• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Hawkian organises newbie raids on a regular basis. For Normal Mode, you'll find lots of people willing to take you along as the DPS check isn't as strict as Hard Mode.

EDIT - Just did Hard Mode Oryx and got a 310 harrowed cloak. WTF!!?? I'm fuckin' tired of 310 loot. I haven't moved up in light level in almost 3 weeks now. The same team tried to do Hard Mode Oryx on alts and the bugs and glitches decided to come out of the woodworks. This game.... I swear, it's so frustrating.

Fun Fact-You have the same exact chance of getting a 310 Harrowed cloak as you do a 320 Harrowed cloak.

......You've officially won the lottery. The Lottery of Losing.

Thanks bungie.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just played a game of Iron Banner against a BNG team.
Cozmos, Deej and others.

Pretty cool seeing them all running together online.

No Luke as far as I know though. Unless he has a new gamertag.

After having the day to relax and stepping away from Iron Banner last night, my first match saw nice results. In fact, most of my matches today had me over 2000. I also got the chest piece one of the following matches, and a 310 artifact from the Rank 3 package.

RBrayhZ.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Luke has his own group of pros, he doesn't run with scrubs like deej XD.

Well he used to be TJ but that was ages ago. And I doubt he plays on Xbox either.

Not sure if you get something for beating them because we lost. Not by much but they squeaked it out.
I spent most of my time texting buddies telling them I was playing against some BNG guys so I was more useless than normal.

2real4tv

Question that's probably been answered already came up during Oryx fight. Is it possible to kill knight's on top of platform during the bombing part?

Wonder what would happen if four defender titans with saint 14 would pop bubble on platform.

HM drops in group I just played with from warpriest onwards:

314 chest, int/dis, scout rifle ammo, sidearm ammo, arc armor.
314 chest, int/str, scout rifle ammo, sidearm ammo, arc armor.
310 Red Death, at least this is actually a drop now.

Thanks for the run everyone.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
HM drops in group I just played with from warpriest onwards:

314 chest, int/dis, scout rifle ammo, sidearm ammo, arc armor.
314 chest, int/str, scout rifle ammo, sidearm ammo, arc armor.
310 Red Death, at least this is actually a drop now.

Thanks for the run everyone.

No prob. We took care of business rather quickly when you joined. Oryx took a little more time and we managed to complete it before Afro KO'd. I managed to get my Hunter from 308 to 311 from the loot this time around. Im content thus far. My titan is needs an HM raid run soon.

Question that's probably been answered already came up during Oryx fight. Is it possible to kill knight's on top of platform during the bombing part?

Wonder what would happen if four defender titans with saint 14 would pop bubble on platform.

You could but you'll risk getting one-shot from the wrath of the king. Just run.

Just pop a blessing bubble near the platform and pass through it if you're getting hit by the knights. The closer you run to the platform, the less you are exposed to their flame attack.

2real4tv

You could but you'll risk getting one-shot from the wrath of the king. Just run.

Just pop a blessing bubble near the platform and pass through it if you're getting hit by the knights. The closer you run to the platform, the less you are exposed to their flame attack.

Don't have problem with current strategy was just curious if you get a grimore or maybe it is a possible challenge.

It all depends on the implementation. I think getting a great weapon or piece of gear for completing a set of fun (key word) challenges or mission is great and I want that to be more of the future of Destiny. Getting a great exotic scout rifle for the Wolves of Mars quest line was awesome; the alternate ending to missions such as with Black Spindle as well. Farming 25 hadium flakes for a legendary sword? Less so. If more time means we get more of the first two and less of the latter, I'm all for it. Just remove the gates once they are out in the wild and let people earn them at their own pace.

But i totally agree with the critiques of Bungie's communication about their intent. It's been a huge problem, and one Deej and company dance around or ignore.

Late reply but, Black Spindle was the right way to get exotics a short challenging mission, going from a to b to c etc etc..Bores the tears out of me. For e.g I still don't have a Boolean Gemini only one character has completed the court quest (so only one has a 300 Artefact) and none of them have a 310 Artefact, aint got time for that on one character let alone three

Weekly update prediction; loads of photos of what Deej had for dinner whilst on holiday, a teaser of this sherpa nonsense and challenge mode will drop tomorrow

Feel sorry for boolean gemini, used it on my first raid but since then it's been sitting in the vault.

Need more exotics that feel like exotics, aka touch of malice and black spindle.

Kyoufu

Feel sorry for boolean gemini, used it on my first raid but since then it's been sitting in the vault.

Need more exotics that feel like exotics, aka touch of malice and black spindle.

Yup. Some of these Y2 exotics have no business being an exotic.

maomaoIYP

only one character has completed the court quest (so only one has a 300 Artefact) and none of them have a 310 Artefact, aint got time for that on one character let alone three

Until now I still do not know what unlocks the court quest. I did it with my main but it was never unlocked for my other 2 characters (both of which have a 310 artifact).

Actually Wrath of the King doesn't kill you immediately, it takes atleast 2 hits to fully kill you~

the_id

There's a lot of solo gaffers doing iron banner. I'm going to start the train. Will wait in orbit till I get 6.

PSN the_id

1.the id

I got one shot by it with full blessing of light yesterday

:(

Happened to another player as well. I think it depends on how close you are to the explosion.

Probably does depend on how close you are. I swear I've stood and taken a blast from it, way back when we had a strat of killing one of the knights on the platform.

Fun Fact-You have the same exact chance of getting a 310 Harrowed cloak as you do a 320 Harrowed cloak.

......You've officially won the lottery. The Lottery of Losing.

Thanks bungie.

Bungie pls.

