• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Xbox NFx2? Anybody?

I can in 5-10 minutes.

What is the heavy ammo glitch? How can you get heavy ammo to reliably drop?

If its what I saw the other day it's this. Use all the ammo up in your primary then switch to Ice Breaker. Kills with the Ice Breaker will drop heavy ammo. Saw some guy who solo'd Skolas use it and he had loads of heavy ammo around the map. Something like that.

omg, I cant believe I forgot that. it was so bad. especially since it was when HM crota was at its peak, and each wipe, and there were a few, was usually another heavy ammo pack.

Luckily the last week he sold them I bought 100 for each character, not that it helped much as I still had to wait around whilst everyone glitched or ground out glimmer

Heavy Ammo packs was a bigger requirement on LFG than having Gjallahorn

It lasted for six weeks iirc

SnakeEyes

Banned
For sure! I love seeing how far we've come in Year 1 alone. And now TTK completely surpasses that, or so it seems.

Just a list of some memories:
  1. Grinding Planetary Mats via Patrols
  2. Only Carrying 5 Bounties
  3. Having to go to the tower each time to transfer gear/weapons/mats (and having to change characters to transfer stuff)
  4. Not being able to exchange mats for other mats, especially shards/energy
  5. Not being able to Lock items
  6. Having only 1 social space
  7. Having to use auto rifles in iron banner, and then not being able to use Auto Rifles in any PvP.
  8. No matchmaking for weekly heroics
  9. having to relevel exotics
  10. Smaller vault
  11. 25 synths per slot (or was it 20?)

I'm sure I forgot some but these were amazing changes.
20 Synths a slot. I actually made my first Hunter simply as a place to store Special Ammo Synths during the Great Wolves Chest farming run.

You've pretty much nailed the rest. Year 2 newbs will not know many of the struggles we originally faced. I did have to edit the Auto Rifle bit though...

phen0m24

When xur did bring heavy ammo again i remember nami showing a picture of his vault completely full of heavy ammo lol

He wasn't the only one, including everyone who figured out the hard way that when you don't have an open consumable slot the ammo wouldn't work. Lol
that was awful

ocean

Banned
For sure! I love seeing how far we've come in Year 1 alone. And now TTK completely surpasses that, or so it seems.

Just a list of some memories:
  1. Grinding Planetary Mats via Patrols
  2. Only Carrying 5 Bounties
  3. Having to go to the tower each time to transfer gear/weapons/mats (and having to change characters to transfer stuff)
  4. Not being able to exchange mats for other mats, especially shards/energy
  5. Not being able to Lock items
  6. Having only 1 social space
  7. Having to use auto rifles in iron banner
  8. No matchmaking for weekly heroics
  9. having to relevel exotics
  10. Smaller vault
  11. 25 synths per slot (or was it 20?)

I'm sure I forgot some but these were amazing changes.
- You died? Lol hope you didn't need that heavy ammo
- Oh you were counting on Xur to seek it this weekend? Lol
- You know what happens if you equip a chest and boots which both have Heavy Ammo perk? Nothing. it won't stack anymore because lol (I miss 9 Gjallarhorn rockets so much!)
- Heavy ammo incoming! Let me open the chest and NOT pick it up. I'll come back for it in 8 minutes when nobody fuckinbf expects it with my Field Scout machine gun and get 87 kills. Unless I die and someone else takes my heavy ammo because this madness just. won't. end.
- OK first Atheon done. Let me go Orbit, then to the Tower, put all shit in the Vault, change characters, go to the Tower, get my shit from the vault, go back to orbit, then load the checkpoint. (Loadouts app I love you)
- oh sweet a purple Engram! Fuck it decrypted blue.
- oh sweet, First Light for the sixth time in a row
- someone get me like a beach chair and a piña colada so I can relax while this spongebob dude just refuses to die
- music too loud during game chat? Well lol sorry bud we paid Elton John for this neat video and there's no turning our ost off
- wanna check your rep with a faction? Cool, go there. I mean to that faction vendor. Yeah for real, go to orbit then to tower then ask Executor how long till your package arrives
- 6 Marks per Tiger Strike, nice. 3 Marks per Crucible win... Making it slower to earn the only currency accepted by 4 of the goddamn 5 Vendors
- Oh man I have the CE armor! Too bad I'll actually level *down* when I put it on until I upgrade it. And since I have an exotic, I just need a quick 63 (no joke) Radiant Shards! But the game is forgiving, if I do every single Eris Bounty every day for like a month she'll let me trade mats, that sounds fair!
- Omnigulomnigulomnigulomnigulomnigulomnigul NLB DB NLB DB NLB DB BUY OUR DLC Warmind Warmind Warmind aaaah.
- Daily Heroic gives XP. Only to your armor though let's not get greedy here.

How the hell did we put up with this beta ass game at launch :p

So I just got back from camping yesterday, out since last Thursday, and people are telling me Xur sold Gjallahorn. This does not compute. I need visual proof

vctor182

- You know what happens if you equip a chest and boots which both have Heavy Ammo perk? Nothing. it won't stack anymore because lol (I miss 9 Gjallarhorn rockets so much!)
- Heavy ammo incoming! Let me open the chest and NOT pick it up. I'll come back for it in 8 minutes when nobody fuckinbf expects it with my Field Scout machine gun and get 87 kills. Unless I die and someone else takes my heavy ammo because this madness just. won't. end.
- OK first Atheon done. Let me go Orbit, then to the Tower, put all shit in the Vault, change characters, go to the Tower, get my shit from the vault, go back to orbit, then load the checkpoint. (Loadouts app I love you)
- someone get me like a beach chair and a piña colada so I can relax while this spongebob dude just refuses to die
- music too loud during game chat? Well lol sorry bud we paid Elton John for this neat video and there's no turning our ost off
- wanna check your rep with a faction? Cool, go there. I mean to that faction vendor. Yeah for real, go to orbit then to tower then ask Executor how long till your package arrives
- 6 Marks per Tiger Strike, nice. 3 Marks per Crucible win... Making it slower to earn the only currency accepted by 4 of the goddamn 5 Vendors
- Oh man I have the CE armor! Too bad I'll actually level *down* when I put it on until I upgrade it. And since I have an exotic, I just need a quick 63 (no joke) Radiant Shards! But the game is forgiving, if I do every single Eris Bounty every day for like a month she'll let me trade mats, that sounds fair!
- Omnigulomnigulomnigulomnigulomnigulomnigul NLB DB NLB DB NLB DB BUY OUR DLC Warmind Warmind Warmind aaaah.

Well when you put it that way.... we really are crazy!

EloquentM

aka Mannny

on point with these posts lol

What is the heavy ammo glitch? How can you get heavy ammo to reliably drop?

Let me tell you about a time when Hard Crota was released. It was a dark time starting January 21, 2015. Crota's End became... Harder. Rockets and heavy Ammo Synths became a necessity. Many of us spent hours upon hours trying to take him down, 100s and 1000s of rockets were wasted. Even a wipe would cause heavy ammo to disappear when guardians wore gear to carry more Heavy Ammo. Heavy Synths were the hottest commodity, but scarce they became. The Agent of the Nine then decided to play games - Xur stopped selling Heavy Ammo Synths, right when we needed them the most. Weeks and weeks went on, and guardians were left hungering for Heavy Ammo. At last, a new glitch was found.

When you equip Ice breaker, exhaust your primary and heavy, then use your ice breaker to kill enemies (all the ADS in the beginning of the Crota Encounter), dozens of wild Heavy Ammo packs appear! Switch to your weapons of choice and profit.

Many cruxes were obtained this way.

Daemul

That moment when you realise that the Weekly Heroic's Smalls Arms modifier gives a preview on how the Ghorn will perform after it's nerf.

Starting NF 3x

Just join

PSN: DirtyAquaticApe

Edit: Full

Sorry for the GAFer I booted. I didn't catch your name otherwise I would have sent you a message. A buddy was joining just as you did. Sorry again!

I pre-ordered a physical edition of TTK from Gamestop online a while ago. Does anybody know if the game will arrive or release day or will it arrive the following day? I haven't pre-ordered from their website before.

NeOak

I pre-ordered a physical edition of TTK from Gamestop online a while ago. Does anybody know if the game will arrive or release day or will it arrive the following day? I haven't pre-ordered from their website before.
Lucky son of a-...

You need to have next day delivery so it arrives on release day

Namikaze1

When xur did bring heavy ammo again i remember nami showing a picture of his vault completely full of heavy ammo lol
I was set for months. Hell, I still have less than 200 left from the that time. That was back in February.

I'll put up the screencap once I find it.

phen0m24

- epic snip of awesomeness

Oh you thought you could game Atheon with your team's placement?
NOT AS INTENDED
Oh wait, only one person got teleported? OOPS
No hobgoblin towers for you!
While we're at it, NO HELMETS.
Almost
EVER. 29 is your
Destiny
Oh you want to do HM? You need to be a 30. 2 29's on a team? Yeah, no. Oh look, the 30 got another helmet. SHARDS. #Forever29

Wait, you thought Crota kneeled? Mwahaha
You thought Crota would stand still? Hahaha
Hey let's put a Gatekeeper here. That'll make this encounter more "fun."
No bridge jumping! But Bones of Eo?
Know what would be awesome? A room of yellow bar enemies that are overleveled and don't drop glimmer.

There were many frustrations but we are all hipster guardians now with our snazzy hipsterific emblems

what do you think we going to get the week before TTK launches, we got something every expansion.

Blades of Crota (they were actually supposed to drop husk of the pit but was glitched and only dropped in the Demo) lol
Pack of Wolves prowling (second to only the 1st VOG as the most sociably fun experience in the game) 6 people on patrol, cracking jokes, sparrow racing, so much fun

hopefully TTK brings the fun. I canceled my pre-order of MGS5 in anticipation. Ill pick it up around christmas

Lucky son of a-...

You need to have next day delivery so it arrives on release day
Ok, cool. I did select next day delivery. So I'll get it the 15th then? It would bum me out if I have to wait until the 16th or 17th to play it. Gamestop should really have release day delivery like Amazon has for years. I keep toying with canceling my order and just going digital.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Never had to buy heavy ammo from Xur. I do stuff and get glimmer and once I near max I just buy them from the gunsmith and it just kept accumulating. Plus you get them randomly from bounties and judgement honor has been great with giving out stuff.

Oh you thought you could game Atheon with your team's placement?
NOT AS INTENDED
Oh wait, only one person got teleported? OOPS
No hobgoblin towers for you!
While we're at it, NO HELMETS.
Almost
EVER. 29 is your
Destiny
Oh you want to do HM? You need to be a 30. 2 29's on a team? Yeah, no. Oh look, the 30 got another helmet. SHARDS. #Forever29

Wait, you thought Crota kneeled? Mwahaha
You thought Crota would stand still? Hahaha
Hey let's put a Gatekeeper here. That'll make this encounter more "fun."
No bridge jumping! But Bones of Eo?
Know what would be awesome? A room of yellow bar enemies that are overleveled and don't drop glimmer.

There were many frustrations but we are all hipster guardians now with our snazzy hipsterific emblems

soon........
lest we not forgot one of the greatest bosses ina ll of Destiny. the Venus portal Minotaur that regenerated health and single handily wiped many atheon runs.

NeOak

Ok, cool. I did select next day delivery. So I'll get it the 15th then? It would bum me out if I have to wait until the 16th or 17th to play it. Gamestop should really have release day delivery like Amazon has for years. I keep toying with canceling my order and just going digital.
GIMMMMEEEEEEEEE

Seriously, if you don't want it, I'll take it

Dave_6

LMAO! Fucking perfect! :p

todd360

>Be me.
>Decide to post happy birthday message to math before work.
>She will see the messages that come after mine and be surprised
>"How did you guys know it is my birthday?" she will say.
>Imagine the lols. Go to work.
>Get home. See its my bday message.
>Surprise is ruined.

phen0m24

>Be me.
>Decide to post happy birthday message to math before work.
>She will see the messages that come after mine and be surprised
>"How did you guys know it is my birthday?" she will say.
>Imagine the lols. Go to work.
>Get home. See its my bday message.
>Surprise is ruined.

I posted Happy happy 1+1=2 trying to be original. I don't think she saw it. Don't worry Todd. You're still pretty cool. :p

Top Bottom