• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!! BYE 2014!

Sony KDL42W705B
tve5qstzjodj.jpg

Glacier White PS4
ps4xwrns.jpg

Some PS4 and 360 games
games79o9c.jpg

Got a couple of nes games I didnt have for pretty cheap. Might have overpaid on the killer tomatoes but I haven't seen it at a store ever.

Up to 220 nes games now.
plBxt4b.jpg

Got captain america as a christmas gift and bought the games with Christmas money. Stores were out of nes remix Wii u so I ordered it from best buy. Seems like the wiiu nes remix pack might be in short supply in a few more months.
l3LAuAw.jpg

Isn't the n-word a bannable offense tho?

Or has GAF been taken over by some hitherto unknown gangs?

Let me correct you on something. For one negro and the word you are referring to are two entirely different things with different meanings and history behind them. Negro just means someone of African black descent and the other is a derogatory term towards said people used to oppress them that means lazy and ignorant. I also find that gang line to be a bit racist.

Marceles

Just got back from GameStop.

Traded in the Xbone for this.

ycuJytK.jpg

Think I made the right move.

I never thought I'd ever say this, but as of now if I had the choice to keep one console and not own the others it'd be Wii U. Good buy.

One of my resolutions this year was to take it easy on buying games since my backlog is already huge, but Steam is steaming right now

m0UmA1J.png

BTails

I always love seeing the Retro pickups in this thread, so I'll post my local game shop Boxing Day pickup:

$45 for the two of them. Shining Force is CIB and minty. It's a shame my Genesis is back home, a province away (Currently at my parents' for the holidays)

GavinUK86

After lurking in these threads every month, not posting myself because I don't buy much, I never knew so many people bought retro consoles and games. Quite an eye opener.

I never thought I'd ever say this, but as of now if I had the choice to keep one console and not own the others it'd be Wii U. Good buy.

Thanks, enjoying it so far. Mario Kart 8 is great. And these games are w great balance to the stuff I already have for the ps4. I feel like I got all my bases covered.

Strike

Definitely decided to end this year with a bang.

1209_zps95f4d652.jpg

1216_zpsf5f5ff44.jpg

Got some stuff from the weekly sales that were going on during the month.

DSCN1410_zps96806fbe.jpg

Black Friday stuff came in. I'm finally a PS4 owner! Also managed to grab a 1TB 7200 RPM drive as well, so I'll be switching that out as soon as I can.

DSCN1411_zpsfcc94b92.jpg

Gifts from the family.

DSCN1414_zps86b58eb7.jpg

Managed to sore a copy of Cowboy Bebop: Amazon Edition. Totally worth triple dipping on this (I have another copy coming in the mail). Also decided to take advantage of Best Buy's $30 GCU deal.

jdkluv

All these (limited editions with games and music albums all together). I don't feel like using a HQ camera at the moment, but if someone wants better pictures...

A closer look to the Ys I & II Complete LE. That cover book is literally perfection.

xFJFGXs.jpg

And a closer look to the new aditions of the Brandish Shrine.

B0bIht8.jpg

Add a Felghana PC Limited Edition and another copy of the VM Japan LE for friends too. So yes, this year's Christmas has been exceptional. :)

Bar81

Final Fight Sound Collection (5 CDs + DVD) and Taito Digital Sound Archives ~Arcade~ Vol. 1

Soundtracks in the the Final Fight collection: arcade, Sharp X68000 (FM & Midi), SNES, Mega CD, GBA, Mighty Final Fight, Final Fight 2 & 3, and Final Fight Revenge.
In the Taito collection: Vertexer, Ninja Warriors, Syvalion, Rikukaikuu Saizensen, Space Gun, Hat Trick Hero, DonDokoDon, and Volfied.

Beautiful. Had not realized these even existed.

PS4 20th Anniversary console !!!!!!!

I got my hand on one and although I knew I would pay a premium.

Owning one truly is priceless to me.

I will post pics shortly.

Very happy right now.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Been a very busy few weeks!

Gifts for others:

iMac for my mother:

15925655698_b8b192effa_c.jpg

Burberry watch for my GF (and a Jawbone BIG Jambox, not pictured):

16112344352_ceff0a5067_c.jpg

iPad Mini Retina for my sister:

15939061470_cdac6198e5_s.jpg

"Adopted" a couple kids for Christmas from a local church:

15504046704_23459b852f_c.jpg

And some trinkets for the GF's mom/dad/sister/BIL/niece/nephew, as well as some small things for friends.

I bought myself a fun Christmas toy:

15940620597_d3fc7a45c7_c.jpg

... and have spent way too much on Wave 1 & 2 Amiibos (old pic)

15233806194_e7376a64a3_c.jpg

My Christmas gifts (and PS4 mentioned above:

16113059315_178b23ba7f_c.jpg

... plus a few more books and clothes, plus about $150 in gift cards.

My GF got me this, though... absolutely awesome:

15940598907_e0222f4aa4_c.jpg

... and my mom got me this:

15493378903_b2725ba0e5_c.jpg

Bought some Smash controllers and new selvedge:

15382662073_f8f31e7815_c.jpg

15866627027_d506f9fdec_c.jpg

Bought this, and some other goodies, from an awesome user in the BST thread:

16124434811_d584809c77_c.jpg

... and finally, just got back from my one year anniversary dinner with my beautiful GF.... but as I type this, I realize our dinner pic is on her phone :-/

I would have laughed if you said 6months ago most my xmas gaming spending would be going in Nintendo's direction. Well played..

Hyrule warriors and the basic dropping in price pushed me into rebuying a Wii U. The changable faceplates and the fact its PAL made me upgrade my 3DS

Amiibo's - tried to stay away, didn't work now trying to source the others.....

Few Xmas presents

Rich!

another day, another new simpsons shirt added to my collection:

iL5cZXsZ6OCGn.JPG

ieLCAlYjnuLTp.JPG

tonnes of classic moments from the show on this, hidden around my body. Also bought smash bros today to go along with my gamecube adapter. The game was £35 on sale in GAME, which was astonishing. Had to buy it.

ibyjqydcqh4pqv.JPG

Deefuzz

It's been a while since I've posted, but this has been one of the most ridiculous months in ages for pick-ups for me. Probably won't ever have a month like this again. Might need to split this up into two posts actually. First the toys!

IMG_1136_zps1b8b13af.jpg

Thought I was done with FansProject stuff, but Sigma-L is really gorgeous in person. WOW

IMG_1129_zps117344e8.jpg

IMG_1205_zps22d3e1d7.jpg

These two were high priced and stupid, figured I would have some amount of buyers remorse with one of both of these, but surprisingly there is none. Love both of these and have been attempting to work on some photography with them both. Which is a challenge.

IMG_1040_zpsc6a9b5f2.jpg

Been itching to play again, haven't really touched the six string since high school. Messed around with the bass a few years back and while I dug it, it was hard to progress with it solo, so figured I would give this another shot with a new guitar. This is a Fender FSR Stratocaster which has that Gilmour vibe going on with it and it just spoke to me.

IMG_1128_zps7c8ba67c.jpg

Buying the Cowboy Bebop complete series Blu Ray set has inspired me to pick up a few other Blu Rays I have been wanting to get.

FullSizeRender_zps5549f336.jpg

The gold iPad Air is surprisingly not as gaudy in person as I thought it would be. I actually fell in love with it, and the white smart cover is an awesome compliment to it.

more in the next post!

Deefuzz

IMG_1320_zpsedbed5ae.jpg

The alpha series was highly recommended to me by a couple of friends who I respect who have some great product shots so I picked this up to work on photography through 2015. It's one of those "self-growth" type of projects I want to work on. It would be nice to have a better handle on picture taking by this time next year (I'm a guy who generally just uses auto settings).

IMG_1279_zps94ca7aec.jpg

Got one of these for my longer trips to my in-laws place. I used to carry along a system or two in their original boxes and then my desktop monitor which happens to have an HDMI port. This way I can carry the system and monitor together in a case. It's been working out quite well so far. Loving it. Great for my regular monthly travel up to Chicago.

IMG_1147_zpsce504049.jpg

Both were on sale, figured Rocksmith would be a great tool to supplement my current knowledge and learning.

IMG_1038_zps88c4d114.jpg

I've double dipped on Destiny now. I bought it on the Xbox One shortly after it came out, but it turns out most of my friends play on the PS4 so I had to get it there too.

IMG_1024_zps464acbc6.jpg

IMG_0991_zps35d61fb5.jpg

Been AGES since I used a desktop (use mainly MacBooks at home) so when the Retina iMac was released I figured it was time to get a new one.

IMG_1294_zpsf668dc41.jpg

And finally I am shocked that this is actually real. Thought it was too good to be true but it actually showed up! I'll add more pics to the other thread later.

Been one heck of a month!!

empyrean

IMG_0991_zps35d61fb5.jpg

Been AGES since I used a desktop (use mainly MacBooks at home) so when the Retina iMac was released I figured it was time to get a new one.

Been one heck of a month!!

How is the Retina iMac? I'm so close to ordering one, any problems playing games / general use with heat/fan noise?

Deefuzz

How is the Retina iMac? I'm so close to ordering one, any problems playing games / general use with heat/fan noise?

Love it. No issues that I can tell, but I've only played WoW and Diablo 3 on it so far. Still have yet to get Steam on there

Other than that I've used it for minor Photoshop work and recording a podcast.

Absolutely love it personally.

empyrean

Love it. No issues that I can tell, but I've only played WoW and Diablo 3 on it so far. Still have yet to get Steam on there

Other than that I've used it for minor Photoshop work and recording a podcast.

Absolutely love it personally.

Thanks for the impression, guess i had better order one then :D

Gameboy415

Christmas presents from my family:

1kh36DF.jpg

-I got everything I wanted this year and a few cool bonuses like the sake set, SNES games, and Godzilla ornament. :)

Pick-ups:

YMHlq2B.jpg

-I found all of these accessories dirt-cheap at Goodwill over the last few weeks. I was really psyched to find the Boston PC speaker set - I had an older version of these back in college and they had amazing sound quality!

ss3dGwY.jpg

-I don't actively collect Star Wars figures but I came across this set on clearance at Target and snapped it up - I love Speeder Bikes!
I got D-Arts Mewtwo on eBay but somewhat regret it because the seller advertised it as including the bonus Mew figure which of course it doesn't. Oh well.
I got the Pokemon Center plushies on Amazon, Ganondorf at TRU, and found the Burger King Pokemon plushies at Savers.

H4RH62H.jpg

-I got all of these movies/shows for great prices during sales at FYE, Half-Price Books, & Amazon.

zYmtCYy.jpg

-I got these during Half-Price Books' 20% off sale.

ioegc72.jpg

-I found the 2 boxed VB games at Goodwill for $1.99 each! I went back the next day and found the Virtual Boy itself which I got for ~$45 after a coupon & some store credit. :)

OtDAoaD.jpg

-I've always wanted this game and got this CIB copy for a decent price on eBay.

a9s0dhP.jpg

-I got these dirt-cheap Wii games during Gamestop's B2G1 & grabbed the Wii gift card tin for $2.
I got Monster Rancher Advance at Disc Replay and found the Yoshi Happy Meal toy for 49 cents at Goodwill - it plays music from Yoshi's Island when you press on his back!

FC3pThX.jpg

-I found most of these games for a few bucks each during Half-Price Books' 20% off sale, tracked down Infinite Undiscovery at Gamestop, and got the CoD XB1 controller at Goodwill!
The box is a bit damaged but the controller is in like-new condition!

hlov7KQ.jpg

-I got most of the PS3 games during Gamestop's B2G1 sale and found the PS2 games at Half-Price Books.

GqNBHla.jpg

-I'm a huge GG fan and had to get the LE! I was a bit disappointed to find parts of the outer box were ripped when I opened it up but it's not too bad, I guess.

Last but not least:

Q2jmUhd.jpg

-I spent all day trying to order one of these the day they went live on Sony's online store and it's finally here! I haven't had a chance to open it up yet, but I'm curious to see what number I got. :)

Top Bottom