• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

When you go woke, you go broke.

In all seriousness, what did they expect though.. it was dead way before arrival.
They got their heads so far up their collective asses that they expect profit and praise on every action they take.
IMG_3107.jpg
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Logic has been lost on you for a while now, especially when it comes to your piece of plastic.

You care about your piece of plastic and trying to say which plastics are the biggest bombs of all time more than I am as some sort of revenge dig

Like when your favorite sports team dominates for a decade and one year has a losing streak but the opposing fan base blows it out of proportion without looking at their own lousy record

Glass houses, mate

havoc00

Yea, but I had no interest in playing it. This sudden development is kinda historic honestly. I did the same thing with Anthem. Didn't play the beta but when it went down in flames I went and bought a copy for 5 bucks at Gamestop, just to have the game in case it shutdown. Which proved to be mostly unnecessary because I believe Anthem servers are still going.
XDefiant may be the next game to disappear don’t forgot to try that

Sony absolutely made the right call. This was a mercy killing and they are refunding everyone. You simply can’t force people to give a shit about your GaaS slop. Biggest mistake Sony made was not delaying this and quietly canceling it after there were tumbleweeds blowing through their beta. Ubisoft has done this with several flopped GaaS attempts.

I see we've already entered the even MORE entertaining "it's everyone else's fault" stage. This shit is my favorite. From bigot conspiracies to white people to Sony to probably some dev suffering from Covid symptoms to who the fuck knows what, never ever the actual game nor studio.

Kenan Thompson Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Quantum253

Gold Member
Hopefully, this is a watershed moment for the industry.

Fuck off with your pronoun trans gay vegan non-binary pagan environmental bullshit. Fuck off, fuck off, fuck off.

We’re done. No one will fund this bollocks anymore.
Well crap, don't look into Dustborn being funded by taxes. There are big programs that will pay studios to make games to fight "disinformation"

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Logic has been lost on you for a while now, especially when it comes to your piece of plastic.
Not sure why he is trying to spin this in any direction other than it will be one of the biggest flops ever and very likely the overall leader in the clubhouse of flops considering 200 mil, 8 years dev time for 2 weeks of being online

near

Gold Member
The fact that they are pulling the game is embarrassing but that’s really not a barometer for being the “greatest flop of all time” hyperbole
I can't think of many AAA budget GaaS games that released and had their servers shut down in less than 2 weeks. Refunds granted to boot. They/them marketed the shit out of this game, threw it in our faces time and time again. This will go down in gaming history, nothing hyperbole about the reaction.

Fbh

Now it's time for everyone on Ps5 and PC to come together as a community so we can gaslight Sony into thinking we always loved the characters and world, so they can pull another Morbius and bring back Concord for it to bomb twice.

bill nye GIF by NETFLIX

Not sure why he is trying to spin this in any direction other than it will be one of the biggest flops ever and very likely the overall leader in the clubhouse of flops considering 200 mil, 8 years dev time for 2 weeks of being online

There’s no doubt it’s a big flop, but biggest flop of all time? Please. Nobody in this thread shitting on its grave gave a fuck about this game ever.

Bigger flops come from high expectations

Reaseru

The game made so little money that SIE didn't even mind to refund the people who wasted money on it.

Goodbye Concord and (hopefully) the stubborn retards who made it.

Last edited:

sachos

AAA single player games
Not only that, with the money they spent on this and Bungie imagine all the smaller scale AA games they could have funded. I think every first party studio should have 1 or 2 teams constantly iterating on smaller scale games, like a perpetual game jam.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
There’s no doubt it’s a big flop, but biggest flop of all time? Please. Nobody in this thread shitting on its grave gave a fuck about this game ever.

So expectations are something we can't measure which fits some people's narratives

Personally time and money spent on this and being a Sony 1st party title that Sony bought this studio because they showed them this game is in fact measurable

Zacfoldor

Its honestly a shitty move for consumers. Sony should keep it up a year minimum for the few people that bought it. But they're scrapping it instantly to save themselves money.
Imaging they kept going and selling someone the game today for 40 dollars when there are already < 100 players on steam.

The game could not sustain itself, so selling it for any money was worse than shutting it down and preventing others from spending their money on it.

I know what you mean though. I agree the situation was not ideal.

Last edited:
Lmao. I can’t help but laugh after watching this whole thing unfold, to devs shitting on players that didn’t like it. Makes sense. Stop the bleeding now and not pay for all the costly infrastructure to run the game online. Just cut it off now. But will they actually learn from this????

Ogbert

Gold Member

This is pure copium.

It is by far the biggest flop from any modern studio. It’s being taken out back and assassinated.

They don’t want the game associated with the brand. They want it to be wiped from public memory.

So there were no expectations despite $100M+ poured into this project? Sure.

When did I say it didn’t have any expectations at all?

Of course they wanted it to be the next big hero shooter, but it’s not like it’s some tentpole franchise. These GaaS titles are a lottery ticket. Expectations of some failures are baked into the cake of expectations

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

So there were no expectations despite the $100M+ poured into this project? Sure.
Who knows?

Iirc there's an interview with Cory Barlog floating around, think it was about GOW 2018, where he talks about how Sony let him try out a project that didnt work out prior to GOW 2018 which had cost ~150M or something.

So it's not like Sony doesn't invest such amounts of money into projects that might not lead anywhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom