• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I have a flawless raid fuck up I want to share with you all.

My clan and I were at the Templar so we weren't far into it. (This was back before when you could cheese temples into falling off). I took control of the shield/relic cause I was the hunter on the team. So everyone is casually pushing the Templar off, everything is going well and I'm cleansing as we need be cleansed. It was boring as hell so I thought, "shit, I might as well try to kill some harpies while I'm waiting". So I was shooting harpies with the relic and one flies right in the foreground of where the Templar was. Suffice to say I missed that harpie by a mile*, took down the templars shield and all hell broke loose. someone got bubbled and fell out instantly fucking up the flawless and to make matters worse the Templar teleported at an angle where he was able to kill a few other folks. I got yelled at and berated for months lol. Ironically we ended up doing Atheon with 5 people on flawless sometime after Templar patch but they still neve let me hear the end of it.

okay, the truth and I'll take this to the grave with me not telling my clan is that I was fucking around pressing buttons and kind of sorta shot the Templar by accident. I never intentionally meant to sabotage the raid but shit happens. At least we got to say we completed the raid legitimately. Lol

NeOak

>Be me.
>Decide to post happy birthday message to math before work.
>She will see the messages that come after mine and be surprised
>"How did you guys know it is my birthday?" she will say.
>Imagine the lols. Go to work.
>Get home. See its my bday message.
>Surprise is ruined.
Senpai didn't notice you either ;-;

List of memories:

1. GF sneezes."Oh man babe you need Benedryl"
2. Mom calls my cell. "Yeah right I'm going to answer that. She probably wants me to go over and do something for her"
3. F**ck the Gym today
4. If I get fired I don't care I need to run VOG.
5. What Dinner at your parents house, Babe my throat is soar, I cant, I cant. *Cough*
6. Sex? Jesus babe we just did it 2 days ago is that all you ever want to do. Are you not tired? Go to bed.
7. Hello boss, I can't come in to work today, I have a family emergency.
8. Hello boss I cant come to work, by grandmother is in the hospital
9. Yeah why don't you go to sleep ill be in in a bit. 6 hours later!

List of memories:

2. Mom calls my cell. "Yeah right I'm going to answer that. She probably wants me to go over and do something for her"
3. F**ck the Gym today
5. What Dinner at your parents house, Babe my throat is soar, I cant, I cant. *Cough*
6. Sex? Jesus babe we just did it 2 days ago is that all you ever want to do. Are you not tired? Go to bed.

Apparently it was our Destiny to destroy our sex lives

EloquentM

aka Mannny
List of memories:

3. F**ck the Gym today
I can attest to 9. And maybe 6.

Namikaze1

When xur did bring heavy ammo again i remember nami showing a picture of his vault completely full of heavy ammo lol

Found most of the screencaps. Can't find the one of my vault. I was set. Haven't bought heavy since the 20th of February.

B-U1lA8CQAAnERi.jpg

B-U2cURCMAATCsq.jpg

B-U3YbZCMAALiXF.jpg

My vault had a shit ton as well. Just can't find the screen I took of it.

Me catching a Muskie(28inches) 10mins ago. Thanks for B-Day messages everyone.

Can't wait for tommrrow.

I havnt been fishing since I was 8 and walked into a hornets nest. never again
The time before that, My little sister sat behind me as I cast. I caught her in the cheek, felt so bad.

I will never fish again

Found most of the screencaps. Can't find the one of my vault. I was set. Haven't bought heavy since the 20th of February. My vault had a shit ton as well. Just can't find the screen I took of it.

That's crazy. I haven't bought synths since May and I still have 500 left 😅

Trakan

I think these are the 3 new faction ships. In the trailer, the 3 Guardians were all in different faction gear. The Dead Orbit one is a reskin of the stupid wolf head ship and the other two factions get brand new ones? Fuckin' lame, I might switch to FWC.

I just checked the postmaster after the maintence from earlier and got 9 strange coins, a sawtooth oscillator, and 3 focused light. (Which is how many I entered a while back.)

SkylineRKR

- You died? Lol hope you didn't need that heavy ammo
- Oh you were counting on Xur to seek it this weekend? Lol
- You know what happens if you equip a chest and boots which both have Heavy Ammo perk? Nothing. it won't stack anymore because lol (I miss 9 Gjallarhorn rockets so much!)
- Heavy ammo incoming! Let me open the chest and NOT pick it up. I'll come back for it in 8 minutes when nobody fuckinbf expects it with my Field Scout machine gun and get 87 kills. Unless I die and someone else takes my heavy ammo because this madness just. won't. end.
- OK first Atheon done. Let me go Orbit, then to the Tower, put all shit in the Vault, change characters, go to the Tower, get my shit from the vault, go back to orbit, then load the checkpoint. (Loadouts app I love you)
- oh sweet a purple Engram! Fuck it decrypted blue.
- oh sweet, First Light for the sixth time in a row
- someone get me like a beach chair and a piña colada so I can relax while this spongebob dude just refuses to die
- music too loud during game chat? Well lol sorry bud we paid Elton John for this neat video and there's no turning our ost off
- wanna check your rep with a faction? Cool, go there. I mean to that faction vendor. Yeah for real, go to orbit then to tower then ask Executor how long till your package arrives
- 6 Marks per Tiger Strike, nice. 3 Marks per Crucible win... Making it slower to earn the only currency accepted by 4 of the goddamn 5 Vendors
- Oh man I have the CE armor! Too bad I'll actually level *down* when I put it on until I upgrade it. And since I have an exotic, I just need a quick 63 (no joke) Radiant Shards! But the game is forgiving, if I do every single Eris Bounty every day for like a month she'll let me trade mats, that sounds fair!
- Omnigulomnigulomnigulomnigulomnigulomnigul NLB DB NLB DB NLB DB BUY OUR DLC Warmind Warmind Warmind aaaah.
- Daily Heroic gives XP. Only to your armor though let's not get greedy here.

How the hell did we put up with this beta ass game at launch :p

This is on point and why I quit the game altogether a few times.

First was in November, then I got back for TDB and it was still shit, making me quit after I got 32 and tackled Crota HM when it launched. Didn't get back until June or so. But since then its mostly PvP, only did like one VoG and Crota and a handful of NF I could solo.

The biggest reason I kept playing Destiny around those times was because I was part of a group of dedicated guys that would be willing to help out with anything. I think the scene or community is very good. Also evident from this thread.

noomi

I must be insane. I see a lot of people hate on the Warlock jump. Give me that with the focused control mod and I'm a happy camper. Everything else feels so off to me.

Is focused control the best option? Seems the last one gives the best of both worlds...control and speed?

That's crazy. I haven't bought synths since May and I still have 500 left 😅

I dont go crazy anymore, Bungie admitted
covered their ass
that Xur not selling heavy was a glitch and it wouldn't happen again. I just top off each character at an even 100 or so each week

todd360

I should probably do a podcast episode this weekend about the GI magazine and Wednesday video. I hope Hawkian is available.

X-Frame

I really would love Bungie to host a reflection presentation about Year 1 eventually. Even if it's 2 years from now. An honest presentation to go over all the shit that happened pre-release (likely pushing it, we may never know) and all their mistakes in the first year, what they were originally thinking and intending and what they learned.

Spoo

Looking like I may not be able to go with Hawkian to do PoE 32 because I have some stuff I need to do later today. Is anyone willing to help me with me it now or in an hour or so?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I think these are the 3 new faction ships. In the trailer, the 3 Guardians were all in different faction gear. The Dead Orbit one is a reskin of the stupid wolf head ship and the other two factions get brand new ones? Fuckin' lame, I might switch to FWC.
Damn, I'd have to agree - that new FWC ship looks fuckin' sweet, even with the ridiculous livery. Best not to delete my current Dead Orbit ship any time soon...

I can't remember the last time I got anything other than a crap purple scout/sniper rifle from the NF. Why do I even bother. The xp buff isn't even worth it, really.

FyreWulff

I really would love Bungie to host a reflection presentation about Year 1 eventually. Even if it's 2 years from now. An honest presentation to go over all the shit that happened pre-release (likely pushing it, we may never know) and all their mistakes in the first year, what they were originally thinking and intending and what they learned.

This will likely be happening, they've done this for all of their games.

chur

Looking like I may not be able to go with Hawkian to do PoE 32 because I have some stuff I need to do later today. Is anyone willing to help me with me it now or in an hour or so?
Was just about to ask the thread. We just need a 3rd now.

Top Bottom