• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
BEST LINE IN ANY ABRIDGED SERIES EVER

Gohan, once you've had a man inside you, you know when he's coming.

Raxus

It is too bad Yamcha and Krillin are relegated to the background around this saga. They get so many great jokes at their expense.

Also,
TRUNKS one of my favorite characters!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"Honeeeey?"
"Whaaaat?"
"Where's my Saiyan suit?"
"Whaaaaat?"
"WHERE. IS. MY. SAIYAN. SUIT?"
"I, uh, put it away!"
"Where???"
"Whyyyy do you need to know?"
"I need it!"

totowhoa

Banned
oh maaaaaan. I hate that we have to wait a month or more for these episodes. I, and I'm sure many others, would give them money so that we'd get a video every week.

I seriously thought it was halfway over when Trunks showed up. Damn. Oh well, I'll see you all again in four weeks. edit: I can't wait for Vegeta's reaction to SSJ Trunks.

oh maaaaaan. I hate that we have to wait a month or more for these episodes. I, and I'm sure many others, would give them money so that we'd get a video every week.

I seriously thought it was halfway over when Trunks showed up. Damn. Oh well, I'll see you all again in four weeks. edit: I can't wait for Vegeta's reaction to SSJ Trunks.

Making these videos must take a buttload of time dude, and as cool as it would be for them to shut up and take our money it would defeat the purpose of a "non-profit fan based parody".

totowhoa

Banned
Making these videos must take a buttload of time dude, and as cool as it would be for them to shut up and take our money it would defeat the purpose of a "non-profit fan based parody".

I'm well aware and was just wishing aloud (though it slipped my mind that there's no way they could take money for it anyway). I'm just aching for more now that they've come back from their hiatus :p I was honestly surprised we got a new one so soon... With that long break previously it felt like the garlic jr episode was just a week or two ago. I'm going to be in my 30s when they finish this

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I haven't seen the new vid yet, so instead I'd like to comment on some stuff from the prior page.

The Buu power level thing is weird. It was originally assumed that Buu gets stronger with the more people he absorbed, with the most powerful Buu supposedly being Super Buu after absorbing Mystic Gohan + Piccolo + Goten + Trunks (not Gotenks at this point). However, Kaioshin is scared shitless when he sees Kid Buu. Granted, Kaioshin appeared scared shitless the entire time he was introduced, but he explicitly says that Kid Buu is the strongest and most dangerous form of Buu. It's quite possible Kaioshin meant that Kid Buu is more dangerous simply cause he just seems straight up deranged and not so much that his actual power level is higher than the others. Though Kid Buu is clearly stronger than Fat Buu at the very least, as he was easily able to wipe the floor with him, But this brings up the question of why this was the case since he expelled Fat Buu (and everyone else).

As for where Goku stands, that's somewhat difficult to deduce as well. Goku seems to be evenly matched with Fat Buu at SSJ3 level, but he also states that he couldn't properly fight him because SSJ3 power drains easier with him being in the world of the living. He's also roughly even with Kid Buu at SSJ3 level as well, but also uses the same excuse, and says it's even worse because he was fully alive by that point. However, when he was about to battle Super Buu (with Goten + Trunks [unfused] + Piccolo), Goku doesn't seem worried at all and feels that he would easily be able to dispatch him (and Buu at that point seemed to think the same thing, as he was very eager to absorb Gohan).

RE: Android/Cell saga.

The androids truly were one of the most stupid fucking creations in all of DBZ for the reasons someone already mentioned, however Cell as a concept was a pretty good one, and far more reasonable. I'll be honest though, he is probably my least favorite bad guy in the whole series, mainly cause of the way he looked. Something about his pointed head and those stupid grasshopper type wings really bothered me.

Yeah, I know that's a petty reason. Deal with it.

OG Cell was the best looking version. Fuck Toriyama's editors for making him transform. Although I guess thank you Toriyama's editors for making him introduce Cell in the first place, or otherwise we'd have been stuck with Fatso and Old Guy.

More on topic: episode was amazing, Vegeta is still the best, etc.

jaxword

Granted, Kaioshin appeared scared shitless the entire time he was introduced, but he explicitly says that Kid Buu is the strongest and most dangerous form of Buu. It's quite possible Kaioshin meant that Kid Buu is more dangerous simply cause he just seems straight up deranged and not so much that his actual power level is higher than the others. .

That's pretty much it. Kid Buu is just insane and blows HIMSELF up for fun. At least with the other Buus there was some degree of coherency.

SSJ3 Goku is about Equal to Kid Buu.
SSj3 Goku is weaker than Super Buu (and any further absorptions).

Most fans just accept that Kid Buu's unpredictable nature is the reason for his danger.

The REAL reason is that Toriyama needed a credible threat for Goku to fight so he had to be shown to be dangerous somehow.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I just watched TFS Episode of Bardock

LOL @ him going Super Saiyan because of how stupid the plot was.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Really curious how they'll handle the Goku-Trunks conversation. Is Goku going to non-chalantly tell the truth about Vegeta/Bulma at some point before Trunks is born?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Really curious how they'll handle the Goku-Trunks conversation. Is Goku going to non-chalantly tell the truth about Vegeta/Bulma at some point before Trunks is born?

He just plain won't understand what Trunks is talking about and assume a muffin button did it.

Raxus

Seeing how Goku quickly forgets to take his heart medication in the original series I have no doubt he will forget the conversation if it even happens.

Top Bottom