• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Zubz

Banned
In the long tradition of having my mind blown after the fact.

I have learned that "Tatooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills" is not a fake show.

Fantastic; this is just like when I found out the name "Whiskers the Wonder Cat" came from an official dub!

I really like how this has become an actual abridged version of DBZ, and not just DBZ with a few jokes and cringe-worthy memes that date each episode like a timeline, like... well, any other Abridged series that isn't TFS' Hellsing. And yes, I'm including the AoT one. The one-liners are perfect, the characters are more interesting, the dialogue itself is interesting... I honestly think this is the best version of DBZ, even including all legitimate releases. I thought 16 was cool as a kid, but he was incredible during his fight with Cell.
The other incarnations of Cell still freaked me out as a kid, but Imperfect messed me up the most; I'm going to miss him.

I know that they're planning on finishing the Cell Saga(And I'm willing to bet the Buu arc, too), and I think they know what they want to do with Hellsing over the remaining 5 years, assuming they stick to the current schedule, but I hope TFS can move onto bigger and better things soon.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Random question: in some episode someone asked someone a multiple part question, to which the other person replied "Yes" and got blasted for it or something.

Does anyone remember what it was or which episode? I think it may have involved Vegeta.

EDIT: Something like
"Are you a plant? Do you something something? Or is it something something"
"Yes"
"Blargh"

Zubz

Banned
Holy shit. They're already over 7k.

Wait, really? That's fantastic! I'm really hoping they get that remaining $2,500; I'd love to see what they can do on their own. Abridged series are fun and all, and their DBZ one's hands-down my favorite because of how unique it is (It genuinely feels like DBZ with a better script at this point). I'd love to see what they can do with a studio and their own characters!

Also, hey LoC!

Neoxon

It'd be both hilarious & awesome if their studio ended up doing high-quality dubs rivaling the likes of Funimation (even though they kinda already are with DBZA & Hellsing Ultimate Abridged) along with their original projects.

Neoxon

And they passed their 10000, studio goal
So the Team Four Star Production Studio has finally become a reality! So do you guys think that they'll just do their own stuff there, or will they get the occasional dub work for certain animes on top of their own projects?

Voice actor for Android 17 is really good.

The writing actually made me care about him lol
He also did Jan Valentine on Hellsing Ultimate Abridged. From the beginning I was hoping that he'd voice 17, I'm glad I got my wish.

Zubz

Banned
Voice actor for Android 17 is really good.

The writing actually made me care about him lol

Ditto; it just hit me that he
only cameos as a park ranger after this episode, near the end of the Buu Saga
, and I heard that TFS planned on finishing everything after the Cell Saga. Seeing how they have the money to do the FFVII Abridged/original series (I liked the Patreon video, so I'm really excited for these), I'm no longer thinking they'll do the Buu Saga.
And 16 doesn't have much longer, IIRC
. At least we'll see Mr. Satan regardless!

Either way, it's kind of amusing seeing how much the Patreon tapered off after they met their goal; they got that huge rush up until $10,000 was hit, but then it all came to a halt.

orochi91

Rewatching that Patreon video, and I'm kind of shocked.

DBZ Abridged episodes won't be completed any faster than they currently are?

They only have a single editor?

Their DBZ:A output hangs on the shoulders of a single editor?

Either way, it's kind of amusing seeing how much the Patreon tapered off after they met their goal; they got that huge rush up until $10,000 was hit, but then it all came to a halt.

Closing in on $11k now!

Rewatching that Patreon video, and I'm kind of shocked.

DBZ Abridged episodes won't be completed any faster than they currently are?

They only have a single editor?

Their DBZ:A output hangs on the shoulders of a single editor?

Closing in on $11k now!

It's always been just Kaiser's job hasn't it? Maybe splitting the workload would be hard to get used to.

Yeah, I always thought it was strange, given how the show could be delayed, that there isn't a second editor to ease the workflow. Maybe they just want to keep a consistent style of editing?

In any case, I cannot wait for Krillin's reaction when he finally remembers to use the Kienzo Disc on Cell only for it to do absolutely nothing.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
In any case, I cannot wait for Krillin's reaction when he finally remembers to use the Kienzo Disc on Cell only for it to do absolutely nothing.

The scene where he hesitates about killing Android 18 is going to be pretty good too.

"I need to save everyone! I have to kill her! But... her boobs are amazing..."

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Already 83%?

That's amazing, last one was only a week ago.

They probably had a backlog of finished scripts and recording sessions since History of Trunks took Kaiser so long to edit. So Kaiser finished one episode and was immediately able to start editing for the next.

Zubz

Banned
They said that they had the Cell script drafted when they were still releasing the Frieza episodes; between that and how long History of Trunks took to edit, I'm sure they have everything but the editing done for the next few episodes.

Turin

Banned
I'd rather they finished all of the movie's before the Buu saga.

Inevitably these guys will probably move onto bigger things.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'd rather they finished all of the movie's before the Buu saga.

Inevitably these guys will probably move onto bigger things.

I imagine they'll do the movies at the same as they do the Buu Saga. At least the ones that happen around that time.
They still plan to remake World's Strongest, and I imagine plans for Android 13, Broly 1, and Bojack will be made as they progress through Cell.
With the Buu Saga there's Broly 2, Bio-Broly, Fusion Reborn, and Wrath of the Dragon.

After they finish the series, they'll likely do Battle of Gods and Resurrection F.

Zubz

Banned
I imagine they'll do the movies at the same as they do the Buu Saga. At least the ones that happen around that time.
They still plan to remake World's Strongest, and I imagine plans for Android 13, Broly 1, and Bojack will be made as they progress through Cell.
With the Buu Saga there's Broly 2, Bio-Broly, Fusion Reborn, and Wrath of the Dragon.

After they finish the series, they'll likely do Battle of Gods and Resurrection F.

Didn't they already dub Vegeta's Bingo song, anyway? I have no doubt they'll go for BotG, copyright willing.

It's weird to sit down and realize that I've been watching this series for around 5 years.
And we would be only like just past the halfway mark now, soo much more to go. Its like Chrontendo, that series has been going for just as long if not longer, not even out of the 80's for NES games yet :p

Top Bottom