• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

concord-LMAO.jpg
This is my new favorite picture! HAHAHA

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
A major flop and you have to give them credit for owning it and even giving the refunds. That's how reasonable leadership handles these things. Learn from these mistakes.

Nydius

Not that I wan't this woke gaas to succeed, far from that, but they should have given the refund and made it free to play immediately.

Nah, this is the right call. No one is going to play it even if it’s free to play. When it was free for a weekend, it couldn’t break 2500 CCU on PC and I doubt it was much better on PS5. Even IF it had been 10x higher than PC, that still wouldn’t have been enough to economically keep it operational.

Free to play was never going to fix this train wreck. It simply would have been an endless money pit.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Hopefully one of the lessons learned here is the importance of a public beta. One that is focused on collecting and responding to user feedback instead of the glorified demos these games get 2 months before release.

Also, there's a reason battle passes are a thing. Charging $40 for this game was a dumb decision.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It would be funny if they redeveloped the game to be the greatest team based single player/co-op space adventure game of the decade and everyone loves it.

havoc00

I think the worst part about all of this is how close they were, but still so far. Some people were still able to find fun in it, and that's great. I'm glad, honestly, for fans and the devs. But it just wasn't enough. Just more of the same with a higher production value, rather than anything really new or innovative.
The actual gameplay was fine, gunplay was good, sound design top notch etc….. but it did have a lot of things going against it. I think if more people were objective they would agree the gameplay was solid.

N30RYU

How is the news been taken on REEEE?
Can someoen PM a link... don't wanna give them more clicks than necessary.
Thanks

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
How much is Sony willing to invest into Firewalk and Concord to redesign the game to accommodate for a sustainable F2P model?

giphy.gif

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
I don’t think the game is ever going back online as F2P or have a 2.0 launch. It’s dead

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
How is the news been taken on REEEE?
Can someoen PM a link... don't wanna give them more clicks than necessary.
Thanks

Culture war pricks stoked cynicism around a game in a genre that people are growing apprehensive about to begin with, culminating in one of the most fun multiplayer experiences of the generation being killed in a move that will only empower the worst scumbags in the gaming community.

About how you'd expect lol

Also I just remembered, what stings more about this is that Sony cancelled a Spiderman PvE co-op game and they cancelled TLOU 2 Factions and bet a ton of money on an entirely new unproven IP.

I could have been swinging in the streets of New York with a team of Spiderbros.

Maestr0

Well, hope it teaches a good lesson to all company on why this game failed, if not, then may disaster falls upon you

Last edited:

N30RYU

Also I just remembered, what stings more about this is that Sony cancelled a Spiderman PvE co-op game and they cancelled TLOU 2 Factions and bet a ton of money on an entirely new unproven IP.

I could have been swinging in the streets of New York with a team of Spiderbros.

Agree... I would take Factions, coop spidy and gaas killzone over anything else

FeralEcho

Clap Reaction GIF

Biggest financial bomb of the generation. Congratz Sony,both your woke and gaas initiatives are paying off so well.

Hope all the losers responsible for this garbage get fired and publicly shamed.Hermen Hulst the useless as well.

And just to be sure it doesn't happen again they should rehire Slim Jimmy Ryan for all his brilliant initiatives and then just fire him the next day.Just to prove a point.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I wonder if they’ll redesign and rename the characters for a rerelease?

I’ve got a feeling this isn’t dead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom