• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

sainraja

Astounding failure.

Sony cutting their losses very early, wouldn't be surprised to see Firewalk shuttered after this.
I hope not, failure can be a good learning tool for the team - so they might not fumble next time. I think they should get another chance. Hopefully they make better decisions. :D

Even Suicide Squad rolled out two seasons and didnt just give up
From the blog, it didn't sound like they are giving up. It sounded like they are going to be exploring other options and work on feedback they have received. Could be going F2P, could be outright cancellation and new project, or as some others are saying, could be closure of the studio. Who knows.

Last edited:

Ultros

Banned
Holy hell, that was really fast. Wonder how much money Sony is losing/have lost/will lose with their live service push? I think it's time that PlayStation gets moved back to Japan where it belongs. And if Sony hates their own country of origin then move it back to Japan and bring back Andrew House

Last edited:
Well… at least they are doing right by their customers. So there’s that.

I wonder if we’ll see a fast reskin and f2p relaunch. The base game is solid, so it coukd be done.

Also I listened to half of the latest EasyAllies podcast this morning and they went on and on about how amazing the game is 😆

Wonder how long before it comes back F2P or if they even bother.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Wow.

Don't think they'll completely abandon it though. I think they'll rework this game and give it one last push imo.

They would be stupid to throw the whole thing out.

This, the main mechanic of the game isn't even bad. They know how to make a fps game. It's just most of the things around it that doesn't appeal people. Personally i would love to see a singleplayer game out of it with co-op support. If they rework the artstyle a bit (it doesn't even have to be a full rework), i can see myself playing it.

Saber

Mod of War Mod of War can we unban Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping for his measured and reasoned take?
Eric Andre GIF

Vlodril

I mean they could try to do a ffxiv thing with it. Re tool it (especially the art) and release it in a a few months or a year as f2p with a store. Not sure how successful that would be but might as well. It's not like the refunds will tank them money wise.

HogIsland

Holy shit. This is the biggest flop I can remember. Hopefully they can iterate on the tech with a more interesting concept and more original gameplay ideas. I think they have the building blocks to make some thing fans will like. The way that Forenite started as a kind of tower defense game and quickly pivoted to Battle Royale would be a good case study.

nowhat

I wonder if we’ll see a fast reskin and f2p relaunch.
I think F2P is given, but I hope they take some time with it. According to those who've played it (no personal experience, not my kind of game at all) the fundamentals are solid, but the modes/maps/whatnot could use some more work. I doubt they'll change the roster much though.

Tsaki

I mean they could try to do a ffxiv thing with it. Re tool it (especially the art) and release it in a a few months or a year as f2p with a store. Not sure how successful that would be but might as well. It's not like the refunds will tank them money wise.
lol no they can't. These aren't seasoned Japanese devs getting fucked by circumstance and willing to do 14 hour work days to fix their shit. Watch as the they/thems get on twitter to lambast their capitalist overlords instead of blaming their own lack of artistic vision

Top Bottom