• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
It's understandable because when it was written and produced, IIRC, they hadn't yet shown in the manga or anime that Super Saiyan was an "unlockable" thing as opposed to something that could only come out when you're angry.

I think the only real reason they did it was because SS was so powerful that the fight (and the movie) would be instantly over once Goku went blond.

This was amazing...
My favorite parts:
Ohhh no... no no no no! No n-no no no! No no no no!! Nooo!!

and

Not going anywhere for a while?
...Grab a snickers.

I laughed pretty hard at this one.
Great job once again, Team Four Star..

i liked the

So who thinks he's dead............well too bad cause i sign your paychecks.

Kokonoe

Banned
Excuse me, does anyone know which game this is?

RwgBU.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I was actually half expecting a joke about Funimation's soundtrack for the English release. It literally had Drowning Pool and Disturbed in it. I actually watched the full movie on YouTube today and I could have sworn the uploader added them in AMV like some sort of 14 year-old dipshit.

Every time I find myself saying "I'm just sayin'," it inevitably turns into me imitating Vegeta, saying "I'm just...Saiyen."

Mahogany

Mahogany

DBZA has forever ruined that word for me.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
"I can't help but feel we're both missing some context".

I fucking lost it at that line.

and mothersbaugh didn't start getting bad until rugrats came back from its hiatus, because it was then that someone said he had to put music everywhere and it just started bleeding all over the background. fucking awful.

Actually, if you recall, the first run episodes for Rugrats had Mark Mothersbough and Denis Hannigan doing the music. Most of the good tracks I'm 99% sure came from Hannigan. He did the music for Catdog which was literally the ONLY good thing about that horrendous excuse of a show.

AniHawk

Actually, if you recall, the first run episodes for Rugrats had Mark Mothersbough and Denis Hannigan doing the music. Most of the good tracks I'm 99% sure came from Hannigan. He did the music for Catdog which was literally the ONLY good thing about that horrendous excuse of a show.

i didn't know that. makes so much more sense.

Excuse me, does anyone know which game this is?

RwgBU.gif

This is an interactive adventure game for the Super Famicom called Super Gokuu Den 2 (The Super Legend of Gokuu). It's NOT one of the card games. It covers the story from the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai up to Freeza's fight with SSJ Gokuu.

Kokonoe

Banned
This is an interactive adventure game for the Super Famicom called Super Gokuu Den 2 (The Super Legend of Gokuu). It's NOT one of the card games. It covers the story from the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai up to Freeza's fight with SSJ Gokuu.

Oh really? Great, just the type of game I was looking for. Thank you.

I still can't believe they actually decided that they should continue Bardock's story like... that.

People who haven't followed DBZ in years, get ready for a total mindfuck.

MechaX

I still can't believe they actually decided that they should continue Bardock's story like... that.

I totally forgot that I have seen this special before.

It still doesn't make sense.

About a year or two ago they released a comic where Bardock got sent back in time by Frieza's Death Ball (what) discovered that the ancient Planet Vegeta/Plant was inhabited by creatures called Plants (what) who invented the healing tank goo (what) and then he fought Frieza's ancestor, the space pirate Chilled (what) and became a Super Saiyan (what) and killed him, but then Chilled before dying told his men to warn his family about a race called "Saiyans" that can turn into "Super Saiyans," meaning that Bardock is responsible for Frieza's fear of Saiyans (what)

Then they made an anime adapation of it

jman2050

About a year or two ago they released a comic where Bardock got sent back in time by Frieza's Death Ball (what) discovered that the ancient Planet Vegeta/Plant was inhabited by creatures called Plants (what) who invented the healing tank goo (what) and then he fought Frieza's ancestor, the space pirate Chilled (what) and became a Super Saiyan (what) and killed him, but then Chilled before dying told his men to warn his family about a race called "Saiyans" that can turn into "Super Saiyans," meaning that Bardock is responsible for Frieza's fear of Saiyans (what)

So I was right on the mark?

at least they finally made a crack at the "brilliant scientist" line

how they managed to avoid doing that in season 1, I'll never know

KevinCow

Banned

Wait... so this wasn't just bullshit that TFS made up?

what

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'm surprised I've never heard of this.

And now I know why. That is fucking awful.

Youtube comment sums it up nicely:

youtube comment said:
What in the fuck did I just watch? No, seriously, outside of the parody, they actually made a special where Bardock
goes Super Saiyan against Freeza Jr. in a singlet, and the Saiyan ancestors are weird grape-people?
God damn it, Toei...

The source material is terrible. The TFS episode itself was passable.

jman2050

what

One thing this series has been good at consistently (and an area where YGO Abridged eventually failed btw) is to ensure that despite whatever craziness is going on that they tell the story more or less as it actually happened.

what

They made up the part about the little Plant dudes being the ancestors to Saiyans (an often-forgotten bit of trivia is that the Saiyans actually came from some unnamed planet before the first Super Saiyan blew it up, then they settled on the planet they would take over and rename Vegeta), but the rest is more or less accurate.

Yeah, Bardock fucking traveled back in time for no reason, never mentioned his special psychic powers again, and turned Super Saiyan to kill Frieza's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandad.

Mesoian

There were a lot of really bad fandom one offs during the DBZ anniversary celebration. The DBZ X Toriko and DBZ X One Piece ones just resulted in everyone eating a lot.

It's funny because if you think about it, between Bardock getting stronger via getting beat up (in Father of Goku) and being responsible for Frieza's family fearing Saiyans (in this piece of garbage), he's almost single-handedly responsible for his entire race getting nearly wiped out.

The "U Mad Bro" line made me laugh a lot harder than it should have.

(Also, I dunno if it belongs here, but since it's by the same people, the Hellsing Abridged special is up now too)

AniHawk

They made up the part about the little Plant dudes being the ancestors to Saiyans (an often-forgotten bit of trivia is that the Saiyans actually came from some unnamed planet before the first Super Saiyan blew it up, then they settled on the planet they would take over and rename Vegeta), but the rest is more or less accurate.

Yeah, Bardock fucking traveled back in time for no reason, never mentioned his special psychic powers again, and turned Super Saiyan to kill Frieza's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandad.

his best friend's a talking pie!

Top Bottom