• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

considering the bar for the next episode is already at 25%, I'd say our assumption that they had the scripts ready while History of Trunks was being edited was correct

Turin

Banned
I love Android 16. lol

"16, are you okay?!"

"My cranial structure has received serious damage. How are you?"

Choatzu was my favorite this episode though. XD

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, a new episode so soon? Thought this was way funnier than the last one.

"Fuck power levels!"

"Wow, really Goku?"

And easily my favorite line in this episode:

"Oh my god, it's Tien. What, was Krillin busy?"

Oblivion

This episode also reminds me how Goku's teleportation technique (No, I'm not gonna call it that other name, cause it's stupid) is the most underutilized ability in the series.

Cromat

This episode also reminds me how Goku's teleportation technique (No, I'm not gonna call it that other name, cause it's stupid) is the most underutilized ability in the series.

Second only to the Dragon Ball themselves of course. They could have used those to easily solve pretty much any problem they encountered in the series.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I know, but it's supposed to be abridged. (Not like this hasn't happened before or anything.)

When you abridge stretches where nothing happens, you often still get something where nothing happens. The only other alternative is to do something like Garlic Jr where they just skip it entirely.

BY2K

Membero Americo
**** POWER LEVELS
**** SUPER SAIYANS
AND **** YOU

That was probably Tien's best scene in the entire show.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The Dragon can't kill someone more powerful than him (so King Piccolo on up).

Yeah that's explained during the Saiyan saga. They try killing Vegeta and Nappa that way before wishing Goku back and the dragon is like "lol nope".

Yeah that's explained during the Saiyan saga. They try killing Vegeta and Nappa that way before wishing Goku back and the dragon is like "lol nope".

I like how in abridged, they point out that they could they had the dragon screw their ships or steer them into the sun.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I like how Abridged actually fixed a plot hole. Given Goku can teleport, I always wondered why he didn't teleport in, grab Android 17, teleport out; whole situation solved. In Abridged they just explain this by Goku being Goku.

I like how Abridged actually fixed a plot hole. Given Goku can teleport, I always wondered why he didn't teleport in, grab Android 17, teleport out; whole situation solved. In Abridged they just explain this by Goku being Goku.

I think the possible logic was that 17 wanted to fight (maybe kill since they still followed gero's programming in a way) him and he (Goku) was far too weak to do that if the need arised, plus the only hope was still in the time chamber.

At least that's my attempt of some logic other from Toriyama don't give a fuck :p

Cheerilee

"Please teleport Frieza/The Saiyans/Dr Gero to the hottest star in the universe"

Goku refused to be teleported home by the dragon after Namek.

Although that was while he was learning how to teleport, so maybe the first step in teleporting is learning how not to teleport (safety first), so he overpowered the dragon's teleport attempt. We've seen Goku teleport people a bunch of times (like in this episode), but maybe teleporters can't be teleported by someone else unless they allow it, or are brute-forced by a stronger teleporter.

zeemumu

"Please teleport Frieza/The Saiyans/Dr Gero to the hottest star in the universe"

I always assumed Shenron asked Goku and he told him no.

Goku can teleport people without their permission but he'd have to go with them, and I think Saiyan's are only able to survive in outer orbit

Goku refused to be teleported home by the dragon after Namek.

Although that was while he was learning how to teleport, so maybe the first step in teleporting is learning how not to teleport (safety first), so he overpowered the dragon's teleport attempt. We've seen Goku teleport people a bunch of times (like in this episode), but maybe teleporters can't be teleported by someone else unless they allow it, or are brute-forced by a stronger teleporter.

I don't think the allowing part works due to Goku teleporting bomb Cell while he tried to off the planet.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I always assumed Shenron asked Goku and he told him no.

Goku can teleport people without their permission but he'd have to go with them, and I think Saiyan's are only able to survive in outer orbit

I believe with Instant Transmission that you can only teleport to a person that you can picture in your head. You can't just teleport anywhere.

Oblivion

I don't think the allowing part works due to Goku teleporting bomb Cell while he tried to off the planet.

Speaking of which, I never understood why Goku didn't teleport King Kai, Gregory, and Bubbles after he got to their planet. He clearly had enough time to say some stupid shit and see everyone's reactions.

Speaking of which, I never understood why Goku didn't teleport King Kai, Gregory, and Bubbles after he got to their planet. He clearly had enough time to say some stupid shit and see everyone's reactions.

are they really alive though given its supposedly the afterlife or some type of purgatory?. Could a live person teleport a dead one and vice versa?

Dragonball Z was fucking weird.

they add a ton of time to that scene in the anime, it's more obvious that he literally teleports over there with just a couple seconds to spare in the manga

(that and he kinda wanted to die at that point since he thought he was the reason why Earth kept getting these existential threats)

zeemumu

I believe with Instant Transmission that you can only teleport to a person that you can picture in your head. You can't just teleport anywhere.

I don't think it's person specific. They evacuate the whole planet using instant transmission at the end of GT don't they?

Top Bottom