• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

jaxword

I like how the TFS series basically turns him into the protagonist, given how often Goku's busy/dead/healing/in-transit somewhere else.

No, that was pretty common in regular DBZ too...Goku is conveniently missing while the heroes get beaten.

Saiyins kill everyone until Goku turns up from being dead.
Ginyu Squad beats up everyone til Goku arrives on Namek.
Freeza beats up everyone until Goku heals.
Cell beats up everyone until Goku's heart disease goes away.
And then the ENTIRE Buu saga is just waiting for Goku to come back again.

Toriyama is a great artist but his writing is pretty formulaic.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The crab bit was definitely the best. Fucking hilarious.

Vegeta's dick slapping joke was also a highlight for me. Vegeta is just too awesome on this show.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
No, that was pretty common in regular DBZ too...Goku is conveniently missing while the heroes get beaten.

Saiyins kill everyone until Goku turns up from being dead.
Ginyu Squad beats up everyone til Goku arrives on Namek.
Freeza beats up everyone until Goku heals.
Cell beats up everyone until Goku's heart disease goes away.
And then the ENTIRE Buu saga is just waiting for Goku to come back again.

Toriyama is a great artist but his writing is pretty formulaic.
This is one of the reasons I always hated Goku's character.

Characters like Vegeta go through the fucking grinder and then Jesusku conveniently pops up and steals all the fucking glory with some cheap new tricks he pulls out of his ass.

Did I mention I fucking hate Goku?

I think he's better at sounding how you think you remember Vegeta, not how Vegeta actually sounds.

I agree. Re-watching the Funi dubs, and Chistopher Sabat just sounds constipated. TFS Vegeta sounds a bit more natural sounding while still capturing the spirit of the dub.

Neither of 'em can beat Bryan Drummond's snarky, raspy Vegeta though. That voice is locked in my memory forever as how Vegeta should sound.

I haven't checked in a while so when I saw this thread bumped I watched the last TWO eps. Krillin breaking his own neck and the Nail/Piccolo dialogue killed me.

"I have APPS?"

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I agree. Re-watching the Funi dubs, and Chistopher Sabat just sounds constipated. TFS Vegeta sounds a bit more natural sounding while still capturing the spirit of the dub.

Yeah, and he also doesn't have that slight stupid British accent that Sabat incorporated for a while.

I still think it's pretty close.

jaxword

Boy, when rewatching it you really notice how Toriyama/the animators got lazy with the "tail strangling" when it's not even remotely near Goku's neck.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Vegeta is dead and he's still the highlight of the show. Yet another great episode.

God these things need to get here faster. It's torture waiting for new eps.

Vegeta <3

It's incredible how they've been able to do a Vegeta that's even better than the original English dub one. Great, great character.

Somebody needs to call a producer on Adult Swim or FX and send them links for these episodes....stat.

Too many copyright issues. Although nothing says the talent behind it can't go on to do something else fantastic. In fact, they probably already are, which would explain the episode slowdown.

Shouta

Man, these are probably the best version of DBZ there is. Funnier than any of the dubs, and the fights are like 10x more interesting to watch than the JP ones on the whole.

Top Bottom