• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord real open beta is live

Doczu

Lol just joined a discussion in the official Discord and said that low CCU on Steam was because Firewalk made the mistake of going Woke.

Instantly got flamed for "betting against the game" and being a "bigot".

Cant say anything objective anywhere without people getting their panties twisted.
Don't worry, the pendulum is swinging back. In a short time you'll be able to barge in door slammed open, call something woke, never elaborate and leave.
And they will take it with tears streaming down their cheeks.
Man Body GIF

Doczu

People need to calm down, if you dont like or need this type of game, it's okay, really. No need to climb your keyboard and try to make sure everybody sees your opinion, Or try to destroy the game just because you dont like it. Just dont play it and move on. i just downloaded the beta, will try it tonight.

peace
GIF by Threadheads

No. Stop it with the corporate apologism. Let them stsrt listening to people, not trends or dei development.
Fuck them pronouns.

Saiyan-Rox

There is zero chance Sony will release the numbers, because confirming your game is a flop is not great marketing for trying to sell your game.

This way they can extend "plausible deniability" that it flopped on Playstation, this is what Suicide Squad did until WB was forced to disclose it did indeed flop on playstation during an investor call.

That is true and the writing was on the wall with suicide squad. Everyone knew it was going to bomb.

The developers had too know.

The shareholders had too know.

So this is probably the same.

winjer

During the next Quarter Financial results, chances are Sony will say the game underperformed. And that's it.
I doubt we'll ever know how bad the real numbers really are.

And considering the type of people leading this studio, something tells me they will blame gamers for this failure.

winjer

That doesn't seem good. Is that not good? That doesn't seem good.

Even for a single player, indie game, those numbers would not be good.
But for a AAA game published by a big company like Sony, played online, with GaaS mechanics, this is terrible.
And mind you, these numbers are during an open beta, when anyone can play it for free.
People don't even want to try this game for free. Let alone pay for it.

And it's not like this is a month packed with a ton of amazing games.
We are in a bit of a drought, and still, most people don't care to play Concord.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Don't worry, the pendulum is swinging back. In a short time you'll be able to barge in door slammed open, call something woke, never elaborate and leave.
And they will take it with tears streaming down their cheeks.
Man Body GIF
Nah, I'm not on the pendulum.

I'm in the middle looking at how retarded both sides are.

People need to calm down, if you dont like or need this type of game, it's okay, really. No need to climb your keyboard and try to make sure everybody sees your opinion, Or try to destroy the game just because you dont like it. Just dont play it and move on. i just downloaded the beta, will try it tonight.

peace
This ^

Also lol @ the fucking corporate apologism wtf are you smoking bro. Dude, IT'S A GAME

Last edited:

peace
As i said in a different topic...it's weird that so many people is rooting for a game to flop. A game developed by a new studio that could potentially close them and another wave of layoffs could happen as well.

Like...imagine refreshing Steam over and over and celebrating a game failing in front of you lmao.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

To put it into perspective here's what closed beta numbers on PC look like normally for none free 2 play Sci fi shooters.

pOBfFjO.jpeg

So the open beta hitting those is well...

Should of made it a horde shooter.

Last edited:

PeteBull

As i said in a different topic...it's weird that so many people is rooting for a game to flop. A game developed by a new studio that could potentially close them and another wave of layoffs could happen as well.

Like...imagine refreshing Steam over and over and celebrating a game failing in front of you lmao.
We want resourses to be used for good games, not this shit, we wish no harm to bottom dwelling devs, we actually wish they find better jobs in future.
Competition will sort this sad excuse of a game out fairy quickly :D

Kokoloko85

Typical mental illness of modern “fans”. The amount of people focus on seeing something fail is weird

A new studio that makes a game with zero regard for its potential audience has no place in the market and people will legitimately root for its demise. The pity card doesn't apply when creators don't put players at the forefront of their concerns.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Welcome to Starfield, Forza and hellblade 2 threads on here. .

Edit, no need to bring negativity.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

People are just mad Sony seeking to add Gaas to their portfolio.

That's really the bottom-line.

PeteBull

To put it into perspective here's what closed beta numbers on PC look like normally for none free 2 play Sci fi shooters.

pOBfFjO.jpeg

So the open beta hitting those is well...

Should of made it a horde shooter.
Many more differences vs concord, testosterone pours from that game like from early gears series, u dont get green they/them or whatever pronouns main characters but pure fun and violence, top priority wasnt put on pushing woke agenda and u can feel it right away :)

STARSBarry

Gold Member
People are just mad Sony seeking to add Gaas to their portfolio.

That's really the bottom-line.

Not really I think it's more the type of GaaS this is, I know not every game has to be for everyone but for example remember the reaction to Overwatch 2 when they revealed the PvE mode was being removed?

How a majority of interest in that game just evaporated, that's because people who enjoy hero shooters are already playing hero shooters, everyone else was done, they where looking for something else to play with friends.

Essentially if sony had created some Sci-Fi class based Payday style hiest coop shooter, I think people would be all over this shit even if the more woke aspects irritated them. I think it's more a combination of a push towards a niche demographic mixed with anouther competitive shooter In an oversaturated market.

People say Helldivers 2 success is surprising, but really it was just the type of game people where looking for.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Not really I think it's more the type of GaaS this is, I know not every game has to be for everyone but for example remember the reaction to Overwatch 2 when they revealed the PvE mode was being removed?

