• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
supabrett said:
Why y'all yankees so damn sensitive? It's like you don't believe your own bullshit about NY being the best spot on earth.

Zo & the heat have More titles than them fucks from ny have the last 40 years & if they win this year they'll match your shitty teams' TOTAL. "Storied franchise" lol

Since you used 40 years as the marker, the Miami Heat have one ref-assisted championship in the last 40 years.

The Knicks also have one in the last 40 years, so it's even.

Miami still sucks at everything except hot Cuban women.

"There was a point in the first half, and I was thinking, 'You better not cry,' " Roy, one of the first players to leave the locker room, told the newspaper in the American Airlines Center hallway. "I mean, serious. I mean, there was a moment where I felt really sorry for myself. Then I was like, nah, you can't be sorry for yourself. I'm a grown man, but there was a moment there that I felt sorry for myself. Especially when I think I can still help."

"I think my nature I've never been one to confront. Never been the one to create controversy," Roy told The Oregonian. "I think Coach is comfortable with his guys and it's hard for him to get me back in there. If that's what he is comfortable with, then I'm going to try and support the team. And if he can get us past [the first round], then he can. I just always thought I would be treated a little better, but ... it is what it is. I'll be all right. I'll go home, see my kids, and be happy."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6395325

Roy has sucked. He might have cost the team game 1 when matthews should have been out there. Don't become another TMac, Roy!

dream

thekad said:
Woj:

Woj is often wrong, but he hits the nail on the head here. Melo choked, badly.

“I made the right play,” Anthony said. “The right play was to go to Jared. … I thought Jared was going to lay it up … I made the right play so I can live with that.”

65 million dollars makes it easy to live with many things.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Black Mamba said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6395325

Roy has sucked. He might have cost the team game 1 when matthews should have been out there. Don't become another TMac, Roy!
Really? Did you see Matthews that game? He was even worse than Roy. In Game 2, Matthews put up some buckets, but contributed zero everywhere else. His primary objective was to guard Kidd, and Kidd still dropped 18 points through three quarters.

When Portland took the 6 point lead in the fourth in game one, Roy was running the offense and Miller was on the bench. In fact, three of the five plays that lead to that 6 point lead with 6 minutes left were on Brandon Roy assists:

Code:
9:45	LaMarcus Aldridge makes 19-foot jumper [B](Brandon Roy assists)[/B]		63-63
9:19	Rudy Fernandez makes driving layup (Nicolas Batum assists)		65-63
8:27	Nicolas Batum makes 13-foot jumper [B](Brandon Roy assists)[/B]		68-63
7:11	LaMarcus Aldridge makes 17-foot two point shot				70-65
6:07	Nicolas Batum makes slam dunk [B](Brandon Roy assists)	[/B]		72-66

Portland's bigger problems are that they don't have a backup point-guard, power-forward, or center. The only position at the moment that is two-deep is small-forward.

To blame Game 1 and Game 2 on Roy is a cop-out and complete bullshit.

That Kendrick Perkins article is awesome...great guy, he seems like.

As for that Melo article...could anything be more wrong?
The game before, people shit on Melo for taking the last shot while contested by 3 dudes. This time, he gets swarmed by 2/3 guys and makes the correct pass. Jeffries was wide fucking open. If he shoots the ball, or turns to the left when he starts the drive instead of heading right, or even simply pump fakes before driving right into KG, he could've won the game.

There is a lot of criticism you can rightfully lay on Melo - but not for failing to take the last shot. Not yesterday. That man was the only reason the game was where it was...if you disagree, you're a retard.

Tom Thibodeau likely to be named Coach of the Year(possibly before Game 5 of Bulls/Pacers series unless there is a sweep) as Chicago Tribune identifies at least 14 sources that have him picked first on their ballot.

Darren Collison day to day but from Tuesday's practice, coach Vogel "pessimistic".
(I think he will play)

captmcblack said:
Since you used 40 years as the marker, the Miami Heat have one ref-assisted championship in the last 40 years.

The Knicks also have one in the last 40 years, so it's even.

Miami still sucks at everything except hot Cuban women.

Whatever you say b.

I've never been to NY & have no desire to go. The transplants helped turn me off & I haven't been to Miami outside of work ever, so i don't care which is better yo, no need to stress it son.

dream said:
65 million dollars makes it easy to live with many things.

Tough call but when you are carrying the team the whole way until that point, I'd say you have to take that shot unless you have someone reliable on the team that can make it.

You win and lose with your best player unless you have other options.

thekad

Banned
nba_a_kobe_paulv_288.jpg

Fuck off, old man.

reilo said:
Really? Did you see Matthews that game? He was even worse than Roy. In Game 2, Matthews put up some buckets, but contributed zero everywhere else. His primary objective was to guard Kidd, and Kidd still dropped 18 points through three quarters.

When Portland took the 6 point lead in the fourth in game one, Roy was running the offense and Miller was on the bench. In fact, three of the five plays that lead to that 6 point lead with 6 minutes left were on Brandon Roy assists:

Code:
9:45	LaMarcus Aldridge makes 19-foot jumper [B](Brandon Roy assists)[/B]		63-63
9:19	Rudy Fernandez makes driving layup (Nicolas Batum assists)		65-63
8:27	Nicolas Batum makes 13-foot jumper [B](Brandon Roy assists)[/B]		68-63
7:11	LaMarcus Aldridge makes 17-foot two point shot				70-65
6:07	Nicolas Batum makes slam dunk [B](Brandon Roy assists)	[/B]		72-66

Portland's bigger problems are that they don't have a backup point-guard, power-forward, or center. The only position at the moment that is two-deep is small-forward.

To blame Game 1 and Game 2 on Roy is a cop-out and complete bullshit.

He also had the worst +/- on the team that day. He looked slow and useless. And most of those assists were hardly out of creation, just making the pass any guard would have made. He shot poorly, and I didn't like the selection, and didn't really contribute much at either end. He should have never played 26 minutes. Had Matthews been given an extra 10 minutes, I think they pull it out. Matthews can at least find a rhythm at some point. Roy has been worthless.

Not sure why you're defending Roy. The guy looks abysmal right now. For the past month he's been D-league quality at best.

DCX

DCX
thekad said:
Woj:

Woj is often wrong, but he hits the nail on the head here. Melo choked, badly.
BS. If the pass led him out of bounds, or to low, to high then yes..Melo was at fault. Boston played it perfectly.

Double from the weakest player on the floor ( JJ ), if Anthony Carter was on the floor the double would have came from him. Melo made the right play.

Shit happens sometimes...Jordan made a pass to Bill Wennigton for a dunk and the win, if Bill misses the dunk no one will blame Jordan.

DCX

reilo

Black Mamba said:
He also had the worst +/- on the team that day. He looked slow and useless. And most of those assists were hardly out of creation, just making the pass any guard would have made. He shot poorly, and I didn't like the selection, and didn't really contribute much at either end. He should have never played 26 minutes. Had Matthews been given an extra 10 minutes, I think they pull it out. Matthews can at least find a rhythm at some point. Roy has been worthless.

Not sure why you're defending Roy. The guy looks abysmal right now. For the past month he's been D-league quality at best.
I'm not as much defending him as trying to understand how two people can watch the same game and come to different conclusions. Matthews was terrible that game -- worse than Roy even. To say Roy cost Portland the game though is completely false. He wasn't chucking up shots left and right and he was setting people up.

Plus, "making the pass any guard would have made"? Really? Then why haven't Rudy and Matthews done it? Matthews had 0 assists, 0 steals, 1 rebound, 3 turnovers and 4 PF in 36 minutes last night. Why didn't Miller do it last night in the fourth?

Hell, Roy played 8 minutes last night and Matthews played 36, yet Portland lost by even more and failed to score 90 points again. Is that Roy's fault, too? Or does it suggest that there are deeper issues with the way Portland has played the first two games?

I think the Hornets have a serious shot tonight.

History would probably tell you that the Lakers get this game for sure but it'd be interesting(very) to see them have to deal with a 2-0 hole.

They might be done if this happens.

reilo

LovingSteam said:
Btw calling it now, Lakers losing tonight by 5-8 points.

Edit: Screw you Kad! That was mine!

Edit 2: LOL
We just need a meltdown and banning or two, some threats to commit suicide and wish death upon certain players on his team, and you'll graduate to Branduil status in no time!

giga said:
You are worse than some Duke fans in the NCAA thread about supporting your team.
What does me making a prediction have to do with me supporting the Lakers? Do tell. I am not some nut who thinks they are winning every game. I call it like I see it. I am not gonna live in some fantasy world. I am not a Heat fan.

reilo said:
We just need a meltdown and banning or two, some threats to commit suicide and wish death upon certain players on his team, and you'll graduate to Branduil status in no time!
Lol. Na man. I ain't sweatin this years Lakers team. I had my meltdown last year. When I realized they weren't winnin it back in December I became a no meltdown LovingSteam.

giga

LovingSteam said:
What does me making a prediction have to do with me supporting the Lakers? Do tell. I am not some nut who thinks they are winning every game. I call it like I see it. I am not gonna live in some fantasy world. I am not a Heat fan.
Come on, you are one of the most pessimistic fans in this thread. Shit is depressing and sad.

numble

LovingSteam said:
You've predicted a loss before/in every Laker game you've posted on this year.

numble

LovingSteam said:
I've bewn right quite often. I was right with both losses to the Heat. Lakers arent going to the Finals. You can take that to the bank.
Can I take your prediction about tonight to the bank? You want to make a friendly wager about tonight's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom