• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Dereck

All I know is that they're going to have to try really, REALLY hard to make Imperfect Cell funny.
People get consistent good material from a certain source and won't take anything less than amazing from that same source. People set expectations too high.

Cromat

I love how they laughed about Vegeta turning from the evil madman who tried to destroy the Earth to a lovable anti-hero in the span of about one week (they were on Namek for a week right?).

Everyone is completely fine with having a genocidal alien maniac hang out with them.

Everyone is completely fine with having a genocidal alien maniac hang out with them.

Considering that the gang consists of a girl who tricked Goku into helping her get Dragon Balls so she could get a boyfriend, an armed robber, a pig who used his shapeshifting powers to kidnap a bunch of teenage girls, a loser who trained with Master Roshi just so he could beat up bullies, a floating midget who cheated at the World Martial Arts Tournament, a three-eyed guy who tried to viciously beat up Goku and idolized a murderer, and a genocidal alien maniac reincarnated who tried to murder Goku, it's not that weird.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Considering that the gang consists of a girl who tricked Goku into helping her get Dragon Balls so she could get a boyfriend, an armed robber, a pig who used his shapeshifting powers to kidnap a bunch of teenage girls, a loser who trained with Master Roshi just so he could beat up bullies, a floating midget who cheated at the World Martial Arts Tournament, a three-eyed guy who tried to viciously beat up Goku and idolized a murderer, and a genocidal alien maniac reincarnated who tried to murder Goku, it's not that weird.

Don't forget the girl who tricks Goku into marrying her by letting him think marriage is a food.

Tizoc

I'M BACK BITCHES

When I entered this thread this was the first line I saw and knew Vegeta was gonna say, but when he said it? It was hilarious, Vegeta's VA can do no wrong.
Vegeta is among the few sane and best characters in this show.
I feel so bad for Future Trunks now, he'll be among madmen.

Trunks is my favorite character in the series. Can't wait to see what Abridged will do with him.

Abridged has completely killed regualr DBZ/Kai whatever for me. Most of the time I watch anything past the Frieza saga, I always find myself wondering "How would this character be handled in Abridged?"

MechaX

Well, it would be something you wouldn't be surprised to see in Bulma's wardrobe.

True, but it seems weird that Bulma would be owning a shirt that could fit pretty well on a short, but still very physically fit alien man.

When you think about it, a lot of the DB characters have done some pretty dickish things in the show.

It's hilarious!

Tien was a massive dick back then. Dude broke Yamcha's leg for literally no reason but to be a dick.

XiaNaphryz

True, but it seems weird that Bulma would be owning a shirt that could fit pretty well on a short, but still very physically fit alien man.

Maybe she wears it by itself as a nightie. Some girls like overly large shirts for that sort of thing.

Oh God, Vegeta's shirt.

I thought "BAD MAN" from the original was ridiculous, but "JUICY" slayed me.

It allways makes me wonder why Vegeta never just beat the crap out of some random guy on the street and took his clothes or made Bulma get him some other ones lol

McNum

It allways makes me wonder why Vegeta never just beat the crap out of some random guy on the street and took his clothes or made Bulma get him some other ones lol
And upset Bulma? I don't think you realize which party is the dominant one in that relationship. It's not the warrior prince, in case you were wondering.

XiaNaphryz

So maybe I missed something from the last episode, but what happened to Garlic Jr?

ZS6JNAg.jpg

I only caught this after the first two season were already done, how long did it normally take them to crank one episode out? It was close to 5-6 weeks btween these two and that's too damn long!

wildfire

Banned
Frieza did far worst.

What Frieza was shown to have done on screen was far tamer than Imperfect Cell. Frieza's atrocities usually involved flashy explosions. With Cell the deaths were either not shown at all (and the chilling after effects with empty ghost towns would chill you to the bone) or explicitly shown (and they usually looked like torture scenes).

Freeza didn't have the creepy factor Imperfect Cell did. Complete Cell otoh...

I have a confession. I never finished the Buu Saga. It was awful. I just couldn't do it. I'm really looking forward to TFS getting there so I can finally see the conclusion

McNum

I think my favorite joke from this episode is the soap gag. If that's what "Vegeta living on Earth" is going to be like, it's going to be awesome juicy.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I only caught this after the first two season were already done, how long did it normally take them to crank one episode out? It was close to 5-6 weeks btween these two and that's too damn long!

This was probably one of the shortest wait periods yet. Its usually 2-3 months of waiting between episodes.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
These episodes cannot come out fast enough.

Tien: Nice shirt...
Vegeta: ...and THERE it is!

This had me laughing so hard. The delivery was perfect.

How have I missed out on these, man. I just finished the first season and they are a complete riot. My younger brother is gonna lose his mind on how hilarious these are.

At this rate I'll be caught up way too soon, must be painstaking work to get it done.

Edit: Yes, I watched the latest episode out of order.

Consider all of the work that goes into the videos.

I do consider it but I didn't know how long it takes them to cut, time and voice it.
At least they seem to try and have some other content out as well. I watched the videos of Vegetta and Nappa playing co-op games and it was pretty funny. I have to say that thier vegetta feels just dead on for the most part. Not always but it's very good.

Crazy, i just watched the last 10 episodes of the second season the last couple of days. It was beyond disappointing. In particular, they seem to think some things are just hilarious that I personally wish were left out altogether. (Namek Elder, the "what did you say? *pow*" joke that shows up 100 times.)

Top Bottom