How a majority of interest in that game just evaporated, that's because people who enjoy hero shooters are already playing hero shooters, everyone else was done, they where looking for something else to play with friends.

Essentially if sony had created some Sci-Fi class based Payday style hiest coop shooter, I think people would be all over this shit even if the more woke aspects irritated them. I think it's more a combination of a push towards a niche demographic mixed with anouther competitive shooter In an oversaturated market.

People say Helldivers 2 success is surprising, but really, it was the type of game people where looking for.
Not saying those reasons don't count, but the general narrative is "lolz quit Gaas, go singleplayer".

But yh, going Woke was a dumb decision that is clearly going to cost them, on top of entering a competitive scene (although I stand by what I said in that it's less competitive on Playstation consoles).

They really need to rethink the direction they're going to take, because the gameplay itself is great.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
0 doesn’t sound all that great.

Concord at least have 1600.

So this game is not gonna bomb at all. Which is what I am hoping.

It's the peak you need to be looking at further down, it's a closed beta client so hasn't been accessible for years.

The current full darktide client is around 5k today and 107k peak. Which is not great, however I'm pointing out is had a wildly more successful closed beta vs concords open, and that's normal numbers, not whatever the hell concords pulling.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Gold Member
I think people are also just not too excited about an Overwatch clone anymore. I don't even want to try it.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Gold Member
It's the peak you need to be looking at further down, it's a closed beta client so hasn't been accessible for years.

The current full darktide client is around 5k today and 107k peak. Which is not great, however I'm pointing out is had a wildly more successful closed beta vs concords open, and that's normal numbers, not whatever the hell concords pulling.

Woosh

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Not saying those reasons don't count, but the general narrative is "lolz quit Gaas, go singleplayer".

Honestly a sony style Guardians/Mass Effect singleplayer style title would be pretty cool.

So I can tottaly see that being a thing too. But for me it's certainly a combination of all the forced diversity + apathy to these constant small team competitive games that release every month, hell I even bailed on Gundam Evolution day 1, and I love that Franchise, because it was just more or the same.

Madflavor

Gold Member

Let me put it this way. The devs know they're currently working on a dead on arrival game. They'll sleeping in their offices, as video game developers do, and work 80 hour work weeks until release date, knowing they're working on a game that couldn't muster more than 3k players in it's beta launch.

If the game plays good, runs well, and is free to play in it's beta, then why is it doing poorly? I think it's a combination of people being tired of the Hero Shooter genre, and the game being full of woke nonsense. Concord is 8 - 10 years too late, and the characters look like fucking shit. But meanwhile you've got a game like The First Descendant, that's also free to play, and also doesn't do anything remarkable or new in the looter shooter genre, but it's doing big numbers. I think having attractive characters and cooler visuals probably has something to do with that. It's not the entire reason, but who the fuck wants to play as Pronoun Patty?

Last edited:
People were fine with Helldivers 2. It was also $40 and GaaS.
huh? Before release? Every single topic on that game was negative:

"This looks boring as fuck", "This trailer sucks", "This looks cringe", etc...let's not re-write history. People were mad Sony was about to release a live service game with that one as well. Go and check every single topic on that game before release. The general public was interested in it after release but it was a sudden success like Palworld (to a lesser extend).

Last edited:

TrebleShot

I tried it last night again, well, the week didnt help.
The initial shine has gone and the game feels like its a decade old at this point.

I have no desire to go back in.

Way too many weird systems for levelling, rewards and the crew system is barely worth it.

Oh well.

Killjoy-NL

People were fine with Helldivers 2. It was also $40 and GaaS.
Because it was something different.

Concord already lost by having a Woke roster of characters. And being a hero shooter, it's basically the perfect storm.

Edit:
Tbh, in terms of polish and quality, Concord>>>>>>HD2

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

huh? Before release? Every single topic on that game was negative:

"This looks boring as fuck", "This trailer sucks", "This looks cringe", etc...let's not re-write history. People were mad Sony was about to release a live service game with that one as well. Go and check every single topic on that game before release. The general public was interested in it after release but it was a sudden success like Palworld (to a lesser extend).
Yes. I see some of the same people hated on Helldivers 2. Mostly PS fans who hate the word gaas. I wish the word didnt exist and people just use MP

Luipadre

Honestly a sony style Guardians/Mass Effect singleplayer style title would be pretty cool.

So I can tottaly see that being a thing too. But for me it's certainly a combination of all the forced diversity + apathy to these constant small team competitive games that release every month, hell I even bailed on Gundam Evolution day 1, and I love that Franchise, because it was just more or the same.

Play marvels guardians of the galaxy. Thats basically that

BlackTron

Helldivers 2 is a co-op game about space bugs that you can in fact play alone, even if ill-advised. Kinda a different thing than yet another comp shooter. Despite being technically GAAS it wasn't checking the typical GAAS checkboxes that make them feel like a genre. It differentiated itself filling a need basically being a couch co-op game that worked using servers.

GHG

Gold Member
Welcome to Starfield, Forza and hellblade 2 threads on here. .

Edit, no need to bring negativity.

Saw this before your edit. You're a moron, this game is shit and I've said so since the very first time we saw it. The Steam player numbers and eventual steam review scores will 100% reflect that.

The problem is that you have a blind spot and can't seem to call out shit or subpar products when it comes to a certain corporation. Crap products get an adequate response from the gaming community, get used to it.

Keep chugging.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom