• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!! BYE 2014!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
10433885_10102436373415004_1506059809018066643_n.jpg

New TV. :D
What size is the tv? Curious.

FullSizeRender%2B%282%29.jpg

Stuff I got from the girlfriend and her family for Xmas. Still on the way Sherlock Holmes Xbox One, Little Mac Amiibo and a dancing Groot!

haikira

From my Mum - I'd hinted at Bayo 2 and Fargo. Rest was a massive surprise.

img_36804wui2.jpg

img_3689spu4p.jpg

Secret Santa - It's not actually secret though. It's something my friends and I came up with a while ago. We match everyone up with someone to buy for, like secret santa, but everyone knows who's buying who. It works out well though. It means everyone can put all their focus and money into one really awesome gift.

If anyone's seen It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, It's a T-Shirt that Mac's worn more than once. One of my favourite shows =D
img_3703x7ucg.jpg

My secret Santa, who's really into foreign movies, and knows I am too, got me some I haven't seen yet. Only watched No.3 So far. Looking forward to watching the rest. Oh, and Cards Against Humanity is awesome,
and pretty fucked up too =D.
img_3697e5uae.jpg

Something for myself - Just stuff I've picked up on the after Christmas sales.

untitled-1luuuv.jpg

db505cf3-78d8-4ea3-8ffe-15ca16d4f2e0_zps4c9d2e94.jpg

GotG steel case, GTA V, NBA 2k15, LBP3, and KH 2.5.

IMG_4710_zps664628d3.jpg

Megaman collection games from my SRK Secret Santa.

IMG_4895_zpsb31e86a0.jpg

All That! shirt

IMG_5026_zps536eb383.jpg

Supreme stuff from my visit to their store in LA this past weekend.

IMG_4702_zps9fc622cc.jpg

2012 Mercedes C250 coupe.

ys45

Got quite a lot in December since it is my birthday and Christmas

Mother 2 figures and ALBW soundtrack
xCqCwHd.jpg

Some retro games :

6tnxTlP.jpg

Two upgrades I needed badly (upgrading from a Geforce 560ti and had an old logitech headset)

R82DRlL.jpg

Class of Heroes 2G !
25S9w6t.jpg

Christmas present from girlfriend and family :

hDt7uKn.jpg

YGumN1R.jpg

c4PPQBV.jpg

ZVhAp1G.jpg

Kieli

Got quite a lot in December since it is my birthday and Christmas

Mother 2 figures and ALBW soundtrack
xCqCwHd.jpg

Some retro games :

6tnxTlP.jpg

Two upgrades I needed badly (upgrading from a Geforce 560ti and had an old logitech headset)

R82DRlL.jpg

Class of Heroes 2G !
25S9w6t.jpg

Christmas present from girlfriend and family :

hDt7uKn.jpg

YGumN1R.jpg

c4PPQBV.jpg

ZVhAp1G.jpg

Fastest I've ever seen broken images, haha.

pariah164

Yeah I'm an idiot, I wanted to clean up some images on Imgur and deleted everything -_-
Think I should go to bed it's way too late .....
PROTIP for Imgur: You can choose to Hide images, which disassociates images from your account without deleting them, freeing up space without losing images you've linked. Granted, if you do this, you lose the ability to view it in your gallery but it's great when you have tons of images and some you don't need, but want to keep linked.

Post-Christmas sale pickups - CoD:AW is the last of this year's retail PS4 releases that I think I'll be needing, while the Battlestar Galactica set was just too tempting as an Amazon lightning deal.

aglJZPZ.jpg

...but now I'm slightly jealous of your Battlestar Galactica collection instead :p
I got that BSG from Amazon, too. Something daft like £23. Rude not to, considering I've still got the first series on HD-DVD :D

gretos

Neo Member
Accumulated haul received last week. Get all of these games with great price tag except for Metroid Trilogy and Dark Cloud 2 :/

*Sorry for the over-exposure pics

Coreda

Are you from Scandinavia? I helped bring that Emilie Nicolas record to release.

Actually found this post via a Google search for places the sell the record after being turned onto it in a recent GAF thread. Talented artist. Wish it was available in FLAC through an online store like Bleep.com.

TheMoon

kirdygaf0jupd.jpg

last pick-up of the year and also the last amiibo I needed since I'm not buying Mario, Peach or Pikachu. Now waiting for Wave 3 in three weeks!

FullSizeRender%2B%283%29.jpg

Call of Duty was randomly delivered to me with no return address.

Meijer accidentally had a 9.99 sticker on NES Remix and the cashier was nice enough to give it to me at that price.

Samus from my gf's mom since she heard it was getting discontinued?

Pick up of the forever...

