• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
dIEHARD said:
Your team struggled against a bad team, and Rose looked like shit doing it, you really want to get into this?

He won the first 2 games, hit the winning shot in the 3rd and took over the close-out game...

Oh wait, I didn't see it was you.

If only dIRon would toughen up on the court, like he does refusing to listen to coaches, he may dominate one day as well.

Gave up on coach, gave up on new team, kind of shameful.

linsivvi said:
I think most of these are credit to Jerry for being a tough negotiator, for not willing to give the max while still keeping the players happy. Don't forget Fisher and Artest's contracts are very reasonable too, and I'd bet most teams would resign Farmer to a bad contract just for the sake of not breaking up a championship core.

When Jerry passes away or goes senile, it will be a real worry since his sons are dumb asses.

DtjbX.jpg

In Jeanie We Trust!

Welp just finished watching the draft, time to watch this game. Who picked it up for the Mavs, because last time I looked they were down by like 12 I think.

dIEHARD said:
What, Derrick Rose's ass?

The ironic thing is, you mention Rose likely more than any Bulls' fan does.

He's your new Rondo, both better than your irrelevant buttbrother for life(who ironically again assfucked your franchise).

JoeFu

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
Oh, Blazers.

Outscored 33-16 in the 2nd quarter?

This one's over. I called Dallas in 7. Guess I didn't give the Mavs enough credit.
... game 4 was not even a week ago. Although Roy looks human tonight.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/6812/a-double-standard-for-james-and-wade

Let's take a look at the events of the past two games. When the Heat failed to close out Game 4 against Philadelphia, the overwhelming majority of the blame was placed on LeBron after he had a potential game-tying floater blocked on the Heat's final possession. This was the case even though Wade had missed a pull-up jumper one possession earlier and had two 3s drained right in his face. The outcry was unanimous: Wade should have taken the last shot.

Of course, Wade is 0-5 in last-shot situations this season, but every one of those shots was apparently impressive enough to make LeBron's failed floater particularly egregious.

When the Heat actually managed to win a close one in Game 5, there were some issues with Wade's performance in the waning minutes of the game. After he missed on an out-of-control layup attempt that Chris Bosh rebounded and drew a foul on, Wade received a technical foul for taking issue with the non-call.

Think about that for a second: In a one-possession game, Wade cost his team a point for arguing that he should be shooting free throws instead of his teammate, who happens a better free throw shooter.

Later in the game, with the final seconds ticking off the clock and the 76ers declining to foul, Wade punctuated the series with an uncontested dunk that Spencer Hawes would later call "bush league." It was the kind of behavior that becomes an instant controversy with LeBron, but it was a non-issue with Wade, just like the technical foul.

Imagine, just for a second, what the reaction would have been if James had been whistled for the technical, then thrown in that salt-in-the-wound dunk to end the series. While the power of winning as the ultimate deodorant should never be underestimated, I can't imagine that those things would have been complete non-issues if James had done them.

lol sucks to be you lebron

Branduil

Black Mamba said:
You ready to take out the Mavs in round 2? Jason Terry doesn't have much help on that team, so Lakers should roll 'em.
You can't count out Portland yet, but either way, the second round shouldn't go longer than six. Portland looks a lot worse than they did before the playoffs, and Dallas is still Dallas.

Resilient

ghostofsparta said:
I wouldn't bet on the Mavs winning tonight just yet. Lets not forget what happened a few days ago.

But damn I sure hope so.

This.

I expect a massive implosion from Branduil if Mavs make it through and we end up with LAL v DAL. Damn, Western conference.

diehard

Fleer
AShep said:
Sure mate. You're the one that feels the need to make shit personal every time. Get a life, it's fucking sad the way you latch onto people.
Personal? Lol who got Personal? You too salty bro.

THRILLH0

Banned
dIEHARD said:
Personal? Lol who got Personal? You too salty bro.

All the LLL shit is old dude. Now "lol your dick in Rose's ass!!!1!"

It's annoying to come and post positively in support of my team only for people like you to respond with the equivalent of "derp you only started watching teh basketball 2 weeks ago".

I've been lurking this thread for years so I know there's an antagonistic tone that's pretty much accepted here but some people take it too far. I try to keep my posts basketball related but half your shtick is questioning people's credentials to post anonymously on a videogame forum. I ain't salty man, i'm just tired of your bullshit.

dream said:
He's right. Wade blows as much as Lebron does but he doesn't get any flak for it because his decision wasn't televised.

I think a lot of that as well is that LeBron is talked about as being the best player in the league moreso than Wade.

The best players are supposed to close out games.

Personally, I think Wade is better but that's irrelevant.

diehard

Fleer
AShep said:
All the LLL shit is old dude. Now "lol your dick in Rose's ass!!!1!"

I try to keep my posts basketball related but half your shtick is questioning people's credentials to post anonymously on a videogame forum. I ain't salty man, i'm just tired of your bullshit.
I'm gonna go ahead and be a friend and save you some heartbreak, if you think im bad you should probably stay away from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom