• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Stealth Fox said:
That would be so ridiculously awesome.

It would be the most hardass coaching staff on the planet.

Weren't they on the Knicks staff together under Riley?

Blackface

Banned
238235628.jpg

Rodeo Clown said:
Didn't realize Stan Van was on his way out in Orlando.

He's not. Wojo is speculating.

Adelman was troubled that organization wouldn't offer an extension during season. Two names to watch for job: Mike Brown and Stan Van Gundy...Stan has job in Orlando but if he becomes available after playoffs, he's held in high regard within Rockets. Jeff still lives in Houston... Van Gundy has a contract with Magic and everyone knows he's one of best in league. But if Magic are scapegoating, who knows what they'll do?

SVG's job is safe unless Dwight wants him out.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Jordan never had Shaq nor Pau. Nor did he ever win a title going up against the likes of mid-30s-one-foot-in-retirement centers. Well, except Ewing.

reilo said:
Jordan never had Shaq nor Pau. Nor did he ever win a title going up against the likes of mid-30s-one-foot-in-retirement centers. Well, except Ewing.

Yeah, instead he went up against the mighty centers like Kevin Duckworth, Ervin Johnson, and Greg Ostertag.

reilo

Black Mamba said:
Yeah, instead he went up against the mighty centers like Kevin Duckworth, Ervin Johnson, and Greg Ostertag.
Mourning? Shaq? Ewing?

Tom Penny

reilo said:

Shaq decent but Gasol is somehow better than Pippen?

reilo said:
Jordan never had Shaq nor Pau.

He just had one of the best lockdown (HOF) defenders in Pippen for all 6 chips, Rodman (HOF) for 3 of the chips and the best Euro player (Kukoc) in the NBA at that time.

Other than that, he had no help.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I need you guys to talk me into Sam Mitchell. Something other than "He's not Kurt Rambis" or the picture of him eating cake.

reilo

Tom Penny said:
Shaq decent but Gasol is somehow better than Pippen?
I never said that. But let's not act like Kobe didn't have help.
Rodeo Clown said:
I need you guys to talk me into Sam Mitchell. Something other than "He's not Kurt Rambis" or the picture of him eating cake.
Toronto Raptors.

Cubsfan23

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
He just had one of the best lockdown (HOF) defenders in Pippen for all 6 chips, Rodman (HOF) for 3 of the chips and the best Euro player (Kukoc) in the NBA at that time.

Other than that, he had no help.

He definitely had a capable supporting cast. With that said, he's the only guard in NBA history that can say he won championships without a dominant low post presence. Also Jordan bailed out the Bulls much much more than the team bailed him out.

Horry, Fisher, and even Ariza, have had much more clutch shots in the Finals than Kobe.

Cubsfan23 said:
He definitely had a capable supporting cast. With that said, he's the only guard in NBA history that can say he won championships without a dominant low post presence. Also Jordan bailed out the Bulls much much more than the team bailed him out.

Horry, Fisher, and even Ariza, have had much more clutch shots in the Finals than Kobe.

Chauncey Billups says hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom