• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Then there's the remaining movies. And Super.

They have a long time to go before they run out of material.

Yeah, they can easily do the Android 13 movie now if they wanted to since it'll fit right in where they are in the timeline. They can also do the Broly movie pretty soon as well, and then Bojack once Cell Games wrap up.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yeah, they can easily do the Android 13 movie now if they wanted to since it'll fit right in where they are in the timeline. They can also do the Broly movie pretty soon as well, and then Bojack once Cell Games wrap up.

SHUT UP BOJACK!

Neoxon

They've actually been setting up Bojack for a while back in Season 1.

Neoxon

Death Battle Spoilers

We're likely gonna find out who's gonna voice Hercule in DBZA in the next Death Battle.

Conan-san

Death Battle Spoilers

We're likely gonna find out who's gonna voice Hercule in DBZA in the next Death Battle.

I'm sort of confused on that choice for DB, I mean One Minute Melee makes sense but this is the big leagues, this is VGCW, not EDBW.

NateDrake

So...

FFVIIMA Ep 1

and

FFVIIMA Ep 2

are up on the TFS website. just about to watch the second one but I found the first one kinda funny. Especially near the end, explains why no matter what, the place always explodes at the end even if there is LOTS of time left on the timer lol.

Hopefully the content improves because these aren't too great.....

It almost reminds me of bad LEGO humor.

Wiseblade

The Cell Saga hasn't even really been abridged since the Android 19 fight when compared to DBZ Kai.
None of DBZA looks that cut down compared to Kai.

10-12 episodes to Kai's 17 for the Saiyan Saga isn't. Really that much. 20-22 to 35 for all of Namek is better, less impressive considering the increase in episode length. but it's not like things have dramatically slowed down.

XiaNaphryz

None of DBZA looks that cut down compared to Kai.

10-12 episodes to Kai's 17 for the Saiyan Saga isn't. Really that much. 20-22 to 35 for all of Namek is better, less impressive considering the increase in episode length. but it's not like things have dramatically slowed down.

Most episodes are still just in the 10-11 min range though, with only a few that go in the 12-13+ min range. Season 1 average was almost 8 and a half minutes, though the last episode was around 25 min when you consider they split it into 3 parts. I don't think the episode length increase is really that big a deal, and when full Kai episodes are over 20 min long without the OP/ED I don't see how comparing number of episodes is really applicable, especially for the first saga when it's ~ 8.5 min an ep compared to 20+ with Kai.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah you guys have to compare run-time, not # of episodes. DBZA usually covers two uncut episodes in about 10 minutes, making it about a quarter of the runtime of the original show. Kai may cut out a lot but it doesn't cut that much.

I love these episodes that are just Vegeta trash-talking the entire time. I mean you know how it's going to end eventually but it's still really satisfying,

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
That was some great writing, great episode? Too bad it was so short :(

Does anyone have a .gif of Cell talking out his ass? Feel like it'd be appropriate for the cboat thread going on over in gaming right now...

Veelk

Banned
You know, I always wondered how they were going to handle the scene of Goku taking a bath with Gohan. I know it's a cultural thing in Japan, but I wondered if they were going to make fun of it from an american standpoint.

KingBroly

Banned
This implies that the inevitable backfire isn't equally fun.

I'll give Toriyama some credit. Vegeta is an insufferable arrogant prick, but he gets his comeuppance more often than not.

He never gets the glory, either. He should, at least once.

I have to imagine that all of Cell is wrapped up by Episode 60, since...
10 for Saiyan
20 for Frieza
30 for Cell

Perfect Cell SHOULD be at the end of the next episode, at least IMO. Then an episode of Vegeta's ass getting kicked, then an episode of the same to Trunks, the Cell Games announcement, then...yeah, I dunno. Maybe 55.

Neoxon

He never gets the glory, either. He should, at least once.

I have to imagine that all of Cell is wrapped up by Episode 60, since...
10 for Saiyan
20 for Frieza
30 for Cell

Perfect Cell SHOULD be at the end of the next episode, at least IMO. Then an episode of Vegeta's ass getting kicked, then an episode of the same to Trunks, the Cell Games announcement, then...yeah, I dunno. Maybe 55.
So I guess we'll get 40 episodes for Buu. I get that they never confirmed that they're gonna go through the Buu Saga. But seeing as they'll most likely be doing Hellsing Ultimate Abridged until 2019 on top of FFVII Machinabridged, it may be one of those "why not" situations.

KingBroly

Banned
So I guess we'll get 40 episodes for Buu. I get that they never confirmed that they're gonna go through the Buu Saga. But seeing as they'll most likely be doing Hellsing Ultimate Abridged until 2019 on top of FFVII Machinabridged, it may be one of those "why not" situations.

They could do Buu in 20. There is SO much stalling in the Buu Saga. There's like 40+ episodes after Vegeta "dies" in the anime.

XiaNaphryz

I hope they at least do the start of the Buu saga and the high school Gohan stuff.

If they want to end it early, they can just stop at the Vegeta/Gohan/Goku conversation and have them go "ain't noone worth fighting at the World Tournament, let's skip it."

FZZ

Banned
The only real question is if they're gonna ever do GT?

They could just go apeshit with it, even though it probably wouldn't happen until 2019 or later.

Neoxon

The only real question is if they're gonna ever do GT?

They could just go apeshit with it, even though it probably wouldn't happen until 2019 or later.
Given that KaiserNeko isn't the biggest fan of GT, I doubt that they'll do Dragon Ball GT Abridged.

They could do Buu in 20. There is SO much stalling in the Buu Saga. There's like 40+ episodes after Vegeta "dies" in the anime.
That depends on how quickly they go through the high school episodes & the more significant scenes.

I hope they at least do the start of the Buu saga and the high school Gohan stuff.

If they want to end it early, they can just stop at the Vegeta/Gohan/Goku conversation and have them go "ain't noone worth fighting at the World Tournament, let's skip it."
If they do the Buu Saga, they'll most likely finish the whole thing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Given that KaiserNeko isn't the biggest fan of GT, I doubt that they'll do Dragon Ball GT Abridged.

None of the main writers really like GT.
The Xenoverse LP had them really express their dislike of it.

They're also not fans of Broly (I agree, he is garbage).

Neoxon

None of the main writers really like GT.
The Xenoverse LP had them really express their dislike of it.

They're also not fans of Broly (I agree, he is garbage).
I mainly said KN because he's the main guy behind DBZA. But yeah, the core group hates GT. Though I hope they at least try their hand at Broly, but not before they do World's Strongest.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I mainly said KN because he's the main guy behind DBZA. But yeah, the core group hates GT. Though I hope they at least try their hand at Broly, but not before they do World's Strongest.

I imagine they're still going to do Broly. They did Return of Cooler and KN made it very clear in his Episode Breakdown he HATED that movie.

Top Bottom