• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
SephCast said:
Ugh. I'm doing my best to temper my expectations. I've officially raised my Bulls expectations to ECF at least. If we lose in the 2nd round, I'll be crushed. ECF is what I expect and I'll be okay with. Everything else is gravy for me.

BUT INSIDE I WANT TO SAY WE'RE GONNNNA WINNNN IT ALLLLLL

Same here! BTW I went to the United Center for the first time last week. Fucking fantastic seeing Rose destroy Rondo in person! I wish I could be there for the playoffs :(

jjasper said:
Insignificant stat of the day:
Since January 1st: Spurs 33-17, Grizzlies 32-18.

No, thats a pretty significant stat I'd say.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost that series now that Manu is injured. I don't know why everyone is picking us to win it.

diehard

Fleer
StickSoldier said:
Haha, I aint got no hate for the Jazz, but don't know shit about them now that they don't have the players from last year.
Hayward / Favors /
Jimmer
future man, thats all you need to know.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Doc Holliday said:
Same here! BTW I went to the United Center for the first time last week. Fucking fantastic seeing Rose destroy Rondo in person! I wish I could be there for the playoffs :(

The atmosphere is amazing in the playoffs. During the regular season, it's not usually that good, other than matchup games. Playoffs are amazing at the UC, though.

SephCast said:
The atmosphere is amazing in the playoffs. During the regular season, it's not usually that good, other than matchup games. Playoffs are amazing at the UC, though.
I can only imagine how stoked you Bulls fans are to finally have a championship contending team. Congrats

BTW the white hot Heat jerseys look fugly and cheap as hell.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The Crimson Blur said:
No, thats a pretty significant stat I'd say.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost that series now that Manu is injured. I don't know why everyone is picking us to win it.

Yeah, I have no idea why people are picking the top seed to beat the 8th seed either. I mean, did you see the numbers on the last 40 games? :)

Grizz have no chance. BONNER POWER.

commish said:
Yeah, I have no idea why people are picking the top seed to beat the 8th seed either. I mean, did you see the numbers on the last 40 games? :)

Grizz have no chance. BONNER POWER.

lol 8th seed. Grizz tanked to be the 8th seed. Everyone knows they are better than their seed. Besides, an 8th seed in the West is still really good. No Manu in G1 means no HCA (in fact, it gives them the advantage because when they win G1 they'll be up 1-0 with 3 games left in MEM) and thats part of what makes a top seed so powerful.

Without Manu, Tony Allen will be on Parker. We won't be able to exploit Conley. That changes everything.

Outdoor Miner said:
Damn so much hate for the Bulls down here in Miami. I really hope these two teams meet in the Conference Finals. It will be epic.
I've seen more hate towards the Celtics down here but I've seen fb statuses calling for career ending injuries to Rose and Noah lol

Derwind

Teams I want to see in the Confrence finals:

Leastern Conference
-Bulls
-Miami(so they can get stomped, we know the Bulls expose Bosh worse than a Paparazzi exposes a naked celeb)

Conceited Conference

-Spurs
-Lakers

Note: I'm not a fan of Spurs or Lakers but I do want to see them faceoff.....I hate watching OKC & Dallas play, I don't care for Por, NO, Mem or Den....

Adam Blade said:
Future Clipper Michael Gilchrist is not very articulate.

PJ Hairston isn't too bad.

I thought Gilchrist was very articulate and intelligent from the interviews I've seen. He's also a year younger than the rest of his class.

Pacers/Mavs finals would be epic.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I thought Gilchrist was very articulate and intelligent from the interviews I've seen. He's also a year younger than the rest of his class.

Maybe it's just this interview here, but he doesn't come off too well.

linsivvi

Blackface said:
I named a club, in Toronto, when talking about the night life in the city. It wasn't a basketball argument. Nice try though scrub.

Anyway, I am done with all these arguments. Time to watch over-rated teams get killed in the playoffs.

I still can't believe I was wrong about the Knicks. I thought they were going to be the 07 Raptors. But they were even worse then that. Oh well, maybe next year they will get to 47 wins.

Here, have a cookie.

djmag.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Is there a point-guard not named Deron Williams Jazz fans do like?

And no, John Stockton is not an acceptable answer.

diehard

Fleer
reilo said:

I think Andre Miller is alright. I don't "not like" Rose, either. Steve Nash is great.

Rondo got vastly overrated and Westbrook is terrible to watch and makes some dumb plays. That's about it.

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif

Important post

Alright guys we gotta start up suggestions for the NBA-age awards. Categories from last year:

Best NBA .gif
Best NBA photoshop
Best NBA photoshopper
Village Idiot of the Year
Best Meltdown
Funniest Poster
Best New NBA-age meme
ROTY
Most substantive poster
Best news breaker
Best troll
MVP

The only awards that are 100% coming back this year are ROTY, MVP, Best troll, Best .gif/photoshop/photoshopper (I may combine .gif/photoshop). I want to have around 10 awards so I'd like to hear your suggestions. What awards should come back, and what awards should be added?

Important Post

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif

reilo

dIEHARD said:
I think Andre Miller is alright. I don't "not like" Rose, either. Steve Nash is great.

Rondo got vastly overrated and Westbrook is terrible to watch and makes some dumb plays. That's about it.
Andre played at BYU! He doesn't count, either!

Derwind

linsivvi said:
Here, have a cookie.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x142/reilo/djmag.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Well I'll give him this, he's not a horrible basketball player. He actually was good for us when he played in Toronto. Actually he was one of the best players the Raptors ever drafted. He had heart early on and he didn't take as many jumpshots as he did with Miami.

His entire game was his killer first step, his patented pump fake, his silky smooth jump shot and the back to the basket game he had.

Honestly, I know people might be thinking I'm a blind homer but honestly, he was fucking brilliant when he played in Toronto.

But he's exposed as a sellout, a soft bitchmade motherfucker and a robin to batman's robin....

Even defensively he wasn't bad, he could stay with his man pressuring them, keep his dinosaur hands in their face making them alter their shots.

He could rebound a decent amount.

And this is with night in & night out being double & triple teamed....

But I digress...

He really is just a soft ass punk.... =[

dIEHARD said:

Westbrook often makes me want to murder kittens but I wouldn't say he is terrible to watch.

diehard

Fleer
Mystagogue said:
Westbrook often makes me want to murder kittens but I wouldn't say he is terrible to watch.
I'm sick of that team and their Durantics. If not for that i would be rooting for them , i think they have some good guys on their team off the court.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I'm having friends over for the Bulls playoff game. Drinking game is a shot per each D-Rose 3, Bogans 3, and D-Rose dunk.

Devin Harris will probably not be joining the "Point guards Jazz fans like" group going by his play this season and in his career which is pretty unfortunate.

reilo

So Beaubois is going to be benched for DeShawn...

Carlisle wouldn’t commit to continuing to use DeShawn Stevenson as the starting shooting guard, as was the case for most of the season while Beaubois slowly recovered from a broken foot and again in the regular-season finale. But it’s clear from listening to Carlisle and the team’s key veterans that it’s Stevenson’s job for the playoffs, while Beaubois will perhaps be a bit player off the bench.

“Things change,” Carlisle said. “And you’ve got to be judged by performance. I think the last time I said, ‘I’m sticking with this kid’ was over a week ago. Some things have changed in that period of time. That’s just the way it is.”

Actually, nothing changed for Roddy B. during that period of time. That’s the problem.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mave...2/mavs-pull-plug-on-roddy-beaubois-as-starter

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Mothman91 said:
gotdayum, you guys are gonna get SMASHED.

Derrick gets about 3-4 threes per game now, 1-2 from Bogans, and dunks are only once in a while. I have a feeling it'll be about 5 shots.

thekad said:
.gif
photoshop
roty
mvp
:heatbench meme award
triple u village idiot award
NBA MVP

Do you guys really like the Village Idiot award? I know its funny, but I felt bad for kado when he "won" it. If you guys wanna keep it, we'll keep it though. I'm leaning toward keeping best meme since the discussion around that is usually pretty fun, and it leads to reminiscing about the year's best moments. So, so far:

1. ROTY
2. MVP
3. Best troll
4. Best avatar
5. Best NBA .gif/photoshop
6. Best photoshopper
7. Most substantive poster
8. Best new NBA-age meme
9. ??
10. ??

is what I am thinking.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
The Crimson Blur said:
Do you guys really like the Village Idiot award? I know its funny, but I felt bad for kado when he "won" it. If you guys wanna keep it, we'll keep it though. I'm leaning toward keeping best meme since the discussion around that is usually pretty fun, and it leads to reminiscing about the year's best moments. So, so far:

1. ROTY
2. MVP
3. Best troll
4. Best avatar
6. Best photoshopper
8. Best new NBA-age meme
9. ??
10. ??

is what I am thinking.

Who was the guy who did the actual NBA awards for gaf last year? Does he still want to do it or should I take over for him?

SephCast said:
Who was the guy who did the actual NBA awards for gaf last year? Does he still want to do it or should I take over for him?

We don't do actual NBA awards. You can start that up if you want to.

My awards are only NBA-gaf related.

Jeff-DSA

reilo said:

I like Andre Miller, Nash (though his circle dribbling is silly), Jason Kidd (his game, not so much him), Rose, Chris Paul (game ONLY), and Tony Parker.

I like the PG that facilitates but is also able to score. Rose looks to score more than I like, but I can't deny the results. Watching guys like Rondo (who is only putting up the numbers he does because he's surrounded by Hall of Fame talent), Westbrook, or other spaz guards makes my stomach turn.

Derwind

SephCast said:
I think Chicagoans might drink more than a lot of other places. 5-6 drinks is a normal drinking night here.

So what happens if Rose makes 4 dunks, 3 threes and Bogan makes 4 threes? I mean isn't that their average in 48 minutes(I don't watch many bulls games so I don't know)? Thats a lot of drinks(assuming the drinks are strong) in a short space of time, might want to keep them light....:p

Jeff-DSA

The Crimson Blur said:

1. ROTY
2. MVP
3. Best troll
4. Best avatar
6. Best photoshopper
8. Best new NBA-age meme
9. ??
10. ??

is what I am thinking.

Best meltdown?
Most stubborn? (basically who won't let a point go when it's obvious that they're wrong...aka the Knicks for Carmelo award)

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Derwind said:
So what happens if Rose makes 4 dunks, 3 threes and Bogan makes 4 threes? I mean isn't that their average in 48 minutes(I don't watch many bulls games so I don't know)? Thats a lot of drinks(assuming the drinks are strong) in a short space of time, might want to keep them light....:p

Rose dunks it like once every 3 games. Averages around 3 threes per game. Bogans gets 1-2. I'm estimating 4 shots at the lowest, 7 at the most.

numble

Derwind said:
Derrick Rose averages less than 2 threes a game and less than half a dunk a game. Bogans averages 1 three a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom