• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Village

Hell, by fanmade standards and after the shit that was GT, Absalon is actually pretty fucking cool even if the voices are a bit eh.

Don't get the hate.

I dunno, people give alot of gt shit, ( which a vast majority of it, it deserves), but after two saga's of not good, the last one was actually good, the whole dragon thing seems like something that should have happened in Z. Along with that we got the most reasonable ( and IMO the best) version of a super saiyan out of it. They are super monkey people, SS4 looks like a super monkey.

Stuart444

Fantastic episode, the Lion King bit is where I burst out laughing...

I also just laughed at the "Hahahaha we're going to fucking die" at the start.

Can't wait to see more Trunks, especially later on with him and Vegeta

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
According to KaiserNeko, they are working on History of Trunks, so that will be the next movie/special episode. We won't get Return of Cooler until after Vegeta goes Super Saiyan.

Yeah, I saw it's a brand of... something... in the episode. Just wondering if it's anything real or just made up.

It's made up.

The joke is that most other drinks in DBZ have "SODA" or "BEER" or "SPORTS DRINK" on them, while these have "HETAP," which begs the question what the hell is hetap.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The term used in japanese was "artificial human", but yes.

Yeah, IIRC, the only "true" android, as in, completely made from parts, is 16. I think that's why he was a prototype...or something.

That whole android saga thing is dumb. How the hell does some dumbass scientist on Earth create things that are more powerful than what the best scientists of a spacefaring galactic federation can make?

That's just fucking stupid.

jaxword

Yeah, IIRC, the only "true" android, as in, completely made from parts, is 16. I think that's why he was a prototype...or something.

That whole android saga thing is dumb. How the hell does some dumbass scientist on Earth create things that are more powerful than what the best scientists of a spacefaring galactic federation can make?

Gero is specifically said to be a super-genius with robotics, greater than the Briefs family.

Why can you accept Bulma creating devices that Frieza's army couldn't? The Dragon radar, the time machine...both of them had tech the other ones did not.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Gero is specifically said to be a super-genius with robotics, greater than the Briefs family.

Why can you accept Bulma creating devices that Frieza's army couldn't? The Dragon radar, the time machine...both of them had tech the other ones did not.

I didn't say that the other stuff doesn't make any less sense. They're all plot devices, in the end.

It's just that the android thing is much more jarring considering how strong and powerful the trade federation was explained to be.

The dragon radar is a little more in line with the context of the rest of the universe since Freezer didn't even know what the dragonballs were, so they can't really invent tech to locate items that they don't even know exist.

There's nothing to suggest that they couldn't make a time machine, either, but it's assumed that they didn't have one since they never talk about one. It's just another stupid plot device. My point is, though, that as stupid plot devices go, the Android origin is pretty stupid relative to the other stuff.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The moment Trunks blows up the ship.

Thanks. Dunno how I missed that.

Wasn't 19 also fully robotic?

jaxword

I didn't say that the other stuff doesn't make any less sense. They're all plot devices, in the end.

It's just that the android thing is much more jarring considering how strong and powerful the trade federation was explained to be.

The dragon radar is a little more in line with the context of the rest of the universe since Freezer didn't even know what the dragonballs were, so they can't really invent tech to locate items that they don't even know exist.

There's nothing to suggest that they couldn't make a time machine, either, but it's assumed that they didn't have one since they never talk about one. It's just another stupid plot device. My point is, though, that as stupid plot devices go, the Android origin is pretty stupid relative to the other stuff.

Bulma literally able to bend space and time, something almost no one else in the entire universe can do, is more ridiculous than anything in the series.

And really, it's no more ridiculous than, say, Iron Man being able to invent alien-repelling tech from Earth tech. Is it really so hard to accept some humans are just really smart?

Wasn't 19 also fully robotic?

Yeah, and so were 13-14-15. Yes, they were only seen in the movie but were referenced in the manga.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Dude, DBZ is pretty fucking stupid in general. Like, everything.

Cheerilee

Bulma literally able to bend space and time, something almost no one else in the entire universe can do, is more ridiculous than anything in the series.

And really, it's no more ridiculous than, say Iron Man being able to invent alien-repelling tech from Earth tech. Is it really so hard to accept some humans are just really smart?
Dr Briefs invented the tech to miniaturize things into capsules, and made Capsule Corp.

Bulma invented the Dragon Radar, functionally not very different from Freeza's Scouters (they both just locate and measure unique energy). Bulma was able to reverse-engineer a scouter.

Dr Gero was able to make Android 8, a Frankenstein monster that was much stronger than a basic human (not counting Krillin or Yamcha's eventual power levels).

Neither Dr Briefs or Bulma was able to comprehend faster-than-light travel (they had to borrow Kame's ship to get to Namek) until Dr Briefs was able to reverse-engineer one of Freeza's space-pods.

Bulma eventually makes a time machine.

But we're expected to believe that because Goku beat the likes of General Blue in a fight and foiled the Red Ribbon Army, Dr Gero shut himself up in a lab for 20 years and created godlike robots (made of metal and wires) that could destroy Super Saiyans, to say nothing of an entire technologically advanced space federation formed around the most powerful being ever known to have existed (not counting the legendary Super Saiyan)?

And he didn't stop there. Then he made enhanced humanoids who were even stronger than his robots. How much stronger? Oh, it doesn't really matter. In one timeline, he observed Goku, so he made them stronger than that. And in another timeline, he observed an even stronger Goku, so he just set them to be stronger than the stronger Goku. No big deal. Power levels are bullshit.

Oh, and then he's still not done. Why bother creating the most powerful creatures the universe has ever known, when you can just build a computer to build the next one, using the DNA of Goku+Piccolo+Freeza. And this computer-built android can absorb anything to increase it's power, and can regenerate any part of itself so long as one cell survives.

Dr Gero was a new level of cheap.

jaxword

Again, people seem to want to underestimate humans. Is it REALLY so hard to believe that a driven man for 20 years could surpass others? Isn't that the entire point of Dragonball, that with enough drive and focus you can do anything?

Goku is able to surpass Freeza with heavy training for a few months. What could HE achieve in 20 years?

ZealousD

Seriously guys, why are you thinking about DBZ, at all?

I mean there's about a gajillion things that are impossible in this series.

Like, where the fuck does all the energy come from for one of these people to blow up a whole fucking planet. I mean you're literally talking about the energy output needed that would make the entire world's nuclear arsenal look black cats.

Seda

Seriously guys, why are you thinking about DBZ, at all?

I mean there's about a gajillion things that are impossible in this series.

Like, where the fuck does all the energy come from for one of these people to blow up a whole fucking planet. I mean you're literally talking about the energy output needed that would make the entire world's nuclear arsenal look black cats.

Seriously.

Khezu

Even as a kid I could never swallow 18 and 19 being as strong as Super Sayians, it always bugged me. It just felt like a weird step back compared to the crazy shit that was Frieza.

Cell made up for it though, for being creepy as fuck.

ZealousD

More evidence that power levels are bullshit. Recall for a moment that Piccilo BLEW UP THE MOON. He did this with a power level of about 1,400. The farmer that found Raditz had a power level 5, so that's about the power level of an average human.

So to blow up a friggin moon, all you need is the power of about 280 normal people.

What.

This is why you approach DBZ from your heart, not your head.

More evidence that power levels are bullshit. Recall for a moment that Piccilo BLEW UP THE MOON. He did this with a power level of about 1,400. The farmer that found Raditz had a power level 5, so that's about the power level of an average human.

So to blow up a friggin moon, all you need is the power of about 280 normal people.

What.

This is why you approach DBZ from your heart, not your head.

maybe it scales in a non-linear fashion

AniHawk

ah, but your power level rises when performing a super attack. so it was probably more like 560 people, a number i can readily believe.

Dereck

Again, people seem to want to underestimate humans. Is it REALLY so hard to believe that a driven man for 20 years could surpass others? Isn't that the entire point of Dragonball, that with enough drive and focus you can do anything?

Goku is able to surpass Freeza with heavy training for a few months. What could HE achieve in 20 years?
Goku is also a Saiyan, a few months training for him is like 3 years training for a human.

Top Bottom