Oh yeah I got some game stuff too but I won't be playing that any time soon.
Cute kid, one of my co-workers recently had a child as well. He somehow manages to balance his hobbies with a child though. Think because he only sleeps 2 hours.

Kawika

Cute kid, one of my co-workers recently had a child as well. He somehow manages to balance his hobbies with a child though. Think because he only sleeps 2 hours.

The ability to go days with little to no sleep are quickly vanishing in my 30s. Gone are the days of gaming till the sun comes up. I basically only play my tablet and 3DS/Vita (5 minutes at a time) and admire my consoles and PC from a distance.

Anth0ny

So this year was probably the best, and most surprising, Christmas I've had since my childhood.

First, my girlfriend decided instead of buying me random stuff that I would probably like... she went straight to the top of my wishlist. So this happened:

jzQtdQmMytsw5.JPG

Mother fucking FFIII. Mother fucking Action Replay for Sega Saturn. And wrassling games for N64 I didn't own. Holy shit. Final Fantasy III was actually my most wanted game, period. In Canada, that shit goes for over $60, and I've been outbid on it countless times on ebay. My girlfriend to the rescue :)

Also, with that Action Replay, I can finally go nuts with a Sega Saturn collection! Region free woooooooo

Next, possibly the most surprising gift I've ever received:

jcCAilPF0ZgAf.jpg

I own a PS4 and Wii U. I've said countless times on GAF that would I be there day one for an Xbone the day they announce a new Banjo Kazooie. I don't need an Xbone right now, and I certainly don't need the new Ass Creed game. Yet, here I am unwrapping my gifts on Christmas morning, and I find this fucker under the tree.

The last time I received a new video game console for Christmas was the Gamecube in 2001. So it was pretty surreal to experience that again, 13 years later. Even though I'm much older now, it still felt pretty sweet to unwrap a present and see a CONSOLE.

The most amazing part: this was from my GRANDFATHER. For as long as I can remember, my grandfather has given me cash for Christmas. It was great. I'd use it to go crazy on boxing day sales. It was expected. I don't know what happened this year. Somehow, he must have asked someone what video games I liked, and SOMEHOW he learned about Xbox One, and here we are. Unbelievable! I haven't been surprised by a Christmas gift in years. It's been 90% cash, clothes and gift cards. I think it's safe to say this is one of my favorite Christmas gifts ever, my grandparents are awesome <3

Anticipating said cash, I took it upon myself to do some Christmas shopping for myself earlier in the month:

jNnKXhPk0bnpR.JPG

SO SEXY

With the AV Famicom and Xbox One, I own pretty much every major home console ever made. Next on the list is, like... the original Xbox? Sega Master System? PS Vita?

jbdPAPaan8natj.jpg

I've always wanted a Masterpiece Optimus Prime. For the last few years, it's gone for over $300 at conventions and online. They finally re-released him this year for a super reasonable price, so I grabbed him! I just want a Megatron now and I'm done with Transformers collecting. These things are way too big for my room lol

I also got a bunch of boring Boxing Day blu rays. Too lazy to take a pic but they're cool. And they were cheap. Nothing like the Cineplex 50% off deal from last year, though :(

What a good Christmas :)

Nayishiki

Luigi, Captain Falcon and Pit Amiibo
qcsOgkA.jpg

Marth Amiibo
f7kVr2Dl.jpg

Mega Charizard Y
HYjjGp7l.jpg

Fire Emblem and Shantae in Wii U
Oy7tNVPl.jpg

kIOPNV0l.jpg

And another Marth Amiibo
jGoIwoXl.jpg

stfkbEA.jpg

Figma Action Figure on the right.

kSyBLZu.jpg

Dc Direct Swamp Thing

Wvbe8MC.jpg

o1ppLbN.jpg

4t5LSBj.jpg

qLYGPmg.jpg

Awesome Mason-Jar I received from my Aunt.
uPTG7Ki.jpg

These Brushes I got for my Mom. She loves makeup and really wanted them. So I picked them up for Christmas.
tECHaWx.jpg

I9XdmkF.jpg

This is really awesome stuff for your facial hair. It's made in Murica! haha, here is a link for anyone interested: http://stubbleandstache.com/

I also got Vanquish and a Xbox-One With the Assassins Creed Games.
Hope everyone had a good December and Happy New Year to you all ! :)

ys45

PROTIP for Imgur: You can choose to Hide images, which disassociates images from your account without deleting them, freeing up space without losing images you've linked. Granted, if you do this, you lose the ability to view it in your gallery but it's great when you have tons of images and some you don't need, but want to keep linked.

Thx for the tip , il do that next time.

Vortex566

Do people consider Amiibo to be an investment? Considering it's already pretty hard to pick up a lot of them in stores.

Top Bottom