• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
GT...that's all.

Yeah, GT isn't canon.

I just rewatched DBZ and I specifically remember Goku mentioning that you have to have a person in mind when you use it. You'll notice he always uses it to teleport to somebody he knows.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
After Battle of Gods introduced a multiverse, I wouldn't be surprised if GT was relegated to "AU story"

Zubz

Banned
This episode does a good job of reminding you how much of a badass Tien in! Too bad it's all downhill from here for him. Based on that video Zealous D posted, I'm guessing they decided to replace the "something in the mouth" voice for Semi-Perfect Cell with this "fixated with the letter B" voice we got. I kinda like that better, to be honest. I'm a fan of the voice they have planned for Perfect Cell, but
it's literally Taka's Alucard, with a possible Cajun accent, based on how he pronounced "Perfect Cell."

Also, I love how off-model Mr. Popo was in most shots. I know that everything about that was on Toei, and not TFS, but wow, his proportions were weird.

ZealousD

I'm a fan of the voice they have planned for Perfect Cell, but
it's literally Taka's Alucard, with a possible Cajun accent, based on how he pronounced "Perfect Cell."

I mean, I can't really think of how Takahata could change his Perfect Cell voice and have it not sound like Alucard. Because it also sounds incredibly close to Dameon Clarke's Perfect Cell.

Zubz

Banned
I mean, I can't really think of how Takahata could change his Perfect Cell voice and have it not sound like Alucard. Because it also sounds incredibly close to Dameon Clarke's Perfect Cell.

I know; I wasn't trying to sound like I didn't like it. I just was acknowledging that the voices are basically the same.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
We won't be seeing Alucard until 2017 anyway so it's plenty of time for Cell to take over.

Zubz

Banned
We won't be seeing Alucard until 2017 anyway so it's plenty of time for Cell to take over.

This is why I was hoping we'd get 1 or 2 extra Hellsings this year or next. I know we won't, though...

Rest in peace for these next 2 years, my sweet, vampiric angel. I'm sure it's boring on that boat.

I like how Abridged actually fixed a plot hole. Given Goku can teleport, I always wondered why he didn't teleport in, grab Android 17, teleport out; whole situation solved. In Abridged they just explain this by Goku being Goku.

Android 17 was looking to find and kill Goku only just before Cell showed up.
And Goku at that point would be way weaker.
Seems a dangerous move to do that for Goku at the time.

This episode did Tien's grand moment justice in such a way we were all thinking.

Goku is suddenly getting snarky and even acting a bit dangerous.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Android 17 was looking to find and kill Goku only just before Cell showed up.
And Goku at that point would be way weaker.
Seems a dangerous move to do that for Goku at the time.

But it's *instant* teleportation. Just teleport in, grab Android 17, teleport to the North Pole, teleport out. Could be done, well, *instantly*.

But it's *instant* teleportation. Just teleport in, grab Android 17, teleport to the North Pole, teleport out. Could be done, well, *instantly*.

Toriyama forgets about characters and abilities after they haven't been mentioned/seen/used for four chapters. Really the biggest miracle is that Yamcha somehow didn't get completely forgotten.

Goku needs to teleport to a person by locating their ki and imagining them.

Not too many people around that would've been willing to babysit a confused and or angry android, especially when Cell might immediately try sensing Goku's ki to see where he is and fly in that direction.

Cromat

The Dragon can't kill someone more powerful than him (so King Piccolo on up).

Yeah but they could have used it to destroy Dr. Gero's lab, to fling Buu's egg to the edge of the universe, and even to just give Goku immortality and be done with it. They were making things way too hard on themselves.

ZealousD

Yeah but they could have used it to destroy Dr. Gero's lab, to fling Buu's egg to the edge of the universe, and even to just give Goku immortality and be done with it. They were making things way too hard on themselves.

Dr. Gero's lab was actually addressed. Bulma suggested it. All the fighters just said "no, because reasons."

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Goku needs to teleport to a person by locating their ki and imagining them.

Not too many people around that would've been willing to babysit a confused and or angry android, especially when Cell might immediately try sensing Goku's ki to see where he is and fly in that direction.

This is because Goku is inefficient. Just teleport to someone he doesn't like very much and happens to be a loner. If they get killed, best case scenario revive them with the Dragon Balls, worst case scenario one person dies instead of Cell getting extra powers given his already huge death count. :p

Zubz

Banned
Are we ever going to get a SS Napa, it's like one of my most wanted things in life.

In this series? No; even if he cameos again, he's retired from fighting. In the main series? That's up to Super resurrecting Nappa to do more than grunt and die again.
I hope his mustache reaches Bobobo-levels of craziness.

Dr. Gero's lab was actually addressed. Bulma suggested it. All the fighters just said "no, because reasons."

I love that "Because we want to fight someone tough" was actually the canon reason for them training to fight an apocalyptic force instead of trying to prevent it. Seriously, it's like what someone said about Cell projecting 17 in this episode: if something seems so convoluted that it looks like a joke in this series, it's probably canon.

Actually Goku gave his reason ("Gero hasn't done anything bad yet") but it was just flimsy due to him hardly ever looking beyond what is in front of him (him not being wished back was actually one of those moment showing the opposite)

This is because Goku is inefficient. Just teleport to someone he doesn't like very much and happens to be a loner. If they get killed, best case scenario revive them with the Dragon Balls, worst case scenario one person dies instead of Cell getting extra powers given his already huge death count. :p

You are talking Goku here such sacrifices are never part of his mo.

Its usually the enemy doing the damage that they get to undo later

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Vegeta and Goku wanted to fight the androids.

Edit ^ Goku saying Gero hadn't done anything bad yet was only in the original funi dub I think. He wanted to fight the androids after hearing about them just as badly as vegeta

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Seriously, am I the only one that loved the "What, was Krilling busy?" line? It's not getting nearly enough love.

Tizoc

"I'm stronger than you!"
"Neat! =D"
"FUCK YOU!"

I love these interactions.

Also Tien was at the peak of his badassery in this ep., it's a shame Toriyama ain't never going to give more times to shine like that :/

Zubz

Banned
"I'm stronger than you!"
"Neat! =D"
"FUCK YOU!"

I love these interactions.

Also Tien was at the peak of his badassery in this ep., it's a shame Toriyama ain't never going to give more times to shine like that :/

Maybe in Super. You'll see.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Vegeta and Goku wanted to fight the androids.

Edit ^ Goku saying Gero hadn't done anything bad yet was only in the original funi dub I think. He wanted to fight the androids after hearing about them just as badly as vegeta
The original Funi line also doesn't make sense considering that kid Goku had no problem slaughtering the original Red Ribbon Army lol.
"Do you know what this means?!"

"Divorce lawyers are going to have a field day?"

Lmao

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
According to Wikipedia, it's Todd Haberkorn.
It's likely the TFS member will just be a cameo.

My guess is that
It's either the goon frieza shoots with a finger laser or the goon he blows up on his way to training.

Cromat

Interesting to know how much the Abridged show has contributed to the popularity of the actual franchise, which lead to the cast landing all these cameos in the movies and games. Most episodes on YouTube have several million views.

Top Bottom