• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

Topher

Gold Member
92a299.jpg

StereoVsn

About how gamers are bad and how hate culture is to blame, no doubt.
Yep, clearly this was the work of GamerGate incela, racists and ne'er-do-wells!

Edit: On a more serious note I don’t think F2P will help. All they are going to be doing is throwing more money on the pyre.

The game has such a negative perception I don’t see how Sony can right it even if they will throw in bunch of anime girl skins for every character.

Last edited:

sainraja

Great job buying this studio Sony. Wasting tens of millions on this shit. Unreal. Watching the player count on Steam was at least marginally interesting though.
The game was a miss... but that doesn't necessarily mean the studio purchase was a complete waste. If Sony does shut them down, then yeah. But I feel like the team just made some poor design decisions but can make a decent game. I know that is not enough but I think there is promise.

Last edited:

Natsuko

So this must be the quickie among games?

But Kudos ... they take the thing offline straight away and don't go wild trying to save anything. They wouldn't have been the first to do that. Better a quick end.

plane crash GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
"Hey, Helldivers 2 sure was successful, seems like we can charge thirty bucks for any multiplayer game and people will buy it! Get the trailer out!"

Elios83

I wouldn't waste any time in turning this game into f2p, reputation is tainted, it will be long forgotten, Sony simply doesn't need it, it's just a botched gaas attempt.
The team should just be used to speed up development of other projects as a support team for now until they decide if it's the case to let them work on something completely different.

Certinty

Makes more sense this way.

Rather than waiting out a few months before going F2P it’s better to just refund everyone, take it offline and have an entirely new launch when it inevitably goes free.

Still think that will fail but I get it.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Smart move to be honest.

Pull it, spend a year re-packaging it -because let's be honest the fundamentals aren't the problem- and come back with a fresh name, look and quite possibly different economic model.

Quantum253

Gold Member
"we also recognize that other aspects of the game and our initial launch didn’t land the way we’d intended."

It landed exactly as everyone said it would. Feedback and constructive criticisms on character designs were abundant.
This is equivalent to spending 4 years in college; being told by professors that your going to be making 6 figure salaries in high level managerial roles. Only to graduate and find that's not how it works.

Concord will be FTP, but it's already a meme. Sony should move on, fire the staff who pushed for the designs, and sue Sweet Baby for their part

ssringo

Honestly, I'm now  incredibly interested in what changes they make before relaunching. Just a f2p pivot? A redo of the terrible character designs? Ass n titties skins?

Assuming they aren't already planning to kill it off down the line.

They sell physical disc of the game. Are you supposed to get refund through sony or the random gamestore.
Also reminds me of the cyberpunk refund situation, karma is a bitch huh. 😂😂

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I said it in other threads, this was by far the best option for them. There was no way in hell they could keep this going with the 24/7 nonstop negative press and low player counts.

Last edited:
They had committed to a pretty aggressive roadmap for future updates. So they could either refund everyone (a few million dollars), or sink ANOTHER few million dollars into development to appease the few players the game had. Easy decision, from a financial prospective.
That shows me that unlike a lot Western companies, Sony actually wants to be s successful business. They don't want to just take huge losses by throwing money at something like Disney does just to push a message. If Concord does come back, it won't be just free to play, it's going to look very different. Sony wants to make money and not be a vehicle for activists.

I'm nobody

PlayStation Takes Concord Offline:

"Explore options, including those that will better reach our players."

"While we determine the best path ahead, Concord sales will cease immediately and we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased the game for PS5 or PC. If you purchased the game for PlayStation 5 from the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Direct, a refund will be issued back to your original payment method."

They're wiping the team. Concord sounds like a prototype name, not a franchise.

I've never seen a Mandela effect like this before. Co workers have watched the trailer and then swear they've never even heard of this.

An entire population has subconsciously disassociated with complete apathy.

Top Bottom