• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Articalys

By the way, for anyone keeping score, that just covered, in two minutes, all you needed to know from the equivalent of:
- 35 original Japanese episodes, or
- 26 original dub episodes, or
- 16.5 Kai episodes.

Impressive.

Tizoc

How and why did Vegeta do a Destructo Disk for anyway?
That should be a +# for Krillin getting owned counter.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I watched all the abridged episodes; however, I think I missed one bit of info along the way. I may have missed a clip. When did Goku get resurrected?

Acerac said:
Just like Kai, even better than the original series.

Granted, they can only make maybe 5 episodes of this and they will go through all of DBZ, but it is amazing while it lasts.
However, they'll only manage to do five because thus far they've only made 24 abridged episodes.

Acerac

Banned
hateradio said:
I watched all the abridged episodes; however, I think I missed one bit of info along the way. I may have missed a clip. When did Goku get resurrected?

However, they'll only manage to do five because thus far they've only made 24 abridged episodes.
With another one they'll catch up to the main series.

Come to think of it, if they follow kai's lead there won't be a buu saga, so that brings us down to 4. 3 if they combine trunks through cell sagas.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Acerac said:
With another one they'll catch up to the main series.

Come to think of it, if they follow kai's lead there won't be a buu saga, so that brings us down to 4. 3 if they combine trunks through cell sagas.
I meant that they were "Kaing" their own abridged episodes. It was all stuff that they had already done, except for a few changed lines. I suppose they can continue to go with this kai-style without doing the extended abridging. They are taking too long with the Freeza thing anyway.

Cheerilee

Tizoc said:
How and why did Vegeta do a Destructo Disk for anyway?
That should be a +# for Krillin getting owned counter.
The Destructo Disk is Krillin's signature move, but the idea of a "cutting type" energy attack isn't exclusive to him.

IIRC, when Nappa was fighting Krillin for amusement, Krillin threw a Destructo Disk and Nappa was going to try and catch it like an idiot, but Vegeta realized what it was at the last second and yelled for Nappa to dodge it. So Vegeta at least knew enough about them to recognize one when he saw it. And then he used at least one of them later.

Frieza also not only used them in his fight against Goku, but he actually launched multiple self-guided Destructo Disks, which seemed like a good idea until
Goku dodged and diverted them to chop Frieza into meat chunks

Basically, anyone with a cutting attack can steal Krillin's exclusive signature Destructo Disk if they simply call their attack a Destructo Disk. Which is kind of an asshole thing to do. Which is why Vegeta did it.

Anth0ny

oh my fucking god.

-Leaving the dub's version of Piccolo fusing with Nail was flawless, and I had a feeling they were just going to keep it the same. WAY too good to change :lol

-Kuririn 1ups was amazing

-MAGUS' THEME JESUS CHRIST SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD

Acerac

Banned
hateradio said:
I meant that they were "Kaing" their own abridged episodes. It was all stuff that they had already done, except for a few changed lines. I suppose they can continue to go with this kai-style without doing the extended abridging. They are taking too long with the Freeza thing anyway.
Yeah, I was just messing around. As awesome as the abridged abridged series is, it isn't something that can be done with any sort of consistency.

Sidenote: a new AVGN and DBZ abridged within a day of each other? Holy shit, if we had a Plinkett review this would be like a holiday of awesome internet videos.

Anth0ny

Acerac said:
Sidenote: a new AVGN and DBZ abridged within a day of each other? Holy shit, if we had a Plinkett review this would be like a holiday of awesome internet videos.

Seriously lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh gosh so many great moments in this one.

Funi Piccolo speech spoof.

Krillin impalement 1ups.

Gohan: "OK I think I have issues."

Articalys

Yesssssssss
That parody of the
fusion scene
was perfect. Almost afraid they were going to play it straight for a minute.

Also: "My son, the planet, or me?" "...Yes."

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"Wait, my son, the planet, or me?"

"...Yes."

"Frigging smartass."

KuGsj.gif

Edit- What was with Nappa's hat?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It may be plagiarism but I really loved Yamamoto's score.

Also, good GIF for some threads:

MpoUL.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
jman2050 said:
Also,
the payoff for this Gohan/Goku stuff once the Cell fight rolls around is going to be glorious
It's going to take foreeeeeeeeeeever to get there it feels.

Top Bottom