• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
snack said:
What's with the turd on top of Rose's head?

TheGreatMightyPoo's avatar.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
BIG OVERUSED WORDS ON THE INTERNET.

At least you didn't use "strawman".......yet.

Can you please use the avatar for one day pleeeeeeeeeeeease mannnn.

Bread

Banned
I was listening to some Chicago sports radio that was being broadcast nationwide last night and the guys on it were talking about how Rose is already better than Pippen ever was. Do you agree with that, Rose fans?

snack

ap-6c470b2880144915a0a54c713dc3816f.jpg

SephCast said:
TheGreatMightyPoo's avatar.

Can you please use the avatar for one day pleeeeeeeeeeeease mannnn.

Maybe, I tried to actually hook it up and it said something about invalid file.

I don't know this avatar business, I tried putting the url in my "edit avatar" settings.

Do you have to save it to your computer and do it that way???

WHAT A CHORE.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The Stealth Fox said:
Assists have always been overrated.

Your chance of winning a championship is very low if you are not a top 10 defensive team in the league.

According to Scorecasting, that is not true... they analyze the old adage "defense wins championships" and allege that it doesn't hold up when you analyze it.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Bread said:
I was listening to some Chicago sports radio that was being broadcast nationwide last night and the guys on it were talking about how Rose is already better than Pippen ever was. Do you agree with that, Rose fans?

Wooooooow. No. Pippen, if not for Hue Hollins, would have gotten the 93-94 Bulls to the ECF, possibly to the Finals. Rose hasn't even won a playoff series. Chicago sports radio needs to go back to talking about shitty baseball and the NFL lockout.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Maybe, I tried to actually hook it up and it said something about invalid file.

I don't know this avatar business, I tried putting the url in my "edit avatar" settings.

Do you have to save it to your computer and do it that way???

WHAT A CHORE.

hKTkw.png

http://i.imgur.com/hKTkw.png

There I converted it into a png. Plug that into the usercp. It should work.

Bread said:

I can't compare him to Pippen really.

Pippen is one of the greatest defenders of all time and also had a more than solid offensive game.

One area Derrick has him is in the clutch though but Pippen's friend took that role

I know Derrick brought Pip to his feet(and possibly Jordan) with one of his "routine plays" not too long ago.

At the end of Derrick's career, you can wonder about that if it's your thing.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Adam Blade said:
There are so many more Bulls fans posting here now than there were last year.
Yeah, I was a major RealGM guy but finally got incredibly tired of it. Bulls RGM board is a little better than most, but it's still hard to deal with.

SephCast said:
Wooooooow. No. Pippen, if not for Hue Hollins, would have gotten the 93-94 Bulls to the ECF, possibly to the Finals. Rose hasn't even won a playoff series. Chicago sports radio needs to go back to talking about shitty baseball and the NFL lockout.

People forget about that series.

Any "Pippen sucks without Jordan" comment only needs that reminder to completely discredit the person that pulled it out of their asshole.

bionic77

Missed what I am sure was a giant meltdown from my fellow Laker fans and the collective rejoicing of NBA-GAF. But I for one am happy that Kobe won't get a 2nd 3peat, that would draw too many parallels to Jordan. Let Rose win it this year and make Chicago and DM (and the other "lifelong" Bulls fans) forget all about MJ and then Kobe can pull a Duncan win his 6th in the lockout shortened season next year when half of the NBA is too out of shape to compete.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
People forget about that series.

Any "Pippen sucks without Jordan" comment only needs that reminder to completely discredit the person that pulled it out of their asshole.

You've made my day.

dream

I, for one, hope Phil Jackson's career ends with a first round knockout, crawling away into obscurity with his tail between his legs.

In an alternate Bulls universe, the Rose-Gordon backcourt (with Jay Williams as backup PG) is the most dominant backcourt in the league.

...or at least, theoretically, it should be. Would that backcourt pairing ever work? Gordon can do good work off the ball, correct?

The Stealth Fox

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Who the fuck are you???

You probably think Orlando Woolridge is a shop in Florida where Bosh spends his leisure time when playing against the Magic.

And you probably think that Stacey King was Michael Jordan's mistress.

captmcblack said:
In an alternate Bulls universe, the Rose-Gordon backcourt (with Jay Williams as backup PG) is the most dominant backcourt in the league.

...or at least, theoretically, it should be. Would that backcourt pairing ever work? Gordon can do good work off the ball, correct?

I miss Jay Williams:(

He had so much potential.

One of the best college players I have ever seen.

I heard he tried to get back in the league not long ago and couldn't do it.

commish

The Stealth Fox said:
What do they say?

Basically they came away with the notion that you either have to have a great offense or a great defense. So much the better if you are superior in both categories. But the team with the better defense doesn't necessarily win more than the team with the better offense. They tended to focus on football when analyzing it but claim it holds up for all sports.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I miss Jay Williams:(

He had so much potential.

One of the best college players I have ever seen.

I heard he tried to get back in the league not long ago and couldn't do it.

Poo, try this avatar, I centered it a bit.

IP6wD.png

The Stealth Fox

commish said:
Basically they came away with the notion that you either have to have a great offense or a great defense. So much the better if you are superior in both categories. But the team with the better defense doesn't necessarily win more than the team with the better offense. They tended to focus on football when analyzing it but claim it holds up for all sports.

Weren't the last few champions all above-average in defense? What I originally said was that you needed to be a top 10 defensive team, not that defense cancels out more offense.

If that was the case, the Rockets would have won the title in '07, too bad they had the worst bench ever.

Superior defense and above average offense can win titles, but so can superior offense and above average defense.

But the defense HAS to be there.

charsace

Ninja Scooter said:
stephenjackson.jpg

JAX would beg to differ.

Marquise Daniels also has a guy committing suicide with a shotgun tattooed on his arm.
marquisdaniels.jpg

And Tim Duncan's evil jester tattoo is underrated.
Two gangbangers though.

ANd duncan's tattoo is generic.

I like Kobe's tat.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Adam Blade said:
There are so many more Bulls fans posting here now than there were last year.
Thank God. At one point, if you weren't talking about the Lakers (and strangely enough, the Raptors), no one was discussing anything. Especially, since people didn't have access to streams and such, and couldn't see these games.

commish

The Stealth Fox said:
Weren't the last few champions all above-average in defense? What I originally said was that you needed to be a top 10 defensive team, not that defense cancels out more offense.

If that was the case, the Rockets would have won the title in '07, too bad they had the worst bench ever.

Superior defense and above average offense can win titles, but so can superior offense and above average defense.

But the defense HAS to be there.

I think their argument ran something like if two teams play, and one team is ranked 2nd in defense and 8th in offense, and another is ranked 8th in defense but 2nd in offense, there's no evidence that shows that the 2nd ranked defensive team is more likely to win a championship. I could be mistating it though - it's been a while since I read that particular chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom