• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VideoGamer] Xbox fans lose faith in Microsoft as exclusives jump to PlayStation

xbox-fans-lose-hope.jpg

Microsoft’s Xbox fanbase is failing to keep hold of its loyalty to the gaming brand following more exclusives making their way to PS5. Following the announcement of Indiana Jones and The Great Circle on PS5 as well as Microsoft’s pressure to make more multiplatform games, fans are finding little reason to stay in the Xbox ecosystem.

Xbox fans have little faith​

While Xbox has been praised for its pro-consumer move of making games like Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves on PlayStation, fans are upset at new exclusives also making their way to Sony’s machine. With Game Pass prices increasing and exclusive offerings dwindling, as well as the fact that PlayStation exclusives aren’t coming to Xbox, fans are thinking about leaving the platform behind.

In a Reddit thread about the state of Xbox exclusives, fans expressed their disappointment at the lack of reasons to own Microsoft’s machine.

“Say whatever you want in favor of Xbox, but the reality is that PlayStation isn’t putting its first-party line-up on Xbox,” one fan said. “They’re also announcing all of this right after jacking Game Pass up in price… again. I think the Xbox brand is about to fall off the map here in the next few years. Sucks because I’ve been such a huge fan and supporter since the 360.”

“I bought a PS5 because I really really wanted to play FF7 Rebirth, FF16, Stellar Blade, Spider-Man 2, the HoyoVerse games, etc.,”
another fan explained. “If all of those were on Xbox I would not have bought the PS5. The exclusives got me to buy the console. End of story. If every Xbox game is going to PlayStation eventually then I don’t need my Xbox any more. My problem is I’ve been an Xbox fan since the beginning and I want to be a fan but they are making it really hard.”

While PlayStation is porting some of its biggest exclusives to PC—such as The Last of Us and God of War: Ragnarök, those exclusives aren’t coming to Xbox. It’s a fact that PS5 is now receiving more AAA games than Xbox, and fans aren’t happy about it.

What exclusives are off the table?​

With Indiana Jones and The Great Circle now coming to PlayStation, fans are confused as to what games are exclusive and what games aren’t. For example, Bethesda’s Starfield is still exclusive to Xbox consoles, as well as Halo: Infinite, but will games like Avowed remain Xbox-only or will they come to PS5?

The Xbox community’s lack of faith in the console brand isn’t just due to exclusives becoming multiplatform, but because there’s no communication as to what games are actually exclusive. For example, is Fable—an Xbox-only brand—coming to PS5? Is Perfect Dark a true exclusive? Is Marvel’s Blade Xbox’s answer to Spider-Man or is it actually a multiplatform game?

With Xbox being the only real direct competitor to PlayStation in the console market, it’s important for the console platform to survive. However, if no one is buying into the Xbox platform due to the lack of security in their purchase, will Xbox be able to survive in a hardware sense.

I Feel You Yes GIF by Peloton

Yet , you all in the media kiss the leaders ass and placated him in scripted interviews. Barely ever questioned the man with any sincerity or objectivity. looked after yourselves by being sheep.

I feel similar to those fans in terms of being a fan from the start , it’s far too fucking late now tho isn’t it. Should have called their bullshit out years ago. Instead the likes of Crackdown 3 was excused because according to them “it’s free”.

Say what you want about the PlayStation fans, from experience there is no way most of them would have tolerated that guys nonsense and record with games/output, no chance.

Last edited:
As nice of a value Game Pass is, having a system get both "exclusives" alone becomes the better deal and the ultimate console experience. Less people buying the consoles, sales plummet even further, and now you reach a threshold where third party support erodes even further. All this, as mentioned, after a price hike of their revamped GP subscription.

I really want Xbox to succeed as a strong player in the gaming market, so it just sucks to see them stumble this hard when by all accounts they should have been on the cusp to closing the gap from behind. A strong system, great controller, nice sub system, games finally announced ready - all gone from a shift towards being a publisher. I can only imagine the sleepless nights some people are going to have from all the "what ifs".

BigLee74

Now, why would you be upset just because somebody else can play a game that you can still play? Seems very silly to me. 😂

I’m in Xbox purely because I like their first party games more (yeah, yeah - when they release them), but I’m all for all people getting to play Halo, Gears et all! Those beauties should be unleashed on the world like a big pair of titties.

I would also love some PS games to come over to Xbox so I could play them. Uncharted especially.

I embrace this future!

Skelterz

I expect to see a statement at some point saying anything that wasn’t exclusive before acquisitions will head to PlayStation E.G Bethesda’s games call of duty etc, and then I expect to see halo and gears of war release on PlayStation within a year of that statement Xbox is done.

HL3.exe

I get it when you van only invest in one console. But also, kinda cringe if you don't want other people having access to a specific title. Who cares, be glad more people can enjoy a thing you like. Platform agnosticism is the future, fact. Big budget games are way to expensive to make for one platform these days.

I think it's a smart move from both MS and Sony to finally pivot to this strategy. I'm glad Sony's output releases on PC and MS is day one on PC.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Xbox is dead. Let’s just move on. Anyone that buys the next Xbox is out of his mind unless he really wants gamepass and nothing else.

As matter of fact the next Xbox should be called gamepass station. The xbox is done . Thanks to the retards at MS.

And Phill is nothing but a liar

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Exclusives have tiers, ofcourse.

Sea of Thieves is very old, and GaaS. So it makes sense. And I doubt this one hurt Xbox fans. Indy is a Disney IP from Bethesda that would've been third party without the buyout, there is little reason to make this an exclusive otherwise. Other IP like TES, Doom etc were always multiplatform. Halo, Forza and Gears are premier Xbox exclusives, and never existed on competing consoles. But anything below that could very well end up on Playstation. However, MS might be working towards releasing everything on Playstation eventually. Still, outside of Sea of Thieves all games so far are from studios that were third party until recently and likely had a PS5 version in the pipeline before.

Its a strange situation if the Pro is real, and MS has no answer to it, that you can play the best versions of MS studios games like Indy on a Playstation.

Shit will really hit the fan if the new Gears of War will be announced for PS5. But I wonder if MS is going there just yet.

See exclusives coming to Playstation is Fine problem is PS5 exclusives should also be coming to Xbox. So far that is not the case if it was most gamers wouldnt care about any of this and we as gamers would indeed be winning
I would make fun of you, except I realize you probably weren't around when many games don't get ported to every machine out there, and even when they do they are basically different games from each other.

Since you don't remember what happened the last time a console platform mass ported their games to another platform, you also wouldn't know what that really meant. You just had to learn it for the first time.

Now, why would you be upset just because somebody else can play a game that you can still play? Seems very silly to me. 😂

I’m in Xbox purely because I like their first party games more (yeah, yeah - when they release them), but I’m all for all people getting to play Halo, Gears et all! Those beauties should be unleashed on the world like a big pair of titties.

I would also love some PS games to come over to Xbox so I could play them. Uncharted especially.

I embrace this future!
there is no point getting an xbox since you can get the games even on ps5. it has no games or value.

I feel like Microsoft jumped the multiplat gun too soon. A lot of their gaming revenue is now Activision and most of that is multiplat either way. Might as well keep the Xbox Studios and Bethesda games as exclusives to keep Xbox alive instead of killing their Game Pass subs and their GaaS cut.

I feel like Microsoft jumped the multiplat gun too soon. A lot of their gaming revenue is now Activision and most of that is multiplat either way. Might as well keep the Xbox Studios and Bethesda games as exclusives to keep Xbox alive instead of killing their Game Pass subs and their GaaS cut.
You don’t seem to understand. MS is done with the waiting game. They want revenue and MAUs to go up and they want it now. They are changing what Xbox is they are done with the old formula.

Humdinger

I wonder if/when the traditional Xbox pillar franchises - Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza - will come to PS. I take it for granted now that everything they gobbled up in the acquisition will come to Playstation eventually. But I'm not sure about the traditional Xbox franchises. I can see them wanting to "hold the line" with those, at least for the next generation. It stops the bleeding a little (announcing that Halo or Gears are coming to PS would be a heavy blow to remaining Xbox fans). And it gives them the ability to say "Only on Xbox" to fans of those franchises. Maybe that helps preserve their console base a little and gives people a reason to buy in next gen.

I want to say that if they go down this road, Xbox is finished by the end of the gen, but I have been wrong so many times, so who the fuck knows, xbox has spent like 80 billion in acquisitions, it has be paid for somehow. Feel like releasing games on PlayStation is a step too far . Gamepass can’t be only reason to an own a Xbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom