• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkaz01

jjasper said:
Why are the Rockets getting rid of Adelman? Dudes a good coach.
I guess they don't want to spend extra money for a coach when rebuilding and he doesn't want to stay unless he gets a raise.

jjasper

Spooks said:
When you got a chance to sign COTY Mike Brown you take that chance.

Only Mike Brown can turn Thabust into an NBA center.

Pkaz01 said:
I guess they don't want to spend extra money for a coach when rebuilding and he doesn't want to stay unless he gets a raise.

Their rebuilding job isn't that massive though. It isn't like they are starting from scratch.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
MiamiWesker said:
Oh I know Miami is a shitty sports town. It's just that we have the same exact discussion every game, people don't read.

The Dolphins and Heat have enjoyed ridiculous revenues while the Marlins consistently rank in the top 10 of teams in terms of T.V. ratings and Foxsports doesn't even recognize the ratings from other counties other than Miami-Dade, Broward, and Monroe Counties. If Foxsports were to count Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Hendry, Okeechobee, and the rest of the remaining Florida counties the Marlins ratings would be "the best in baseball".

The UM games are constantly filled and even FIU draws really good numbers. Every time European or Argentinean clubs play at Sun-Life Stadium, they sell out. Weather it be Boca-River from Argentina or A.C. Milan vs Barcelona, they sell out (80,000+).

I understand you want to be "cool", but I would expect you, being from Miami, to be more educated on the subject.

Can you feel the Heat down in your soul?

snack

stealslam.gif

punkypine

UltimaKilo said:
The Dolphins and Heat have enjoyed ridiculous revenues while the Marlins consistently rank in the top 10 of teams in terms of T.V. ratings and Foxsports doesn't even recognize the ratings from other counties other than Miami-Dade, Broward, and Monroe Counties. If Foxsports were to count Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, Collier, Lee, Charlotte, Hendry, Okeechobee, and the rest of the remaining Florida counties the Marlins ratings would be "the best in baseball".

The UM games are constantly filled and even FIU draws really good numbers. Every time European or Argentinean clubs play at Sun-Life Stadium, they sell out. Weather it be Boca-River from Argentina or A.C. Milan vs Barcelona, they sell out (80,000+).

I understand you want to be "cool", but I would expect you to be more educated when it comes to Miami as a sports town.

is that a joke? everytime the phillies play down there, the cheers are louder for the phillies than the marlins

punkypine said:
is that a joke? everytime the phillies play down there, the cheers are louder for the phillies than the marlins

We are terrible when it comes to going to baseball games but it's true about the ratings, they are always excellent. There are lots of old hispanics that don't leave the house.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
punkypine said:

I'm guessing you didn't read my post correctly. I never said anything about attendance, I said television ratings.

jjasper

Pkaz01 said:
It seems like they are blowing it up. Full on tank. Raps got some competition.

If they are gonna go full on tank mode and were planning it for a while why the fuck would you trade an expiring and a rookie PG for fucking Thabeet and a lottery protected pick they can't even use for 3 years?

Pkaz01

jjasper said:
If they are gonna go full on tank mode and were planning it for a while why the fuck would you trade an expiring and a rookie PG for fucking Thabeet and a lottery protected pick they can't even use for 3 years?
Well they got dragic and lowry for the PG spot and their last center can barely walk now. Maybe they had some playoff hopes who knows im not a rockets fan. maybe thats why adelman bailed out.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
MiamiWesker said:
We are terrible when it comes to going to baseball games but it's true about the ratings, they are always excellent. There are lots of old hispanics that don't leave the house.

I don't go to more than 5 Marlins games a season, at most, because of the proximity of the stadium to Miami and the heat. I already have my season tickets to the new stadium and they're sold out.

We are not terrible when it comes to going to baseball games, the stadium is horribly far and traffic is ridiculously bad. People that work can't get there in time for the first pitch and won't make it home until sometimes almost midnight or far later if it goes to extra innings or if theres a rain delay.

punkypine

UltimaKilo said:
I'm guessing you didn't read my post correctly. I never said anything about attendance, I said television ratings.
okay... i'm glad that you are proud of your teams revenues and fan bases, especially when the marlins give away players every year despite supposedly having a massively huge fan base.

but this is the nba thread, enough baseball. point is, its funny that nobody shows up to the heat games, and every time a miami fan tries to defend it, it gets funnier

UltimaKilo said:

I understand you want to be "cool", but I would expect you, being from Miami, to be more educated on the subject.

Oh come on we have always been a bad sports town. We have plenty of fans it's a big city but we dont pack stadiums the same way other cities do. There is a reason why every sports magazine ranks our city amoung the worst sports towns. There is a reason why all our sports writers say we are a bad sports town. You can live in denial all you want. Also just cause it's a bad sports town does not mean there aren't passionate fans, there are plenty but not as many as the best sports cities.

Blackface

Banned
UltimaKilo said:

rmCOr.jpg

Tell some of those awesome fans to show up to a Heat playoff game.

Blackface

Banned
Someone gif Collins yelling at his team, and them not paying any attention, staring off into the distance.

This is the most pathetic shit I have ever seen.

Sanjuro

The Stealth Fox said:
Where are the fans in that .gif? Did Kevin Garnett set a moving screen on them?

Just from a random home game.

Jermaine O'Neal also wised fwom his gwave and played a better game than Carmelo Anthony.

Jermaine O'Neal > Carmelo Anthony. Yeah....

Gigglepoo

Jermaine O'Neil during his peak was certainly better than Carmelo Anthony has ever been. One of the best low-post defenders in the league (behind only KG, K-Mart, and Duncan), and one of the few players who could consistently score with his back to the basket. Shame he punched a fan and became an uberdouche.

Blackface said:
Tell some of those awesome fans to show up to a Heat playoff game.

It's so easy to counter Miami fans' arguments. Just show a picture of the Heat's arena or find the article from when the Dolphins failed to sellout playoff games. Good times.

Gigglepoo said:
Jermaine O'Neil during his peak was certainly better than Carmelo Anthony has ever been. One of the best low-post defenders in the league (behind only KG, K-Mart, and Duncan), and one of the few players who could consistently score with his back to the basket. Shame he punched a fan and became an uberdouche.

It's so easy to counter Miami fans' arguments. Just show a picture of the Heat's arena or find the article from when the Dolphins failed to sellout playoff games. Good times.

The Johnny Cage sliding punch on the fat guy was a defining moment of his career.

Bread

Banned
Blackface said:
http://i.imgur.com/rmCOr.jpg[img]

Tell some of those awesome fans to show up to a Heat playoff game.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/540897/mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom