• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
wwm0nkey said:
The only Abridged series that doesn't get old or annoying.
Though the first few episodes are a little slow/stupid. I always have to skip them at first whenever I try to get people into the series, otherwise they always lose interest.

The Kai abridged parody has proven to be a great starting place though.

jaxword

Though it will undoubtedly be less funny upon rewatching, Lord Slug's incoherent mumblings made me laugh every time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Probably because of a small error he made (there was like a second of the screen saying "Media not found" backwards or something.)

Saw a panel by these guys last Friday at an anime convention. Didn't see all of it, but I did catch the tail end of it. They showed some clips and they were pretty funny

Smack-talking Piccolo is best Piccolo.

"YOU'RE A PENIS."
"Been so long since you've seen yours you don't even recognise one do ya"

"Please don't break ma arm"
"No."

Bit-Bit

The letter at the end was awesome. Love the very last part.

"Naaaail, maaaail this letter."
"We don't have a postal service."
"Naaaaail, fetch the dragon baaalls".

ZealousD said:
Fucking Iguana Street!
The Iguana Street thing was brilliant. Picking out some completely inconsequential, but highly visible thing from the background and turning it into key dialogue.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EmCeeGramr said:
Surprised they didn't point out that Goku bursting through the chest is a King Piccolo thing too.

Afterwards he says he has to get the Dragon Balls and wish back Krillin, Master Roshi, etc. so presumably they were making a reference to the end of Dragon Ball.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I see the DB reference went completely over EmCeeGramr's head and then he complained about no DB reference :p

Sirius

Andrex said:
Afterwards he says he has to get the Dragon Balls and wish back Krillin, Master Roshi, etc. so presumably they were making a reference to the end of Dragon Ball.

and Piccolo: "...... what?!"

jaxword

Can anyone explain a reference to me?

In one episode, Vegeta screams SUCK IT JABRONI and takes down Recoome. Then comes this strange sequence of dialogue:

Vegeta: Well, that went better than expected--
Recoome: You talking more smack Vegeta?
Vegeta: What? How can you possibly be standing after a hit like that?
Recoome: Silly Vegeta, the only thing Recoome sells is Merchandise!

And then comes the merchandise joke.

I don't get Recoome's merchandise comeback. What did Vegeta say that related to "sells"?

jaxword said:
Can anyone explain a reference to me?

In one episode, Vegeta screams SUCK IT JABRONI and takes down Recoome. Then comes this strange sequence of dialogue:

Vegeta: Well, that went better than expected--
Recoome: You talking more smack Vegeta?
Vegeta: What? How can you possibly be standing after a hit like that?
Recoome: Silly Vegeta, the only thing Recoome sells is Merchandise!

And then comes the merchandise joke.

I don't get Recoome's merchandise comeback. What did Vegeta say that related to "sells"?
It's a pro wrestling thing, about the act of making something believable.

When a wrestler on the receiving end of an attack "sells" it he makes it look like he got brutally hit. Like laying on the floor gasping or staggering around.

In this case he's claiming the only thing he "sells" is merchandise, as in t-shirts with his name on it. (The "better" a wrestler is, the more people buy his shirts.)

So basically, he's telling Vegeta that his attacks are weak and pathetic.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
jaxword said:
Great, thanks for clearing that one up!
yes, in this case, recooome was "no-selling" vegeta's attacks. Making vegeta look weak to the audience.

That entire abridged episode was wrestling themed with references all over the place. :p

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
About friggin time...lazy bastards.

Question, did that scene with Vegeta attempting to escape actually happen in the real episode?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
It didn't happen in the manga, I think it was an anime-filler creation.

I just ask cause I've sat through pretty much every worthless episode of the series, yet I don't remember that. Not saying it didn't happen, mind you, but if it did, holy shit how the hell did I miss it?

Top Bottom