st they'd badger everyone until they found out how many months its exclusive. We already know Stalker 2 is 3 months and its not even out yet. They are just now finally getting around to trying to ask questions here which is a good thing.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
This is a bit like telling you believe in the power of generations, to then release only cross-platform games. Or not disclosing an exclusive as temporary from the beginning. Pretty shady communication amirite ?

"We have always said that we believe in generations. We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features.

They didn't only release cross-platform games. People still misunderstand his quote to this day.

sainraja

Why are people trying to turn this into a Sony vs. Microsoft thing?
They both have done exclusivity with games. One has bought a whole publisher and their strategy is now a little different from before.

Sony has, will continue to, make exclusivity with games that they think will help their business, so until doing it doesn't benefit them, they likely won't stop. So, if Sony was indeed behind it, I don't see how it is a "gotcha" as some here are trying to play it up to be. They got exclusivity to a game that is popular with gamers. I don't think Sony is going to see that as a negative.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
They're referring to Forbes, saying they've heard the same thing but from someone else. So even if Tassi is one source, there's another one also.

Not saying that isn't a possibility, but IGN said their source corroborated the "reporting" made by Forbes. They didn't say "someone else". How would IGN know who Forbes' source is?

Not saying you are wrong. Saying we don't know.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

That's like only reading a catchy title and not the article. Don't know how many times it has to be said, but you're wrong about cross-gen stuff. They literally say it in the same article they'll be supporting PS4 still.

"We have always felt that we had a responsibility to serve that [PS4] community for several years after the launch of PS5 and that it represented a huge business opportunity for us," Ryan says. "The numbers are quite straightforward. If you say in broad brush figures that we have a community of 100 million PS4 owners right now, and in the first couple of years... I don't know, somewhere between 15 and 25 million might migrate to PS5, that still leaves a huge number of people with PS4s. And that community is demonstrating an amazing stickiness, and willingness to stay engaged that, I think, the events of the past few months have just reinforced what we knew already.
The generations thing was about the features of next-gen.
"We have always said that we believe in generations. We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features.

"We do believe in generations, and whether it's the DualSense controller, whether it's the 3D audio, whether it's the multiple ways that the SSD can be used... we are thinking that it is time to give the PlayStation community something new, something different, that can really only be enjoyed on PS5."
Now let's never bring that shit up again.
You know what I meant. IGN has one or more separate sources from Tassi saying the same thing.
How would they know they have a separate source?

Last edited:

Astray

I dont understand how MS has $70 billion to buy activision, $8 billion to buy Zenimax, $3 billion to buy Minecraft, but lost timed exclusives to Sony for the following games:

- Black Myth
- Genshin Impact
- Stellar Blade
- FF16
- FF7 Rebirth
- Forspoken
- FF7 Remake
- Rise of Ronin
- Nioh 1 & Nioh 2
- Death Stranding 1 & 2 - Remember Sony signed kojima to a 2 game deal literally the year MS closed the Minecraft deal.
- Kojima's next game
Lack of anyone who understands games or how to manage/grow IP. I am not kidding. When you look at the timed exclusives they secured this gen, most of them are either middling-to-bad games (think shit like The Gunk or The Medium) or they are great games that are locked behind ineffectual agreements (Like a Dragon having an exclusive next-gen version for 6 months, or STALKER 2 having less than a year's exclusivity clause). When they do luck into a genuine hit they still manage to not make it rain for the rest of their line-up (see Palworld being a success on Gamepass and barely netting MS anything in profit despite being a Steam mega-hit).

They will continue to rack up L's because they have a strange victim mentality: All their failings must be the fault of an external party. They did it during the phone OS wars with Apple and Android, and now they're doing it with Sony. I guarantee you that if somehow, anyone comes up on their true moneymakers (Azure and Office), they will try to make it about how mean competitor moneyhatted Ctrl-Alt-V or some shit.

The below maxim continues to prove true:
Any time Sony gets an L, Microsoft scrambles to surround it with 5 L's of its own.

This is why Sony gets to coast along.

The only people that will end up looking bad are the Sony faithful that insist deals like this arent real. It shows (if true) that they were clueless.

Everyone does timed deals. Personally I'm fine waiting.

The only other people that look bad are the press. If this was on Xbox 1st they'd badger everyone until they found out how many months its exclusive. We already know Stalker 2 is 3 months and its not even out yet. They are just now finally getting around to trying to ask questions here which is a good thing.
Now it's actually good for Sony apparently, no shitty deal is bad enough when you're a shill it seems.

Lol at the absurd naivety of the usual suspects in this thread. You lot will eat up any unsubstantiated BS without receipts as long as it fits with your head narrative.

Firstly, lol, Jez is the source and is BS.

Secondly, nobody at a level to talk to the gaming media knows about deals like this, i.e. they have first-hand info on the deal.

Thirdly, if there was a deal both the game dev and MS wouldn't be publicaly taking about technical issues and how they're working to resolve them to bring the game to Xbox.

The copium won't allow these chuds acknowledge the simple fact that this is a result of the abortion that is the XSS and MS's policy that mandates day-and-date release of all games on XSX and XSS.

Anyone claiming anything else is a goon.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

If Sony paid for time exclusivity, wouldn't they make sure that's included in the marketing so that it's clear to consumers that it's coming to PS5 first? Doesn't make sense to spend millions of dollars paying for exclusivity, but then don't actually market the game as such.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
That's like only reading a catchy title and not the article. Don't know how many times it has to be said, but you're wrong about cross-gen stuff. They literally say it in the same article they'll be supporting PS4 still.

The generations thing was about the features of next-gen.
Now let's never bring that shit up again.
Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

Top Bottom