On a more positive note, after joining the rant squad yesterday and whining about being unable to find a team on DGAF that is willing to work together and hear each other out while not screwing up multiple times, DGAF group made me eat crow today. You were awesome guys. All of you. Fox, Skywalker, Aengerd, Nimon, Dontbrickme and Kaiken, you guys have restored my faith in DGAF and I hope to raid with you guys again. Ok, that's enough fruitiness for today.

I know the new lyudmila roll is pretty good roll but I don't like the way it handles

I don't see it replacing nerwin or hacksaw

not really a fan of hakke in general although stillpeacer is ok .. even their exotic sucks

Until now I still do not know what unlocks the court quest. I did it with my main but it was never unlocked for my other 2 characters (both of which have a 310 artifact).

I think its patrol the dreadnaught

I know the new lyudmila roll is pretty good roll but I don't like the way it handles

I don't see it replacing nerwin or hacksaw

not really a fan of hakke in general although stillpeacer is ok .. even their exotic sucks

Same, the lyudmila is a beast but its too slow firing and feels odd, with the Suros you probably need full auto or the Hori pad to get the most out of it. After trying them all I'm still in the Nirwenscotch camp

Deku Tree

Feels good to have 1.5TB of free space on my PS4. Now I can download lots of PS+ games even if I don't know whether or not I'll ever play them.

We need new things to do in Destiny.

phen0m24

Good Morning DGAF!

Really hoping for some info about Challenge Mode from todays weekly update, pls bungie

"Let's Talk Turkey"

As we all gear up for the upcoming holidays, we'll be taking some time next week with friends and family. That said, our December update is still in the works, and we can't wait to reveal those juicy nuggets soon.

"Rough Patch"
Last week we deployed patch # and we're still reviewing feedback. But last we heard the Gunsmith is booking a holiday vacation with all this glimmer he now has laying around.
If you haven't yet, take a gander at Tuesday's patch notes, found on Bungie.net.

Got Glimmer?
The Cryptarch is reporting a glitch when decrypting certain engrams and items lately. We think he's been overwhelmed by all of the new business he's gotten from Court of Oryx. Nevertheless, we're taking a look at the decryption process to make sure it's where it should be and we'll get back to you soon.

Sorry for such a short BWU, but we've got an update we want to finish before the holidays - hope you enjoy a heaping helping of goodies with family next week, Guardians.

Deej out

noomi

Feels good to have 1.5TB of free space on my PS4. Now I can download lots of PS+ games even if I don't know whether or not I'll ever play them.

We need new things to do in Destiny.

Oh nice so you went through with it! Did you end up getting the hard drive I posted a few days ago? The guide I linked should have been pretty easy to follow, transferring data from old > new does take a few hours though.

"Let's Talk Turkey"

As we all gear up for the upcoming holidays, we'll be taking some time next week with friends and family. That said, our December update is still in the works, and we can't wait to reveal those juicy nuggets soon.

"Rough Patch"
Last week we deployed patch # and we're still reviewing feedback. But last we heard the Gunsmith is booking a holiday vacation with all this glimmer he now has laying around.
If you haven't yet, take a gander at Tuesday's patch notes, found on Bungie.net.

Got Glimmer?
The Cryptarch is reporting a glitch when decrypting certain engrams and items lately. We think he's been overwhelmed by all of the new business he's gotten from Court of Oryx. Nevertheless, we're taking a look at the decryption prices to make sure it's where it should be and we'll get back to you soon.

Sorry for such a short update, but we've got an update we want to finish before the holidays - hope you enjoy a heaping helping of goodies with family next week, Guardians.

Deej out

Haha!

Bungie, hire this man!

Sky Walker

Any Iron Banner trains ?

You were awesome guys. All of you. Fox, Skywalker, Aengerd, Nimon, Dontbrickme and Kaiken, you guys have restored my faith in DGAF and I hope to raid with you guys again. Ok, that's enough fruitiness for today.

That's why I like doing HM raid even though the loot is rubbish "RNG loved me during the last 2 weeks though" or after doing it with my 3 alts :) Sorry for not being able to stick to the last fight though.

Of course We will raid then complain about the loot we will receive again :p

Deku Tree

Oh nice so you went through with it! Did you end up getting the hard drive I posted a few days ago? The guide I linked should have been pretty easy to follow, transferring data from old > new does take a few hours though.

Haha!

Bungie, hire this man!

Thanks! I bought a seagate 2TB drive and reused its enclosure on the 500mb that was in the PS4. And I just redownloaded all my digital games, took less than six hours over night while I was sleeping on my fiber internet connection.

phen0m24

Haha!

Bungie, hire this man!
Lol note no raid loot discussion or anything of consequence hehe what else is new

noomi

Thanks! I bought a seagate 2TB drive and reused its enclosure on the 500mb that was in the PS4. And I just redownloaded all my digital games, took less than six hours over night while I was sleeping on my fiber internet connection.

Nice! Yup, that's exactly what I did as well :) You get a nice little 500GB external hard drive out of the deal.

Actually Wrath of the King doesn't kill you immediately, it takes atleast 2 hits to fully kill you~

Direct hit of Wrath will absolutely kill you. Next time you want to wipe a run just stand still when it starts. Or be a Warlock that needs extra life.

Edit: Damn, 55 posts in 7 hours. Oof. Gonna be tough to predict when I'll need to make the new OT

bitsurugi

Hmmm.... Iron Bannana is finally worth the time, rank 5 rewards look good so far. 3 guaranteed 310+ drops are nice for the easy task of IB Clash.

Had fun yesterday, Clash is way better with randoms then Control. All weekly bounties done, now just to do dailies today and tomorrow on all 3 chars and rank 5 should be easy enough to get.

Top Bottom