• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I had this thought while I was peeking at the "definitive" DBZ thread on the ot the other day. It's nuts how DBZ Abridged really is the best way to watch the series. It's pretty unprecedented that a fan dub could bring that level of additional value to an already enjoyable series.

"It's time to get in there and throw down." "Really, Krillin?" "HAHA FUCK NO"

So if someone THEORETICALLY hadn't actually watched all that much of the series, you'd recommend this over Kai?

McNum

I had this thought while I was peeking at the "definitive" DBZ thread on the ot the other day. It's nuts how DBZ Abridged really is the best way to watch the series. It's pretty unprecedented that a fan dub could bring that level of additional value to an already enjoyable series.

"It's time to get in there and throw down." "Really, Krillin?" "HAHA FUCK NO"
What thread is that? I searched for it, but didn't find anything.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Well, thanks for not telling me TWO new episodes were out, guyz! Anyway...

"Why didn't you block that one?!"
"I thought you had it?"
"Noooo!"

The naked vegeta scene was hilarious too.

"I even got my weighted clothing, and I wasn't wearing that when I died."

And of course the grudge comment. It took me a while to figure out what he meant. :lol

Seriously, I still can't believe you guys are having this kind of a conversation.

Look, I know you all have this unnatural nostalgia towards the show. I do too. But you still have to accept that the show was really terrible in a lot of ways. The power level madness is one of those things. Remember how the nearly useless Tien somehow was able to continually pound Cell into the ground by yelling with his hand in a triangle? Remember how Trunks and Goten became Super Saiyan like it was nothing?

Remember that stupid plot device where a Saiyan becomes stronger every time they nearly die? And yet nobody tries to take advantage of that? Except for Vegeta, that one single time?

Trunks and Goten being able to effortlessly become super saiyan is probably the least retarded of the three. At least one can come up with some plausible excuse. Unlike the others which just make no goddamn sense no matter which way you slice it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Yeah...had a feeling some might have gotten the wrong idea. It was nay my intention, though! :(

Sirius

Obliviooooooooooooon!!

tumblr_lnd0msG4h31qjzyjko1_500.gif

Funny, I can actually imagine many a scenario where he would say that and still stay in character...

I actually don't mind non ep bumps. I just watch the last few again.

"If I had any single regret from the countless horrific events that have transpired in my wake, it's that I'm dying."

also sorry for not responding, the junior did in fact link to the thread I was talking about AND I would totally recommend this for someone who's never seen the series before. It's a perfect distillation of what makes the action great, with some genuinely funny internet humor on the side. If it ends up getting you into the world a bit, then definitely get around to the normal episodes, there are an unfathomable number of them.

jaxword

Ok, I felt bad for all you DBZ fans coming to the thread and being disappointed at the contentless bumps, so I collected this for you, it's a short story from the Dragonball Multiverse Fan comic. Maybe you'll have a little bit of fun reading them.

What if the Gods, instead of chilling in Heaven, decided to pre-emptively take out Bibidi BEFORE he completed Buu?

3nT5B.jpg

eeBAI.png

Q9ppj.png

fHEWa.png

bTauZ.png

d5A6o.png

Orkaz.png

The next pages will be up in a few days:

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-551.html

McNum

Wow, they pulled off Goku's super saiyan scream extremely well. And of course, Goku is still Goku. He's kind of cute when he tries to be scary.

Think part 2 and 3 will be out today?

McNum

Oh, right. That's why episode 1 is missing from the account. Toei Animation had one of them pulled. Strangely, they've left it alone since then.

jaxword

Oh, right. That's why episode 1 is missing from the account. Toei Animation had one of them pulled. Strangely, they've left it alone since then.

Whichever employee of Toei whose duties include checking for copyright infringement probably hasn't gone back to search for something he had removed a year ago.

He's likely got more things daily to check and hasn't gotten around to googling Dragonball Z Abridged again.

Or he's lazy, either way.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I loved how they included the infamous "five minutes" line. Maybe in Space Time...

What I find interesting is that Takahata101 didn't have a single line. Though with everyone getting revived, he'll be back in Part 2.

McNum

Now I must endure the wait for the next episode. I wonder if they are going to do the cell saga.
I think they said they had ideas up to and including the Cell Saga.

By the way, why do we call the parts of Dragonball Z "sagas", anyway?

Top Bottom