• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I just have no patience for defending something I didn't say. I didn't say I believed Jez. I said I didn't know, but would love to hear some confirmation. If you just assume I'm some caricature then it's not worth talking.

"In other news the world's population of crows is nearing extinction."

"In other news", at least how I took it, is the obligatory "water is wet" sort of comment. If that wasn't the intention, then I'm sorry, but when you double down on it with "Sony has lied before", it doesn't translate to much but you are giving credit to the folks calling this real. I also have little patience for people being deliberately disingenuous, but I'm at least able to discuss the who/what/why/when.

Last edited:

ManaByte

IGN corroborates it:

Black Myth: Wukong's delay on Xbox is due to an exclusivity deal with Sony, a knowledgeable source has told IGN, corroborating reporting on Forbes as well as what IGN has heard elsewhere.

The source denied that Black Myth: Wukong's delay is due to a memory leak issue, which was circulated by Spanish leaker eXtas1s after what they said was a conversation with Xbox developers at Gamescom. Because of that, they claimed, Black Myth: Wukong had not been able to pass bug detection tests and was thus delayed indefinitely.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
edit: Mana'd.

A secondary source is now corroborating this claim.

GWLIU-EXEAAeGNA

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
"In other news the world's population of crows is nearing extinction."

"In other news", at least how I took it, is the obligatory "water is wet" sort of comment. If that wasn't the intention, then I'm sorry, but when you double down on it with "Sony has lied before", it doesn't translate to much but you are giving credit to the folks calling this real. I also have little patience for people being deliberately disingenuous, but I'm at least able to discuss the who/what/why/when.
It's a joke dude.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
It's a joke dude.
icegif-2595.gif

You're either bad at telling jokes or got caught with your pants down. :goog_tongue:

Regardless, it's not a major deal, but like I said, I looked at the words you posted, and their subsequent reply, and worked with that. Again, if that's not what you meant, no big deal.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Like I said, LaLa Land.

Topher Topher

In fairness to you (because you deserve it), I get your skepticism. But really, when looking at the full picture, we're dealing with known liars and a dev who has no reason to lie (and Sony would be screaming about this exclusivity if it existed). Seems pretty clear cut, I'd say. On top of that @HeisenbergFX4 has been pretty clear about this and he's certainly an Xbox fan to believe. :)

I'm skeptical about pretty much everything when it comes to video games my man. I was saying the exact same stuff as you in the previous thread. None of this makes any sense. Someone is lying, but I just see too much conflicting information at this point. Could Tassi and his source be full of shit? Absolutely.

Well I certainly trust anything Microsoft says 100% :messenger_sunglasses:

We know

Last edited:

Punished Miku

icegif-2595.gif

You're either bad at telling jokes or got caught with your pants down. :goog_tongue:

Regardless, it's not a major deal, but like I said, I looked at the words you posted, and their subsequent reply, and worked with that. Again, if that's not what you meant, no big deal.
Everyone knows I'm bad at telling jokes.

ReBurn

Gold Member
We don't know the problem as the Dev statement was rather generic

"We are currently optimizing the Xbox Series X|S version to meet our quality standards," Game Science said, "so it won't release simultaneously with the other platforms. We apologize for the delay and aim to minimize the wait for Xbox users. We will announce the release date as soon as it meets our quality standards."

If Sony paid for this why would Game Science have even made a statement?
I don't think Sony paid for exclusivity. I think it's probably that Game Science is focusing on the platforms where they can make the most money first, which is PC and PS5, and they'll get around to an Xbox version when they have time to focus on it.

Lol sony wanted to keep it secret because of backlash from xbox fans? They don't even give a shit about playstation fans but they're worried about xbox fans crying about it on twitter? Riiight.

Yeah the claim is complete BS and doesn't make any logical sense with even a second of thought. Tassi vehemently defended The Acolyte; between that and other odd stuff he should probably be a banned source in these parts.

Tassi, put up some proof or keep Wukong's name out of your mouth! 😂

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
He's probably lying. If the claim is true, surely he can provide some proof. Someone has to have a copy of the contract; just scan a part of it and upload anonymously. The internet can handle it from there.

In any case, it's no more egregious than the marketing deal MS has arranged with Atlus for Metaphor. These kind of deals are perfectly fine; ultimately it makes gamers with their finances in order be open to more choice. That's what we want, right? More choice for content?

So tell me how you feel about STALKER 2, Echo Generation, Replaced, The Gunk, and the Metaphor marketing that completely omits PlayStation out of mention even on the Atlus Youtube channels and social media?

We're those games announced as coming to playstation and as hyped as wukong?

Then suddenly 2 months before launch it's now not coming due to technical reasons?

Isn't forbes a big media site? How can they get away with lying about this?

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I'm skeptical about pretty much everything when it comes to video games my man. I was saying the exact same stuff as you in the previous thread. None of this makes any sense. Someone is lying, but I just see too much conflicting information at this point. Could Tassi and his source be full of shit? Absolutely.
As always, fair!

Punished Miku Punished Miku

The more you know! :p

No hard feelings either way!

Punished Miku

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
icegif-2595.gif

You got double crow to eat, man.

You're in this thread shooting down any possibility that Sony have done a dirty here. Defending them like fuck and you are completely wrong. Like so wrong.

There has been a deal, sony are dirty as fuck and we have clear evidence of silent back door deals going down from them.

Fuck them. I'm not buying a pro now. They should have been honest and owned this shit.

Fuck all the stans defending them too. Like you.

I don't think Sony paid for exclusivity. I think it's probably that Game Science is focusing on the platforms where they can make the most money first, which is PC and PS5, and they'll get around to an Xbox version when they have time to focus on it.
IGN have corroborated that they did indeed make a deal.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member

You're in this thread shooting down any possibility that Sony have done a dirty here. Defending them like fuck and you are completely wrong. Like so wrong.

There has been a deal, sony are dirty as fuck and we have clear evidence of silent back door deals going down from them.

Fuck them. I'm not buying a pro now. They should have been honest and owned this shit.

This is gold! So, I should ignore the dev..... why? You believe Jez .... why? For someone who's "not only all about Xbox", you sure do pop up when it's convenient.

But, seriously, answer those questions with any sort of actual comeback and we can have a proper discussion.

xHunter

Arent you a PC guy anyways? Why do you care?

XXL

edit: Mana'd.

A secondary source is now corroborating this claim.

GWLIU-EXEAAeGNA

Were gonna need another source other than IGN to corroborate.

I mean.....

Let not pretend IGN hasn't been trying to take this game down for political reasons.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Eh, I was going to seriously reply, but you never have anything to actually discuss. A defense with no substance.

DenchDeckard DenchDeckard

If it's about "kneecapping Xbox", wouldn't a revelation of exclusivity..... help that cause?

It's exclusive on ps5 right now. You're point was why are they not marketing it?

Why spend money on marketing it when nvidia is doing it for you and you've paid so a platform doesn't have the game.

Market for who? What's rhe point in spending the marketing money when you've spent it on removing the xbox version like 2 months before launch.

Fucking dirty, man.

Really, really shady

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
It's exclusive on ps5 right now. You're point was why are they not marketing it?

Why spend money on marketing it when nvidia is doing it for you and you've paid so a platform doesn't have the game.

Market for who? What's rhe point in spending the marketing money when you've spent it on removing the xbox version like 2 months before launch.

Fucking dirty, man.

Really, really shady
A game of this magnitude was never an issue for them to market in the past. Now, all of a sudden, they're letting the fact that's only on PS5 do the talking when they never have this issue? It's going to take more than the "trust me bros" for this to make any sense.

You also said there was clear evidence of the silent back door hand offs. What is this evidence?

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I own the game on pc. I'm just not down for dirty back door shady shit.

So we honestly don't believe there isn't a final fantasy 7 deal?

What else is sony doing behind the scenes and developers cant talk about it.

Its bullshit.
You mean the game that has had the window of eclusivity on its trailers ?Everybody knows that there are or were(can''t remember the dates) an exclusivity period, but not every game that is timed exclusive is linked to a deal....
And in this case we have extas1s and the dev saying one thing and paul tassi and jez another but thinking just for a little bit why wouldn't sony advertise its exclusivity?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I own the game on pc. I'm just not down for dirty back door shady shit.

So we honestly don't believe there isn't a final fantasy 7 deal?

What else is sony doing behind the scenes and developers cant talk about it.

Its bullshit.
Cool when Ms goes around buying up everything they can though? I'm sure you were fine with them spending 50 million on tomb raider last gen.

XXL

I don't think this helps that particular point in any way. It's not like this has any impact on the games current success.
That doesn't matter at all to ideological journalist.

I'm not saying this is definitively not true, I'm just saying IGN isn't the best source when it come to this game specifically.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Yeah sure thing buddy, you are clearly delusional, 3 different sources have now confirmed it was a deal made by Sony, take your head out of your ass and wake up.
Legit sources? Where?

And, if it's delusional to take the devs at their word, coolbeans. I'll await those legit sources and your explanation of why that's in the land of delusion.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Damn, this thread is on fire.

Passi woke up and chose violence today.

IGN entered the chat to hand out brass knuckles.

That doesn't matter at all to ideological journalist.

I'm not saying this is definitively not true, I'm just saying IGN isn't the best source when it come to this game specifically.

Fair enough.

Game Science can come out and deny this and quash it within minutes.

The Phantom Blade Zero devs did that within a few hours of that games fake exclusivity rumors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom