• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I totally get what Afro is saying. And this is more Bungie's fault than anything. I'm not going to spend half a day killing some FF boss reject just to not really get anything of worth. I'm all about patience and helping others but a line must be drawn somewhere.

GutZ31

I totally get what Afro is saying. And this is more Bungie's fault than anything. I'm not going to spend half a day killing some FF boss reject just to not really get anything of worth. I'm all about patience and helping others but a line must be drawn somewhere.

Since Hard mode has been out, I completed HM the first week on only one character.
The next week, I completed it again on one character.
The week after that, I completed it on 2 characters.
The week after that, all 3 characters.

Out of all the runs, I have not received Oryx loot worth mentioning.

No primaries.
No 315+ gear.
Everything is either 311, or not of use, like another cloak, or even nothing at all.

I haven't gotten hard raid boots at all, and that's depressing at this point.
The fact that most people are feeling the same problem just makes it all the more annoying.
Bungie, what was the reason to make loot drops 310 on a raid that the final boss is 320?

Fuck, what was the reason in making raid gear even more uninspired?
You guys talked up Touch of Malice like it was the next gjallarhorn, but it is barely worth using outside the raid.
We got hooked on your game chasing the raid gear of VoG, how do you completely ruin that? You make Kings Fall loot feel stupid, with shitty perks, and barely helpful in the raid it's meant to be used for.

I would pretty much still use my fatebringer over this shit, even with all the nerfs if it meant I didn't have to put up with bad design decisions.
Take elemental primaries out, for what?
You downed the burn potency for nightfall, and the shielded enemies are still the same everywhere you go.
Now we just have to put up with one less elemental weapon that didn't even need to be gone in the first place.

An elemental transfer system would be nice, but that still doesn't change the face that raid gear is trash in the first place.
Raid gear should have been almost Exotic worthy, and make you think twice about infusing it into something else.

Infused my Touch of Malice to 318.

RftSvfH.jpg

I'm ready to wreck butts.

LTWood12

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Jafku

I agree. With the drops I was getting , it's just not worth it

Mupod

will likely do some drunk IB on Friday night and then take a break until challenge mode. I need to get Xenoblade finished.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks for the run guys.

Titan got nothing. As expected. My Titan never gets anything.

Don't know why I'm getting so many chest pieces between all three characters. Need some helms and boots.

You know what would be cool? If the weapons Oryx dropped were inspirted by him. Like, maybe he could drop a legendary sword that's huge and does, I dunno, throws dark balls? A rocket launcher that caused an explosion like his exploding thingy during the running phase?

I dunno. Talking about it, the raid gear is extremely uninspired and Cocoon is only good for HMG, but no need to recycle it 6-7 times because you can't think of good unique perks.

MildSoss

Thanks for the run guys.

Titan got nothing. As expected. My Titan never gets anything.

Don't know why I'm getting so many chest pieces between all three characters. Need some helms and boots.
Thanks for the help, should of gotten it on that first try but Lnkn's potato internet wasn't having it.

GutZ31

You know what would be cool? If the weapons Oryx dropped were inspirted by him. Like, maybe he could drop a legendary sword that's huge and does, I dunno, throws dark balls? A rocket launcher that caused an explosion like his exploding thingy during the running phase?

I dunno. Talking about it, the raid gear is extremely uninspired and Cocoon is only good for HMG, but no need to recycle it 6-7 times because you can't think of good unique perks.

They worked so hard on the raid, they forgot about the loot apparently.
Lets just reskin the normal drops, and call it hard mode drops, and they will have the same
shitty
perk pool. BUT! We will change the icon color, and give them an RNG chance of being higher that 310!​

They worked so hard on the raid, they forgot about the loot apparently.
Lets just reskin the normal drops, and call it hard mode drops, and they will have the same
shitty
perk pool. BUT! We will change the icon color, and give them an RNG chance of being higher that 310!​

Yeah...all the weapons are boring. Sure, they have a little theme going on, but...they're not that exciting to use. I reckon the only guns that would be considered top tier are the HMG and.....the pulse rifle with Firefly. The Snipers alright, but we get a far better one through questing(1000yard).

Honestly, Pulse Rifle with Fire Fly is the best one just because you don't see that perk combination.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lnk's net is no match for Igor, master of lagswitch. His net is so powerful it freezes Golgo's bad breath in place.

mnhgg.gif

EL CUCO

I don't know why I let myself be peer pressured into Raiding.

Didn't get a single piece of gear in the entire to advance my level.

Not even a primary from Oryx.

I need new friends

GutZ31

Lnk's net is no match for Igor, master of lagswitch. His net is so powerful it freezes Golgo's bad breath in place.

mnhgg.gif

That looks like it would be an awesome raid maze room.
Think about walking around proximity tracking bombs, trying to find the path of least resistance.
The effects on screen would be unreal though, so bungie would probably have to tone it down to small hallways.

Does anyone still hold newbie runs for NM Oryx? I have done it even once yet... but I think all 3 of my characters are ready now.

Hawkian organises newbie raids on a regular basis. For Normal Mode, you'll find lots of people willing to take you along as the DPS check isn't as strict as Hard Mode.

EDIT - Just did Hard Mode Oryx and got a 310 harrowed cloak. WTF!!?? I'm fuckin' tired of 310 loot. I haven't moved up in light level in almost 3 weeks now. The same team tried to do Hard Mode Oryx on alts and the bugs and glitches decided to come out of the woodworks. This game.... I swear, it's so frustrating.

Top Bottom