• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord real open beta is live

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I see, couldn't figure out why you brought up such a random game. Did that actually get cancelled after the Beta? No Launch at all?
What he said :)

It was a live service game that had “design by committee” written all over it, did abysmal Concord-like numbers during its beta, then got canceled before they even released it. Do you see any parallels here?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
How old are you?

I'm old and thats irrelevant.

the most important thing about this game is that it's a gaas game chasing trends. Let me elaborate on why I compared it to hellblade 2.

That game is an indie game made by a small studio that was on gamepass day one.

It got panned for days and weeks, mocked for its low sales numbers and players on steam. A single player game that's 6 hours long.

This is a big gaas title that's got adverts everywhere and is literally a game made to drag large numbers of players to sustain it. It's one thing to do is draw players in and retain them.

It's beyond flopped. I just highlighted that I don't think any of saw a timeline where this game would perform worse than that.

So, yeah. I think you're trying to do something here and it ain't it.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

• 1,038 users right now
  • 1,666 24-hour peak
  • 2,388 all-time peak 2 days ago
Sony right now:
OyzX2HL.gif

...and that's with free beta, shared codes. What happens when it goes retail with full price?

The devs working on Hyenas were fucked over, hard. Because it never got past beta, most of the game is under wraps. So people who worked on it full time for several years can’t legally show any of the work they did on it. That’s a hell of a portfolio gap. At least Firewalk is past that stage.

Killjoy-NL

It got panned for days and weeks, mocked for its low sales numbers and players on steam. A single player game that's 6 hours long.

This is a big gaas title that's got adverts everywhere and is literally a game made to drag large numbers of players to sustain it. It's one thing to do is draw players in and retain them.
One thing to point out though, is that Hellblade 2 had been hyped up for a couple years by the Xbox fanboys as being a generation defining game.

Concord had barely any hype or marketing before the gameplay reveal and even after the reveal people were iffy on the game, with some people saying they would wait for the betas before writing the game off.

clarky

Gold Member

the most important thing about this game is that it's a gaas game chasing trends. Let me elaborate on why I compared it to hellblade 2.

It's beyond flopped. I just highlighted that I don't think any of saw a timeline where this game would perform worse than that.

They have absolutely zero in common, and are in no way comparable, like you have just pointed out.

GHG

Gold Member
Sony should cancel the game and get a tax write off. Maybe save some money from this bomb.

It's not even just about the money, it's reputational damage at this point.

People will be less inclined to give their next GAAS release a chance after this shitshow.

It's not even just about the game mechanics either, them going full woke with this makes me wonder who the fuck is working there that permanently resides on Resetera and thinks that's an accurate reflection of the world we live in.

Just refund anyone stupid enough to pre-order this and cancel the game.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

People will be less inclined to give their next GAAS release a chance after this shitshow.

It's not even just about the game mechanics either, them going full woke with this makes me wonder who the fuck is working there that permanently resides on Resetera and thinks that's an accurate reflection of the world we live in.
Try telling their Discord that they need to drop the Woke agenda if they want at least the smallest chance to draw in players with non-Woke post-launch support.

Mods try to move away from the subject.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member

Just refund anyone stupid enough to pre-order this and cancel the game.
Lot of pressure on Fairgame$ now lol.

That's bomb number 2 if you ask me.

GHG

Gold Member
Try telling their Discord that they need to drop the Woke agenda if they want at least the smallest chance to draw in players with non-Woke post-launch support.

Mods try to move away from the subject.

So they are going the cho-chamber feedback route that I've witnessed first hand many a time with previous Xbox title alphas and betas?

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

The people responsible won't have jobs in a few months if there's any justice.

bender

What time is it?
While the foundation seems solid enough and there are other problems (map design, an also-ran in a crowded market), I just can't imagine how anyone thought those character designs would appeal to...well...anyone. They do realize these games monetize by people wanting to buy costumes, emotes, and whatnot for characters, right?

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I think they have a bigger chance if it's some type of Payday/Siege game.
Definitely and i quite like those types of games, but i got The Finals vibes from the trailer (only because of the $ i think lol) and that game is half decent and still struggling.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

Man… I expected this to flop when I saw the reveal trailer, but it’s doing WAY worse than I imagined. This game is DOA.

I suspect higher ups are right now debating whether to launch it as F2P, delay it indefinitely, or just cancel it and write it off as a loss. They can’t be stupid enough to launch at $40 after seeing these #s, can they?

Luipadre

I would love to be a fly on the wall of Sony HQ to see their reaction when based Japanese Astro outsells this western dogshit live service slop. Fairgames is also DOA and hopefully Marathon too.

This is their fate. This is what they chose. There is no turning back.
It will be funny to see how big of a fail concord will be both critically and commercially and how successful astrobot will be 1 month later, a japanese ps2 era single player platformer game.

Pedro Motta

Gold Member

Concord was never brought up as the second coming of Christ.

Concord has actual gameplay, whether you like or not.

Yes, you're a manchild.

Well, at least if this bombs, that will put an end to the talk of pivoting Marathon towards hero shooter territory. So there’s that.

As for Fairgames, we aren’t exactly drowning in good heist games. Concord has felt like the weakest link since they revealed what type of game it was.

bender

What time is it?

tumblr_n7bkdugkp11tdwy8zo7_250.gif

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Whats with Hyena's fella? did it steal you lunch or something?

ZHlSJiK.jpeg

The developers honestly thought a game with characters like this (including the middle one who was supposed to be some trans pop idol mega star) would appeal and sell.

After the beta SEGA just cancelled the entire thing, they knew what was coming. Apparently playstation aren't that self aware.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
ZHlSJiK.jpeg

The developers honestly thought a game with characters like this (including the middle one who was supposed to be some trans pop idol mega star) would appeal and sell.

After the beta SEGA just cancelled the entire thing, they knew what was coming.
Yeah the guys explained it to me earlier in the thread, looks horrific.

Top Bottom