• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taul Passi: Black Myth Wukong not coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
But they did say it was for optimisations and that they were doing all they can to minimize the wait ...How do you do that when there's a deal ?

Yes, I'm sure they'll minimize the wait to the minimum of the agreement's requirement.

thierry-henry-smile.gif

. So, if they do have exclusivity, might as well advertise it.
And that's the whole point of contention in this drama.

it doesn't matter if there is an exclusivity deal or not.... the fact is that the game is not on Xbox.... and has been super successful. (without any kind of advertisement from Play Station).

i dunno, but some people are super salty and butthurt about the situation of several games skipping the Xbox platform.... even Second party Xbox deals are skipping Xbox.

i think some people are just pushing this narrative as an act of desperation.

Skifi28

That's like only reading a catchy title and not the article. Don't know how many times it has to be said, but you're wrong about cross-gen stuff. They literally say it in the same article they'll be supporting PS4 still.
I'm always surprised when I still see people quoting this out of context. The article is there for everyone to read.

ByWatterson

If Sony paid for time exclusivity, wouldn't they make sure that's included in the marketing so that it's clear to consumers that it's coming to PS5 first? Doesn't make sense to spend millions of dollars paying for exclusivity, but then don't actually market the game as such.

This is the only point that matters.

Ebrietas

Neo Member
I dont understand how MS has $70 billion to buy activision, $8 billion to buy Zenimax, $3 billion to buy Minecraft, but lost timed exclusives to Sony for the following games:

- Black Myth
- Genshin Impact
- Stellar Blade
- FF16
- FF7 Rebirth
- Forspoken
- FF7 Remake
- Rise of Ronin
- Nioh 1 & Nioh 2
- Death Stranding 1 & 2 - Remember Sony signed kojima to a 2 game deal literally the year MS closed the Minecraft deal.
- Kojima's next game
What's hard to understand? For most of Xbox's existence, it has been led by people who don't at all understand the market.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
MS's statement is public, they would have tagged it if citing it.

Sure.

Like I said before, Game Science can come out and clarify this very quickly.
Clarify again ?Look they've said they needed more time to optimize the xbox versions , why answering again?

Mr Moose

MS's statement is public, they would have tagged it if citing it.
They do, it's in the article.
The new information follows a series of confusing rumors and contradictary statement stretching back to June. Observers first noted the delay when Xbox Series X|S vanished from the Black Myth: Wukong trailer shown during Summer Game Fest. In its FAQ, Game Science said that it was still optimizing the Xbox version.
This source is the new info, nothing else.

I dont understand how MS has $70 billion to buy activision, $8 billion to buy Zenimax, $3 billion to buy Minecraft, but lost timed exclusives to Sony for the following games:

- Black Myth
- Genshin Impact
- Stellar Blade
- FF16
- FF7 Rebirth
- Forspoken
- FF7 Remake
- Rise of Ronin
- Nioh 1 & Nioh 2
- Death Stranding 1 & 2 - Remember Sony signed kojima to a 2 game deal literally the year MS closed the Minecraft deal.
- Kojima's next game
One of the problems with being a monopolist is that your mentality is completely different from a normal company that has to compete to survive and Microsoft is an exemplary monopolist

Topher

Gold Member
First of all there was no deal didn't make sense (according to you) now it's ok that they made the deal it's good business. I'd call that a 180 wouldn't you?

That's not a 180. The deal can not make sense but also not be a big deal at the same time.

Astray

You just know that Spencer, Bond and Booty are drinking down their sorrows rn over missing out on this game now that the post-Concord-failure-high has subsided.

The amount of crying and seethe we've seen over the past few weeks has been utterly phenomenal and unseen before.

Microsoft for some reason really, REALLY wants to exit the console market with maximum pain inflicted on its loyal consumers.

GHG

Gold Member
What people need to understand here is that either the devs are lying (as recent as a few weeks ago), or this so called "xbox affiliated source" is lying. At this point only the studio/publisher behind the game can point us towards the truth.

If this turns out to be not true then Jez and Tassi are shameless to a level beyond belief. Edit:

Add this guy to that list as well.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
You got double crow to eat, man.

You're in this thread shooting down any possibility that Sony have done a dirty here. Defending them like fuck and you are completely wrong. Like so wrong.

There has been a deal, sony are dirty as fuck and we have clear evidence of silent back door deals going down from them.

Fuck them. I'm not buying a pro now. They should have been honest and owned this shit.

Fuck all the stans defending them too. Like you.

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Zacfoldor

Looks like Jez wants to try to use this as leverage to prevent Xbox from dying by trying to...I guess guilt Satya Nadella into stopping the PS5 ports. I am reading into those tweets correctly?

GHG

Gold Member

You're in this thread shooting down any possibility that Sony have done a dirty here. Defending them like fuck and you are completely wrong. Like so wrong.

There has been a deal, sony are dirty as fuck and we have clear evidence of silent back door deals going down from them.

Fuck them. I'm not buying a pro now. They should have been honest and owned this shit.

Total meltdown.

adamsapple

They do, it's in the article.
This source is the new info, nothing else.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, the MS statement is cited separately near the end of the article. They could have tagged it in the elsewhere part, or noted that this is something they have also heard from MS.

If this turns out to be not true then Jez and Tassi are shameless to a level beyond belief. Edit:

If this turns out to be true, plenty of gaffers will owe them sincere apologies :p

At this point only the studio/publisher behind the game can point us towards the truth.

Agreed. Their radio silence since the first batch of rumors isn't helping anyone.

That and they haven't exactly communicated the update / patching path for the PS5 either. The console version(s) are probably not their priority.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, the MS statement is cited separately near the end of the article. They could have tagged it in the elsewhere part, or noted that this is something they have also heard from MS.

If this turns out to be true, plenty of gaffers will owe them sincere apologies :p
a knowledgeable source has told IGN
That's how I came to that conclusion.

I don't care what IGN says they've had it out for this game since before it released. Game science already said what the reason was until someone comes up with real proof I'm not believing it. Also think it's insanely suspicious how Paul writes that article and IGN is right behind him with sources as well.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

And if my aunt had balls it'd be my uncle...The most likely scenario is that the game will release on xbox in a few months at worst and we'll never know thetruth and in a few days everybody would've forgotten this story true or not...Unless some proof comes out so far it is a rumor vs the studio statement.

Last edited:

Zacfoldor

You are so getting my hopes up that the Pro will be easy to find. May you find compatriots in the scalper community and stand against this injustice. For us. Together, we will work to provide a PS5 Pro for myself. For a brighter tomorrow.

adamsapple

And if my aunt had balls it'd be my uncle...The most likemy scenario is that the game will release on xbox in a few months at worst and we'll never know thetruth and in a few days everybody would've forgotten this story true or not...Unless some proof comes out so far it is a rumor vs the studio statement.

Multiple websites have asked GS for clarification on it, so let's see if we get any official response.

Astray

What people need to understand here is that either the devs are lying (as recent as a few weeks ago), or this so called "xbox affiliated source" is lying. At this point only the studio/publisher behind the game can point us towards the truth.

Add this guy to that list as well.

I kinda don't blame them.

Someone else made this point a while ago, but a lot of those outlets absolutely RELY on console war for clicks. Without MS doing bullshit like this, they'd be all out of jobs.

IGN is especially on the hook as they just purchased like 5 sites in the past year alone, they went all-in on gaming media right as the console wars were breathing their last breaths. Games media are fighting for their lives right now.

I don't care what IGN says they've had it out for this game since before it released. Game science already said what the reason was until someone comes up with real proof I'm not believing it. Also think it's insanely suspicious how Paul writes that article and IGN is right behind him with sources as well.
Absolutely reeks of coordinated PR messaging to me. The new Discord orders are out I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom