• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 12 - Big 12 Championship Weekend Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

I don't blame him, nor do I blame any other college athlete who chooses to publicly complain about fucking garbage coaching.

Urb has the power to do what he wants with Zeke for the next month-and-a-half, but I don't blame Zeke a bit for calling a spade a spade.

Urb would be doing a favor if he benched Zeke anyway. Protect him for the NFL.

Mark May predicted an OSU blowout.

Tbh I think every analyst or spread predictor had an OSU win in big fashion. I didn't see one who liked MSU.

The underdog has now won 4 straight games outright in this matchup.

Well, the analysts had factored in Connor Cook being out as a bigger factor than what it was.

O'Connor played well and being a wet day where running was used more, the QB factor wasnt as big as if it was played in good conditions.

I won about $20 by backing MSU +14.5pts, so I am happy.

Well, the analysts had factored in Connor Cook being out as a bigger factor than what it was.

O'Connor played well and being a wet day where running was used more, the QB factor wasnt as big as if it was played in good conditions.

I won about $20 by backing MSU +14.5pts, so I am happy.

Yeah that spread was nuts and easy money

Warriner's complete fucking ineptitude, probably more than anything else, cost Zeke a shot a Heisman this season.

So Zeke has a right to complain. Loudly.

Draconian

:jnc at Elliott's meltdown after the game. Good to see that when the going gets tough, he completely unravels. Nice team unity there Urbz.

Kacar

Sometimes when people are frustrated/pissed off they say stupid things. Not that I disagree with his comments but more with the timing.

Interested to see how we play vs Mich now that basically our entire team has declared for the draft.

lololoLSU

giphy.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sometimes when people are frustrated/pissed off they say stupid things. Not that I disagree with his comments but more with the timing.

Interested to see how we play vs Mich now that basically our entire team has declared for the draft.

shouldn't be allowed to play, under threat of being ineligible becauseof declaring for the draft.

Should be the rule, but it's not.

yep, great game to get on the Michigan underdog line.

Michigan would love to beat tOSU, and tOSU players' minds have already finished this season.

andycapps

Zeke openly calling out the play calling now.

"I deserve more than 11 carries".

"Coaching staff didn't put us in a position to win".

Not a good look.
He's not wrong but you can't say that shit to the media. He's going to be in the doghouse this week.

They might need some media training on the Buckeyes.

Oh shit, saw the quote that Elliott said it was his last game at the Shoe. No chance he comes back next year.

Damn son!

Who else will be going pro after this season? Some heart problems for Urban incoming.

He's not wrong but you can't say that shit to the media. He's going to be in the doghouse this week.

They might need some media training on the Buckeyes.

Oh shit, saw the quote that Elliott said it was his last game at the Shoe. No chance he comes back next year.

Damn son!

One thing Tress did pretty well, he took all of his players through media training every single year

Man im bummed about Zeke. He's not wrong at all, but you expect more from the leaders of your team, you keep that shit internal. Lots of resect lost

It's a shame to see zeke lashing out. The play calling was abysmal for sure but that don't matter. Urban needs to consider benching him for a portion of ttun game.

Jhriad

.@EricSeger33: Ezekiel Elliott: "This is my last game in The 'Shoe. There's no chance I'm coming back."

Next years gonna blow

"Oh, I've won a National Championship, lost fewer games in three years than most teams lose in a single year, and I've only known a fan base that's one of the most devoted out there."

"Fuck this place, I'm out."

Sack up you whiny bitch. At least keep your complaints inside the locker room. He's only hurting himself and his school by running his mouth like that.

Beck and Warriner burning everything to the ground.

Welcome to Nebraska Ohio State! I mean, if you want a coach to develop some great quarterbacks you get the guy that coached Taylor Martinez, right?!

bachikarn

I'm really curious to know what the boosters are thinking. A bunch of angry people on the Net are one thing, but if the moneyed people aren't happy...

He has like a $15M buyout, and the season is going to be crazy for coaching turnover. It would be way smarter for them to wait a year and see how it goes, and consider a change next year. If they fired him this year, I can easily see them ending up for a less desirable coach.

Lonestar

Yep. Everyone saw this movie back at UF. Meyer still has a chance to fix this, but he needs to act now and make the hard decisions.

Soon as Urbz saw some competition in the SEC, first came player meltdowns, then the health problems.

Its over, Buckeyes. Over.

andycapps

Soon as Urbz saw some competition in the SEC, first came player meltdowns, then the health problems.

Its over, Buckeyes. Over.
I mean I was kidding some earlier, but seeing Ezekiel lash out at me shows me that Urban doesn't have that locker room under control. Need to take care of that stat or it'll be another situation like he had with the Gatas.

I mean I was kidding some earlier, but seeing Ezekiel lash out at me shows me that Urban doesn't have that locker room under control. Need to take care of that stat or it'll be another situation like he had with the Gatas.

I think this is also a product of recruiting nationally, you get guys in who dont love the university. When you focus locally you get guys who were buckeyes before and will be forever, when you get nationally you get guys who are just blips then are gone.

But man, i thought Zeke was better than this

Lonestar

I think this is also a product of recruiting nationally, you get guys in who dont love the university. When you focus locally you get guys who were buckeyes before and will be forever, when you get nationally you get guys who are just blips then are gone.

we've been recruiting nationally too, and had some disastrous loses, way worse than osun, and we've never had players say anything like this, or fight coaches like Percy Harvin did at Florida.

I don't see Zeke's comments tonight as evidence that he doesn't like the university.

He's pissed off (justifiably, in my opinion) at garbage coaching that has cost both the team and him personally.

And I don't think "liking the university" has anything to do with anything, quite frankly. Let's be honest here: We're talking about young men who generate millions and millions of dollars for their universities and get barely any of it in return. If they don't like the university, I can't really blame them.

ag-my001

Don't like the start of the A&M game. We've had to settle for field goals, and eventually Vandy will break through. We were just gifted a terrible pass interference call, so points would be nice here.

DominoKid

Damn yall are tough on Zeke lmao. All I see is a dude that just wanted to win his last home game (regardless of the outcome) and the coaching staff let him down. If he didnt care about it he wouldnt have said what he said.

It wasnt the right thing to do but hes not wrong.

I don't see Zeke's comments tonight as evidence that he doesn't like the university.

He's pissed off (justifiably, in my opinion) at garbage coaching that has cost both the team and him personally.

Oh no doubt, but man you gotta keep that shit inside, you dont air your dirty laundry. Let the fans say that stuff to Urban on the call in show monday, you can let one loss unravel everything.

Kacar

Urban Richt has lost control of the OSU locker rooom.

Yes, it's a bad look I agree.

But literally nothing was fucking working. Last year we had at least 3 10+ yard passes on the first drive against MSU. And by all metrics they are worse this year in pass defense. We didn't even attempt 3 passes that far this game. So it's easy to see where he's coming from.

It's either accept the normal playerspeak or blast them for speaking their mind for once.

In the end though I agree he should of just kept it internal and brought it up with the coaches out of the media eye.

Repeats are hard for this exact reason, the 'curse of more' that everyone talks about. Either way the 2014 title lives forever.

And I don't think "liking the university" has anything to do with anything, quite frankly. Let's be honest here: We're talking about young men who generate millions and millions of dollars for their universities and get barely any of it in return. If they don't like the university, I can't really blame them.

Looking at this though: https://twitter.com/EricSeger33/status/668227322680623105/photo/1

If that's a staph (or worse, MRSA) infection then it's really hard to say he's "100%". That shit is no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom