• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Yes, many will say start with "dragonball" but i found that entirely boring.

DBZ has alot of filler episodes but some are worth watching, The 3 main story arcs are great.

Volimar

"Then, how might I be of service, Lord Popo?"

"Good question. Kami, the fuck am I doing?"

"Good question. King Kai, the fuck is he doing?"

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
By the way, why do we call the parts of Dragonball Z "sagas", anyway?
Because Toonami told me to.

and it just sounds cool.

Frezia (Sayian saga is essentially the Prelude)
Cell (Android saga is the Prelude)
Buu

Everything else is filler or small story arcs. DBZ has 3 main villians and 3 Story arc's

It is known

Suairyu

Banned
Guys don't compress Saiyan into Namek arc.

Saiyan is so totally it's own thing. It feels far more Dragonball than it does Dragonball Z.

It even has its own intro title.

Saiyan is the first half of the Namek saga, because unlike the Cell and Buu sagas it is not discreet. Vegeta flees Earth and the Namek stuff directly follows on.

The background banter between Goku, Kai, Mr Popo and Kami was definitely the best bit of the episode. It's a shame that you can't do all that much with Frieza at this point.

edit: Fixed the spelling of Frieza.

Freiza saga leads directly into Android/Cell by appearance of mecha Frieza and Trunks.

The King Cold/Mecha Frieza stuff is very tangential and not important to the Cell saga's opening. It's an overlap but definitely not the same thing as the Saiyan/Namek and Android/Cell overlaps.

I've said this before in another thread, but I still think Garlic Jr. Saga was filler done correctly. There was still conflict, quite a bit of action, and it gave several side characters a chance to shine. Plus, the end fight was a bit more involved than a beam struggle/spirit bomb shenanigans.

That said, I see them doing Garlic Jr. Saga as a side movie (like Lord Slug) than as part of the actual continuity.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I was done by the Chaotzu line. :lol

I'd just like to mention, one problem I've always had was Goku's SSJ transformation was kinda shitty if you think about it. Compare how the environment reacted around him to how it reacted when Goku came back from the dead and displayed his power to Vegeta and Nappa. Or compare it to Vegeta powering up against Goku in their first fight. Or a wide variety of instances throughout the series. I'm just saying it should have been more tense and impressive looking.

Ironically, this was one of the few instances where Toei spending several minutes on a power up scene would have been appropriate.

Part 2 is out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YkEDGD_sDs&feature=g-u-u

I really wanted the elder to die by just saying: "BYE!"
YES YES YES :D

freezaure6f.gif

Wait, so in the original, why did Goku un-Super Saiyan and fly away?

He noted to Frieza that even though he elevated his power level to 100% and fought evenly with SSJ for a while, it had rapidly drained during the course of their fight, so he was no longer a threat to Goku and not worth killing. He then depowers and basically tells him to live with the shame
"deal with it"
. Frieza, being King of the known universe since he was a child, doesn't take this very well.

He noted to Frieza that even though he elevated his power level to 100% and fought evenly with SSJ for a while, it had rapidly drained during the course of their fight, so he was no longer a threat to Goku and not worth killing. He then depowers and basically tells him to live with the shame
"deal with it"
. Frieza, being King of the known universe since he was a child, doesn't take this very well.

Pretty much this. Goku concluded that Frieza had lost the fight, and told him to come back and challenge Goku again, after training.

Man. Goku's idiocy in Abridged really isn't all that exaggerated, is it?

Yeah, TFS is pretty spot on with a lot of their character depictions (except when they're comically different). Hell, Goku even gives Frieza energy to leave the planet AFTER he's been sliced by his own Kienzan. It's only when Frieza uses that energy to blast Goku, does Goku finally reach the point of trying to kill Frieza.

He didn't. He pretty much told Freeza he didn't want to see his face anymore just before he took off.
I guess it depends on the version. Last version I saw, was the orange brick subbed, and I'm pretty sure that's how the exchange went, but it was probably different in the dub.

I guess it depends on the version. Last version I saw, was the orange brick subbed, and I'm pretty sure that's how the exchange went, but it was probably different in the dub.

Where he told him he didn't want to see his face was from the original manga. I'll double check on it later, but from what I remember it went something like, "Omee no tsura wa mou mitakuneeze/I don't wanna see your face anymore".

Top Bottom