• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Irnbru

For some reason, the music on the swordplay reminded me of chrono trigger: frog meeting magus on the coast. I CANT BE THE ONLY ONE. Amazing if true. ( animations considered , all that )

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
First time I've seen the Trunks intro to the series (I jumped around a lot in the anime)

Does he really make Frieza look that weak?

And I think he's more or less useless after this part, no?

Dereck

First time I've seen the Trunks intro to the series (I jumped around a lot in the anime)

Trunks is more or less useless after that part? No

Basically Trunks wasn't that much stronger than Goku was on Namek, not to mention Frieza was weaker anyway.

Conor 419

Banned
OH I DON'T KNOW, WHY DON'T YOU GO TO PLANET VEGETA WITH THE REST OF THE SAIYANS?

Hilarity aside, why in god's name would a WOMAN ask this about a man? Why would a woman care?

Try being redheaded, you get it a lot.

Yes, Trunks only exists for exposition after this point. Mainly after the three year intermission that happens inbetween now and when the Androids appear.

Cheerilee

The show tries (for about one episode) so say that Freeza is back, and he's bigger than ever (and he was epic the last time we saw him. And then Trunks tosses him aside like he's nothing. This is supposed to make Trunks seem awesome.

And then Trunks explains how the Androids tossed him aside as if he was nothing. This is supposed to make the Androids seem awesome.

They were just trying to keep the high they got going with Freeza, while changing things up and bringing in someone new. Freeza came back just so he could job to Trunks. And Trunks was made so he could job to the Androids. But Trunks picked up some fans (especially girls) who thought he looked cool, even though he was a jobber, so they kept him around, and eventually gave him a lead role in Dragonball GT.

"Does the Carpet Match the drapes?"

Hilarity aside, why in god's name would a WOMAN ask this about a man? Why would a woman care?
Trunks has purple hair.

"Does the carpet match the drapes" is something you ask when you suspect someone has dyed their hair, and you're willing to ask the question crudely, in a sexually aggressive way. Women are usually the ones coloring their hair, and men are usually crude and sexually aggressive, but neither group holds a monopoly on those factors, and in the case of abridged-Bulma and Trunks, it seems fitting.

bwhahahhahahahahahahahah omg the blue-screen was HILARIOUS !!! :D:D:D

dza_frieza_bluekedi5.gif

jaxword

The show tries (for about one episode) so say that Freeza is back, and he's bigger than ever (and he was epic the last time we saw him. And then Trunks tosses him aside like he's nothing. This is supposed to make Trunks seem awesome.

And then Trunks explains how the Androids tossed him aside as if he was nothing. This is supposed to make the Androids seem awesome.

They were just trying to keep the high they got going with Freeza, while changing things up and bringing in someone new. Freeza came back just so he could job to Trunks. And Trunks was made so he could job to the Androids. But Trunks picked up some fans (especially girls) who thought he looked cool, even though he was a jobber, so they kept him around, and eventually gave him a lead role in Dragonball GT.

Jobbing is Toriyama's entire writing style when it comes to fighting.

Showing the NEXT villain's threat by having them take down the previously strongest person is what fuels Dragonball Z.

Radditz beats Goku and Piccolo...and then it's revealed he's weaker than Vegeta and Nappa.

Nappa takes out everyone...then Goku takes him out. But Vegeta shows he's even stronger, making him a bigger threat!

Goku barely wins against Vegeta...who is then shown to be weaker than the Ginyu squad, making them a bigger threat since he's so scared.

Then they are taken out easily by Goku, showing how strong he's become.

Then he gets incapacitated for a while so the cycle repeats: Vegeta takes on first form Freiza...who is taken out by Piccolo...then taken out by Frieza form 3 again...who is taken out by Gohan...who is taken out easily by max form Frieza...to finally be taken out by Goku.

SpudBud

Gotta love DBZ's wildly inconsistent animation. Trunks almost goes into full derp mode after frieza is sliced to bits. Anyway, hilarious episode. Vegeta continues to be fantastic.

Raxus

Nice little touch. When Freeza see's SSJ Trunks and flashes back to Goku he whispers
Pizza
instead of Freeza.

Top Bottom