• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

I just ask cause I've sat through pretty much every worthless episode of the series, yet I don't remember that. Not saying it didn't happen, mind you, but if it did, holy shit how the hell did I miss it?
I pretty much always missed the episode that had Freeza's "HG Giger Alien" form. I wouldn't be surprised if that form was just filler as well.

jaxword

I pretty much always missed the episode that had Freeza's "HG Giger Alien" form. I wouldn't be surprised if that form was just filler as well.

Nah, Toriyama had that in the manga, but it was really just a form of filler in itself as it was just there to surpass Piccolo so Goku had to save the day again.

So glad someone bumped this :p

I really think the writing in this series would fit right into so many of the writing teams working on cable right now.

Adult Swim should give these guys a show; low budget, simple animation, I could see it working.

Cheerilee

So glad someone bumped this :p

I really think the writing in this series would fit right into so many of the writing teams working on cable right now.

Adult Swim should give these guys a show; low budget, simple animation, I could see it working.

I suspect they're not fast enough. I know that I've dabbled in a few hobbies where I've been able to deliver near-professional results, but I realized that a professional would have done the job in a fraction of the time. My results under similar time constraints would be less than worthless. It's fine as a hobby if you're spending your own time doing something you enjoy, and the end result is something you can be proud of.

I suspect they're not fast enough. I know that I've dabbled in a few hobbies where I've been able to deliver near-professional results, but I realized that a professional would have done the job in a fraction of the time. My results under similar time constraints would be less than worthless. It's fine as a hobby if you're spending your own time doing something you enjoy, and the end result is something you can be proud of.

True, but part of the reason for that, I suspect, is practice and working in an environment where the whole process is far more streamlined than when you're just mucking around on a weekend. Talent is still the most important factor.

The first south park episode apparently took a whole summer to make, now they're doing it in 6 or 7 days. (which is crazy, but you get the point :p)

Plus, aren't they still making episodes just in their free-time? I'd have to imagine they could produce a lot more if they were doing it as a full-time job instead of as a hobby.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The editing is all done by one guy, KaiserNeko. I imagine he also has a job or college to attend to. Same with writer and voice actor Lanipator. Voice actor MasakoX does anime reviews on video for TFS partner site ThatGuyWithTheGlasses, along with a possible job/college. That's about all I know.

So yeah, I can't imagine them appearing on Adult Swim. Plus, copyright issues and all that.

Takao

Banned
The editing is all done by one guy, KaiserNeko. I imagine he also has a job or college to attend to. Same with writer and voice actor Lanipator. Voice actor MasakoX does anime reviews on video for TFS partner site ThatGuyWithTheGlasses, along with a possible job/college. That's about all I know.

So yeah, I can't imagine them appearing on Adult Swim. Plus, copyright issues and all that.

Well obviously Toei isn't going to allow this show on the air, but a different production created from the ground up wouldn't exactly have a problem with that.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Good ep, I was worried LK's Frieza would get old but he hasn't yet, so I'm happy.

Zzoram

I actually enjoy the abridged because it meets my nostalgic desire to rewatch DBZ but gives it to me with more humor and less filler, exactly the way I'd prefer the original to be.

jman2050

"The human body is composed of 75% water. And I am 100% DEATH. HAVE SOME."

Also the whole Minesweeper bit was hilarious.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I died at the crab. It's a shame Freeze had to eat him for
MASSIVE DAMAGE.

Jexemad

Oh my god the crab
KuGsj.gif
I almost choked, goddamit
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom