• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
lil smoke said:
No. I am a fan of the game, not of players. Guys like you act like he can't play.

Really? When did I say he can't play? I have many times said he is the most talented player physically the game has ever seen. That he had the potential to be the greatest. He has a weak mind and no heart. He is all about having 'fun' and not about being the assassin that the greats were. LeBron can't lead a team to a championship, its not in him.

Great start to the 2011 Playoffs. Chicago/Pacers game was a lot more entertaining than people were expecting, and the Heat/76ers game is off to go a good start.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He can't help it no one can guard him.

He probably should have been to the line even more but maybe the iffy calls cancel out the no-calls so he was at the line about the right amount.

People at this board fail to realize that if no one can guard you, that living at the line is not a negative or unfairness.

This is what basketball is all about, who closes games like this?????

When it matters most???

Kobe used to and maybe still does but not many can will a team to victory like that when they were outplayed 99% of the way.

Nice of you to show up now.

hahahaah

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Jeff-DSA said:
Predictable NBA finish. Rose shoots more FTs than the entire Pacers team, Collison got raped under the rim in a tight game, and the home team with the MVP favorite takes it despite playing a much worse game.

Pretty much. Some of those calls for Rose were pretty crazy. But that's how it goes.

GraveRobberX said:
FUCK YOU! Heat Fans, it's the motherfucking Playoffs and the seats are still empty, fucking garbage

Love how they mask it by the whitewash, fucking ashamed

1st 6 seat row next to the locker alleyway and the 4th row all fucking empty

Shaking my head, fuck if I lived in Miami I would go to playoff game and support the team

Update: 2 people joined 1st row YAY!, home field advantage LOL
... it was that way in 1999 also. Why should things change?

The bulls have been winning like this all season, no we won't get a ring pulling this shit on the Heat or on Boston. The bulls have been playing down to the competition's level all season. They'll step it up in later rounds.

lil smoke

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Really? When did I say he can't play? I have many times said he is the most talented player physically the game has ever seen. That he had the potential to be the greatest. He has a weak mind and no heart. He is all about having 'fun' and not about being the assassin that the greats were. LeBron can't lead a team to a championship, its not in him.
Well thats better than the stupid nicknames and hyperbole. Fair enough. Carry on.

Blackface

Banned
Grimm Fandango said:
C'mon dude. There were a couple iffy calls but I definitely saw some Rose drives that had no foul called.

He shot more FT's then their team. There may have been some "no call drives" but there were some drives where he didn't get touched and got the call.

The only memorable moment I have of Rose in the playoffs is his block on Rondo. Thats it. People talk about Lebron in the clutch, Rose seems to not exist in the playoffs.

He was propped up by FT's. Hopefully he can pull it together next time. If he hit some 3's the game wouldn't have even had to be close,

TheFatOne said:
According to ESPN Shaq might be out for the Knicks series. He isn't playing game 1. Great trade by Ainge.

in Ainge we trust. :mad:

smh :(, Jermaine O'Neal starting the whole series 0_o

should have at least kept Erden , cmon

Jeff-DSA said:
Predictable NBA finish. Rose shoots more FTs than the entire Pacers team, Collison got raped under the rim in a tight game, and the home team with the MVP favorite takes it despite playing a much worse game.

Bad calls went both ways as they often do, Granger even fouled Deng late when Deng had to get a shot up, Rose was clearly fouled earlier.

The Pacers had nothing to lose, played way over their heads but talent prevailed like it often does.

Clutch talent.

The Pacers have only themselves to blame for not hitting the shots at the end when they counted(they did every other part of the game).

They played great though and it was impressive but as Granger found out, you can't stop Rose.

Helps to draw all the attention as well and the ball get kicked out to one the best shooters in the game.

Blackface said:
He shot more FT's then their team. There may have been some "no call drives" but there were some drives where he didn't get touched and got the call.

The only memorable moment I have of Rose in the playoffs is his block on Rondo. Thats it. People talk about Lebron in the clutch, Rose seems to not exist in the playoffs.

He was propped up by FT's. Hopefully he can pull it together next time. If he hit some 3's the game wouldn't have even had to be close,

I definitely agree. Not a MVP-caliber game for him despite the push at the end. He needs to get his shit together and realize this game was a lucky win.

The sea of white is pretty cool looking, definitely a NCAA vibe.

dabig2

Blackface said:

Shot more FTs than the pacers because the pacers were shooting all from the perimeter and 3...and were making something like 60% for most of the game until that final 4 minutes.

Blackface

Banned
cuevas said:
What game were you watching today?

I couldn't keep my eyes off the real mvp

JoeyCrawfordTechnicalFoul.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
wow rose is fucking insane going to the basket. not sure that he can be guarded unless you commit 3 guys and then if you do that he just kicks it out to good shooters for wide open jumpers.

He's insane cos he's very good and now if your breathe on him, he gets fts. This is even worse than Wade a few years ago. Rose is faster than pretty much everyone else but he can't shoot. So now the refs are allowing him to drive by the primary defender and fling his body into the helper for fts EVERY time. It's garbage

The Crimson Blur said:
Nice of you to show up now.

hahahaah

I was busy watching the game intently to be commenting every play like some do on here.

I would have posted win or lose and I won't be posting multiple childish pictures in one post either after the win.

TheFatOne

friskykillface said:
in Ainge we trust. :mad:

smh :(, Jermaine O'Neal starting the whole series 0_o

should have at least kept Erden , cmon

I still don't understand why they traded Erden and Harangody. Such a terrible trade. One of the worst trades I have ever seen.

commish said:
As if Boston needs shaq for this series. Knicks have no size.

Shaq is done. He isn't going to be playing in the playoffs.

overcast

Blackface said:
But he did show up.. he absolutely controlled the last few minutes.

diddles said:
rose shot 4 more freethrows than the entire pacers team HAHA
The pacers obvious strategy was to get physical with rose and force him to the line. On the other hand the Pacers were shooting Jumper the entire night.

So Heat fans, your team's not going to have any mental lapses in the playoffs, right? Because the playoffs is a whole different game right? That's why this series won't go 7 apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom