• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Nine Thread: Clemson, Clemsoned

El_Chino

Am I the only one watching the epic battle for the Little Brown Jug?

Normally a wave of revulsion and nausea overcomes me when I see Michigan, but I'm managing to keep it in check....so long as Minnesota doesn't completely fall apart. Which they will. But until then....
Here I am rooting for Michigan...

Here I am rooting for Michigan...

martin-sheen-west-wing-president-be-wrong.gif

But, I respect everyone's right to have a wrong opinion.

No snark, I hope Michigan's QB isn't hurt too badly.

Velcro Fly

Well Rudock was shit but that was not the result I wanted to see

Surprised no flag seeing as he got hit in the head

Kelly Deterding, the Big 12 official who made the horrible targeting call vs. Texas Tech today vs. Oklahoma State, is also the same guy who famously bumped into Texas Longhorn's coach Charlie Strong and then flagged him for 15 yrds Unsportsmanlike Conduct during THEIR close game vs. Oklahoma State earlier this season.

:-/

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Much needed pick there for Temple, if only to keep ND from putting more points on the board before the half.

Still no protection for the QB.

El_Chino

Tonight, we are all gopher fans except Chino who likes to be on the wrong side of history.

So does the SEC East..
Haha I agree, for once I would like Florida, Georgia, Tennessee be locked in for a tight race. It would make the SEC more exciting overall. Hell, let's see if Kentucky could get on it too.
I agree, but it doesn't have to be Michigan. It can be anyone other than Michigan.

Why?

Minnesota has had enough bad news this week. I can't help but hope they win.
Nothing like a Michigan/Ohio State game where a loss could have national championship implications.

Why?

Minnesota has had enough bad news this week. I can't help but hope they win.

It could be Nebraska! Right, guys? Right?!

*goes back to weeping softly*

I guess because it will hurt Urban Meyer somehow? .. even though it makes little sense to cheer for Michigan when Minny winning makes the West better when it is the worst division among the Power Five Conferences and considering that Minny has gone through so much shit over this week.

As far as the second...

hOI0YUJ.gif

El_Chino

I guess because it will hurt Urban Meyer somehow? .. even though it makes little sense to cheer for Michigan when Minny winning makes the West better when it is the worst division among the Power Five Conferences and considering that Minny has gone through so much shit over this week.

As far as the second...

hOI0YUJ.gif
Oh you guys, always getting bothered by others rooting for teams you don't like. Me going for Michigan has nothing to do with Urban lol, let's get that out of the way.

If Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa and Nebraska could be even a little decent each year the west wouldn't look so bad.

Oh you guys, always getting bothered by others rooting for teams you don't like. Me going for Michigan has nothing to do with Urban lol, let's get that out of the way.

If Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa and Nebraska could be even a little decent each year the west wouldn't look so bad.

Sooo... it's better to cheer for Minny... because Michigan isn't doing shit this year and they will survive with losing here especially if they beat Ohio State.

Plus Minny needs the win more so they can continue to try to build with Jerry being gone.

I don't think you understand the pure, undiluted hatred Ohio State and Michigan have for each other. There is no adjective in the English language sufficient to quantify it and it goes on both sides. Woody Hayes used to bring his own water to Michigan. I can't think of any rivalry anywhere near as bad as ours.

But it's not our fault. It's the fault of that horrible Team Up North.

And Toledo. It's Toledo's fault too.

Yaaaas 4th down.

I don't think you understand the pure, undiluted hatred Ohio State and Michigan have for each other. There is no adjective in the English language sufficient to quantify it and it goes on both sides. Woody Hayes used to bring his own water to Michigan. I can't think of any rivalry anywhere near as bad as ours.

But it's not our fault. It's the fault of that horrible Team Up North.

And Toledo. It's Toledo's fault too.

Don't blame Toledo.. Blame those dumb biiiiiiiitches in Michigan for being mad that cartographers gave Toledo to Ohio and they needed to get involved with in a dick measuring contest and they lost.

squicken

I cannot believe Oklahoma lost to this Texas team. I mean I can b/c it's a weird rivalry game, but still, Texas is as bad as I have ever seen them

Don't blame Toledo.. Blame those dumb biiiiiiiitches in Michigan for being mad that cartographers gave Toledo to Ohio and they needed to get involved with in a dick measuring contest and they lost.

I'm trying to be diplomatic. I was willing to take some small blame for part of the reason why Michigan Football is so terrible.

We'll give Toledo an extra special hug later.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Maybe Duke will beat Wake for that 7th win. If you can't beat a team without their starting QB, best WR and the week right after a chaotic coaching change, you don't get to question lackluster fan support. You don't deserve better fan support. So shut up about better fan support.

I'm trying to be diplomatic. I was willing to take some small blame for part of the reason why Michigan Football is so terrible.

We'll give Toledo an extra special hug later.

Adam... there's diplomacy and then there is the truth.

Plus they got the better end of the deal with the Michigan territory.

xeris

I'm just pissed that y'all didn't claim Detroit as war spoils too.

Adam... there's diplomacy and then there is the truth.

Plus they got the better end of the deal with the Michigan territory.

The real loser was Wiscy since we got the UP out of the deal.

Forget that. As a 49er fan, I sided with Harbaugh in the acrimonious split. That, and Ohio State's the worst, as Yaboosh would say.

Go Michigan.

The hell with your khaki wearing God then Randy.. I used to cheer for Duke in the ACC, but no longer.

The SEC East is a division.

I know.. I was saying that the SEC East needs to improve and he was talking about the BIG as a whole. The East is dogshit and the BIG West is Dogshit and worse than the SEC East (by far).

That's why it's better for Minny to win when they need to keep all of the momentum built under Jerry.

I'm just pissed that y'all didn't claim Detroit as war spoils too.

I think we were the real winner in this exchange.. Plus Cleveland and Detroit in the same state.. the state would just be renamed as Depression.

lush

Evan Berry with his 3rd kickoff return of the year. Then sutton with a punt return touchdown immediately following.

Is too early to call for a LSU vs Florida rematch?

It was ugly on both sides.

It was? I mean Treon wasn't very efficient but we had 400+ yards of offense and got 5 turnovers. Taylor had 121 yards and Scarlett 96. Callaway had another 100+ yard game. Line protected pretty well. Certainly started out ugly but overall I think it was a pretty solid game.

Is Miami going to have a meltdown?

Top Bottom