• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
giri said:
Remember when you defended Roy for not standing for the national anthem? Yeah....
What does that even have to do with the subject on hand? The fuck?

giri

thekad said:
Woj:

Woj is often wrong, but he hits the nail on the head here. Melo choked, badly.
Why don't you bold the rest of that line that makes it stupid

When the ball leaves your hands for Jeffries, what he does with it is your responsibility. That’s how it works. Here’s something that would never, ever happen: There wasn’t a Boston Celtics star who would’ve let such a brilliant individual performance overshadow a playoff loss. Kobe Bryant(notes) wouldn’t do it. LeBron James(notes) wouldn’t do it. Derrick Rose(notes). And on and on.
When the ball leaves your hands to go to a wide open player, it's pretty much the other players responsibility. And LBJ Has done it, for the past 7 years. Check his $TAT$

reilo said:
You clearly didn't watch the game. You're basically arguing, "just because he got an assist, it doesn't mean he facilitated it!"

... But to anyone that has watched the game, he did. He didn't just throw the pass at random intervals hoping for an assist.

I didn't say he didn't deserve any assists. A said a couple weren't. And I did watch it.

Let's play a game, shall we?

Name Portland's backup point-guard:

A) Brandon Roy
B) Rudy Fernandez
C) Patty Mills

If you said B or C, you'd be wrong. Because of Portland's lack of backup point-guard, Nate has asked Brandon to play that role. So for you to say that Roy wasn't being a playmaker is silly.

I also love the "despite of" argument. It's the same argument Nate haters have thrown out over the years.

"Portland has won games despite of Nate, not because of him!"

Yeah, okay. If that's what your argument boils down to, I shouldn't bother. You've done nothing but throw out empty scenarios that never actually occurred.

Not sure what any of these things proved. I watched that game. Roy sucked in the 3rd and 4th. I don't care if there isn't a backup-point or if Roy is asked to play it. He sucked and shouldn't have been out there, even if he made a good play or two in the over half a game he played.

If Roy plays like that for that many minutes, Portland is going home quickly. And Roy can only play like that. That's my point. I see no upside for him this season.

reilo

Black Mamba said:
I didn't say he didn't deserve any assists. A said a couple weren't. And I did watch it.

Not sure what any of these things proved. I watched that game. Roy sucked in the 3rd and 4th. I don't care if there isn't a backup-point or if Roy is asked to play it. He sucked and shouldn't have been out there, even if he made a good play or two in the over half a game he played.

If Roy plays like that for that many minutes, Portland is going home quickly. And Roy can only play like that. That's my point. I see no upside for him this season.
Okay, then explain this to me.

Game 1: Roy played 24 minutes, Blazers hold a 6 point lead in the fourth, and lost by nine.
Game 2: Roy played 8 minutes, Blazers never held a lead in the fourth, and lost by twelve.

Since your logic is so sound, explain how Portland managed to lose by an even bigger margin in Game 2. After all, Roy is the reason they are losing!

giri

reilo said:
What does that even have to do with the subject on hand? The fuck?
You're going around lambasting westbrook for ignorance yet you defended one the most ignorant and selfish players in the league. Thats all.

reilo

giri said:
You're going around lambasting westbrook for ignorance yet you defended one the most ignorant and selfish players in the league. Thats all.
No, I called Westbrook stupid and challenged his intelligence. Gondo was the one claiming he was ignorant. But thanks for playing. Next time try to read the whole topic at hand, ya?

Roy choosing to stay in the hallway during the national anthem and Westbrook not knowing about a historical occurrence in his current hometown are completely different subjects.

giri

reilo said:
No, I called Westbrook stupid and challenged his intelligence. Gondo was the one claiming he was ignorant. But thanks for playing. Next time try to read the whole topic at hand, ya?

Roy choosing to stay in the hallway during the national anthem and Westbrook not knowing about a historical occurrence in his current hometown are completely different subjects.
I did read the whole thing, Westbrooks ignorance in not knowing about the oaklahoma bombing is still dumb, but excusable, you would've thought he'd have toured most parts of that town by now.

But thanks for further pointing out the hypocrisy, Roys is a deliberate choice night in night out to be offensive, selfish, and ignorant. But he's ok cause he's a blazer!

reilo said:

Game 1: Roy played 24 minutes, Blazers hold a 6 point lead in the fourth, and lost by nine.
Game 2: Roy played 8 minutes, Blazers never held a lead in the fourth, and lost by twelve.

Since your logic is so sound, explain how Portland managed to lose by an even bigger margin in Game 2. After all, Roy is the reason they are losing!

Well if this ain't the biggest pile of bullshit ever.

Roy had the worst +/- on the team in game 1. He entered the 3rd down 6, left it down 4, came back down 6, ended down 8. They lost by 8, not 9. So what if they led for a few minutes when he was in. Since when do we look at the peak and not the overall contribution?

Furthermore, Portland lost the game in 2nd quarter when Roy was in. They were outscored 26-15 in this quarter. That's where the game was truly lost.

Game 2 they got completely outplayed in the 4th. Of course, Matthews had a -4 in 36 minutes compared to Roy's -6 in just 8 minutes. S Also, Roy started the 4th with the team down 1. he left with them down 5 a couple minutes into it. Team never got it back together.

Also, I didn't say they win despite Nate. I said Nate is a good coach, but seems to make mistakes in the playoffs. And he made em in game 1. Game 2 they got beat in the 4th regardless of who was out there.

reilo

giri said:
I did read the whole thing, Westbrooks ignorance in not knowing about the oaklahoma bombing is still dumb, but excusable, you would've thought he'd have toured most parts of that town by now.

But thanks for further pointing out the hypocrisy, Roys is a deliberate choice night in night out to be offensive, selfish, and ignorant. But he's ok cause he's a blazer!
I don't think I need a lecture on what's offensive, selfish, and ignorant behavior from someone who's favorite player is Steve Nash -- a divorced father of three who cheated on his wife. But thanks for playing, hypocrite.

KingGondo

Banned
reilo said:
I don't think I need a lecture on what's offensive, selfish, and ignorant behavior from someone who's favorite player is Steve Nash -- a divorced father of three who cheated on his wife. But thanks for playing, hypocrite.
Hey, when Nicki Minaj gave Steve Nash a lapdance on stage in Phoenix the other night, it was in a very classy and MVP-esque way.

giri

reilo said:
Hypocrite would be me defending it and going out criticising others for it while defending Nash. Maybe you should use some of that time you spend learning about bombings to expand your vocab properly.

I would never have thought nash would be that person, but he did, so oh well.

KingGondo said:
Hey, when Nicki Minaj gave Steve Nash a lapdance on stage in Phoenix the other night, it was in a very classy and MVP-esque way.

Eh, he's single now. He's still not doing blow off a hookers ass. Yet. Now thats a video i do want to see!

Nash deserves all the poon as he can get because he's ugly.

For some reason, he always reminds me of that older guy on the Bad News Bears who is the rebel and leader of the team.

I have no idea why, they likely don't even look alike.

reilo

giri said:
Hypocrite would be me defending it and going out criticising others for it while defending Nash. Maybe you should use some of that time you spend learning about bombings to expand your vocab properly.

I would never have thought nash would be that person, but he did, so oh well.
"Steve Nash deserves to be traded to a team so he can win a ring" is not a hypocritical statement? Why exactly does Steve Nash deserve to win a ring? Based on what? If you're not making that statement based on his personality/character, then what?

So, yes, if you think Nash "deserves" to win a ring because he's a "good guy", then that makes you a hypocrite. Unless, of course, you've changed your mind all of the sudden.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Nash deserves all the poon as he can get because he's ugly.

For some reason, he always reminds me of that older guy on the Bad News Bears who is the rebel and leader of the team.

I have no idea why, they likely don't even look alike.
this guy
MV5BMTI3NTU3NDc1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUyMDI5Mg@@._V1._SX290_SY400_.jpg

giri

reilo said:
"Steve Nash deserves to be traded to a team so he can win a ring" is not a hypocritical statement? Why exactly does Steve Nash deserve to win a ring? Based on what? If you're not making that statement based on his personality/character, then what?
Lol, now you're just reaching, and trying to change the topic. Its ok, you can admit defeat.

reilo

giri said:
Lol, now you're just reaching, and trying to change the topic. Its ok, you can admit defeat.
No, I'm not. You've stated many times that you hope Nash at least gets traded to a contender so he can win a ring.

Why do you feel that way? If you think he deserves a ring because he's a "good guy", then that makes you a hypocrite in this situation. Nobody can be deemed a "good guy" if they cheat on their wife.

giri

reilo said:
No, I'm not. You've stated many times that you hope Nash at least gets traded to a contender so he can win a ring.

Why do you feel that way? If you think he deserves a ring because he's a "good guy", then that makes you a hypocrite in this situation. Nobody can be deemed a "good guy" if they cheat on their wife.
Its ok reilo, you got caught out, you don't have to go into hysterical woman mode and try and burn down the house.

reilo

giri said:
Its ok reilo, you got caught out, you don't have to go into hysterical woman mode and try and burn down the house.
Wow. Awesome rebuttal. Steve Nash is a piece of shit that cheated on his wife and you defended him. The end.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The Stealth Fox said:
He's just saying that to be nice.

The Thunder should never be accepted as a legitimate team in the NBA.

As a team they are good.

As a franchise they are frauds

J2 Cool

Not liking this NBA tv shit. I can understand Orlando/Atlanta, but Memphis/SA is marquee from an competitive/entertainment standpoint. Guess I'll be streaming.

Bread

Banned
The Stealth Fox said:
You will get your team back. DEVELOPERS have a plan.
I was in San Diego a year almost 2 years ago, and I met this couple who claimed that they were part of a potential ownership group with some ex-Chargers players who were going to bring a franchise back to Seattle. I guess it was bullshit.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
reilo said:

Hey hey, thats how I defend Rudy when hes not getting any minutes.

reilo

Raging Spaniard said:
Hey hey, thats how I defend Rudy when hes not getting any minutes.
Yeah, except Rudy's been sucking wind for two seasons. Roy has been struggling with his new role for two months.

Omiee

wont be able to watch the game tonight =( realy to late for me.
will def watch it on demand tomorrow, but lakers better be ready to blow out the hornets.
if they face a 2-0 hill, its going to be hard to over come it.

Omiee said:
wont be able to watch the game tonight =( realy to late for me.
will def watch it on demand tomorrow, but lakers better be ready to blow out the hornets.
if they face a 2-0 hill, its going to be hard to over come it.
Be ready for disappoiment. Lakers have shown they lack heart this year. They arent winning tonight.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
LovingSteam said:
Be ready for disappoiment. Lakers have shown they lack heart this year. They arent winning tonight.

Laker fans are so bipolar.

Hey, what avatar bet did you lose? Tell me, Im out of the loop.

reilo said:
Yeah, except Rudy's been sucking wind for two seasons. Roy has been struggling with his new role for two months.

Quiet! Nerd! D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom