• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
Like I said there is no better gun than TLALOC for Crucible.

It have amazing combination of perks too that you can choose Hand Loaded to increase range or Mod Injection to increase stability and handling.

I don't even know which is the best perks to use with this gun because it kills everything in mid/high range.

It fires too fast with super.

E92 M3

Like I said there is no better gun than TLALOC for Crucible.

It have amazing combination of perks too that you can choose Hand Loaded to increase range or Mod Injection to increase stability and handling.

I don't even know which is the best perks to use with this gun because it kills everything in mid/high range.

It fires too fast with super.

Gun sucks major balls, what are you talking about? Dismantled mines.

Eidelon

Reposting for top of page.

Gauging interest for a 3x Warpriest Hard Challenge Mode tonight, starting at 9:00 PM Pacific. Don't have the checkpoint, so if we don't find one, first run will be from the start. Only looking for Warpriest Challenge Mode loot, so we'll stop after we down him to rinse and repeat. Sign yourself up if you're interested! Will start assembling around 8:45. PSN: Svartnatt

1. Svartnatt

Thanks!

I would be interested. PSN: Eidelon

Mindlog

Then I dismantled the exotic shard and discarded the weapon parts. TERRIBLE WEAPON and no number of buffs will every make it useful. Gunsmith should be ashamed.

Are we in the clear yet?
Reposting for top of page.

Gauging interest for a 3x Warpriest Hard Challenge Mode tonight, starting at 9:00 PM Pacific. Don't have the checkpoint, so if we don't find one, first run will be from the start. Only looking for Warpriest Challenge Mode loot, so we'll stop after we down him to rinse and repeat. Sign yourself up if you're interested! Will start assembling around 8:45. PSN: Svartnatt

1. Svartnatt
4. Mindlog (Hunter)

Thanks!
I can do 1 and I have the checkpoint.
Added my class to hopefully help balance out the load. Still doable with 6 Warlocks, but we can makes things easier by avoiding that :]
today i found out that The Last Word is a short ranged Hand Cannon and I should learn to aim it.
I don't avatar quote, but I'm picturing it as I read this lol.

Neuro

lol it is only the best gun in the game.

Haha, its super awesome if you know how to use it...This week's mayhem rumble is the best place for one to judge the weapon

On a sidenote : Matchmaking is becoming a chore these days, most I think have left the game for a short while, with no major announcements coming up, I'd reckon everyone is going to be cooling off some steam with other games over the next month or so.

I mean it's especially amusing to me after I highlighted how The Last Word is in fact not a "short range" Hand Cannon and can do just fine at this range
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKzYTk3vDMM

But apparently I should have hip fired... which I did on the first kill (because, shockingly, the appeal of The Last Word is doing both!) Hip Fire at the range for the 4th one at that angle however would not have killed the player as reliably and it would have exposed me more.

Just want the gun to be more consistent. Damage fall off is one thing and missed shots are another, but when the red dot in the sights is on the player I don't expect bullets to curve around them because of some embarrassingly stupid conical spread. That just makes the weapons not fun to use, especially one whose whole archetype is based around firing fast.

ethomaz

Banned
Haha, its super awesome if you know how to use it...This week's mayhem rumble is the best place for one to judge the weapon
You don't need that much... just have the SUPER always up... I don't use SUPER anymore.

It shot too fast to a Scout Rifle.

It is like an Auto Rifle with Scout Rifle Impacts... remember the original Vex.

Every day is a new day of learning that your skill is much less than your crucible scores would lead everyone to believe.

I mean my K/D has gone down ffrom a 3.5 to a 2.8 so I could just be bad.

kappa.png

llama-stare.gif

Tlaloc would probably be the meta weapon of choice (at least after Pulse's are nerfed) if it was available to all classes. Posted the other day that it's actually banned from competitive matches.

Why people here hate reddit so much? Have they ever said anything bad about GAF?

DestinyGAF? not that I know of, aside from asking why Luke posts "on GAF" instead of Reddit.

Honestly my biggest problem with the Destiny Sub is that they assume everyone is complaining unless they show their DTR or a video with a bunch data. So unlike a lot of people I care about K/D because it's about the only way for people to listen to what you have to say about the Crucible.

Which is weird to me. The "mainstream" audience in Halo didn't care about anyone's stats. In fact, being a good player as somewhat frowned upon, LOL

krpiper

I only dipped into it a little bit during the beta last summer and didnt pick it up with the middling response.

That being said with a year of listening to the Bombcast and with the TTK I decided to give it a shot. I am on XB1. I am really enjoying all of the shooting as it feels very good and tight just like I would expect from bungie.

I am about a level 6 Hunter still on Earth. When do I dip into the crucible? Do I worry about gear now or do I just keep swapping things out? I am mostly a solo player, aside from the raids will that be a detriment or should I finally invest in a mic for my Xbox?

Lastly anything that you think I should know about the game?

Didn't know if this was thread worthy so posting here

Thanks!

Strider

Why people here hate reddit so much? Have they ever said anything bad about GAF?

I don't. It's full of useful info most of the time on any subreddits main page...

In general I don't like the sites layout though. Being able to select a specific topic is great but the comment section is usually just a mess with very little actual discussion.

Stanng243

Its been a while since I've played. I seem to remember something about buying everything digitally and playing before a certain date and getting rewarded? Or am I crazy?

recks

DestinyGAF? not that I know of, aside from asking why Luke posts "on GAF" instead of Reddit.

Honestly my biggest problem with the Destiny Sub is that they assume everyone is complaining unless they show their DTR or a video with a bunch data. So unlike a lot of people I care about K/D because it's about the only way for people to listen to what you have to say about the Crucible.

Which is weird to me. The "mainstream" audience in Halo didn't care about anyone's stats. In fact, being a good player as somewhat frowned upon, LOL
Well, lots of people here also asks why DeeJ posts on reddit and not on GAF :p

Never had too many problems on reddit or wherever else where someone would bring up stats to an argument, and honestly, most of the people that bring that up have horrible stats.

I don't get why people care so much about stats, one of the best players on the world (WaR bulletproof) has an 1.75kd, does that make him a bad player? Someone can just pubstomp all day and have superb stats, doesn't mean nothing to me.

I don't. It's full of useful info most of the time on any subreddits main page...

In general I don't like the sites layout though. Being able to select a specific topic is great but the comment section is usually just a mess with very little actual discussion.
Didn't mean to say you hate reddit, sorry if that sounded like that.

Everytime I see someone bring reddit here I see negative comments about it, so was curious to know if something happened there.

Also hate the layout there :/

Well, lots of people here also asks why DeeJ posts on reddit and not on GAF :p

Never had too many problems on reddit or wherever else where someone would bring up stats to an argument, and honestly, most of the people that bring that up have horrible stats.

I don't get why people care so much about stats, one of the best players on the world (WaR bulletproof) has an 1.75kd, does that make him a bad player? Someone can just pubstomp all day and have superb stats, doesn't mean nothing to me.

Yea it can only be used for a base indicator when you have nothing else to go by, but people seem to use it as your record for some reason. You always have to play as if everyone youre facing is great, regardless of their stats, imo.

Kdr doesnt show call outs or assists or revives, and kdr sure as heck doesnt show wins.

Im salty of this because i think im decently better than what my stupid stats show.

I only dipped into it a little bit during the beta last summer and didnt pick it up with the middling response.

That being said with a year of listening to the Bombcast and with the TTK I decided to give it a shot. I am on XB1. I am really enjoying all of the shooting as it feels very good and tight just like I would expect from bungie.

I am about a level 6 Hunter still on Earth. When do I dip into the crucible? Do I worry about gear now or do I just keep swapping things out? I am mostly a solo player, aside from the raids will that be a detriment or should I finally invest in a mic for my Xbox?

Thanks!

Welcome to the thread! Hawk or Drizz should be able to give you more info, but there's a lot of handy stuff in the OP that should get you up to speed. I personally don't think you need a mic unless you're doing Trials of Osiris or Raiding, but even then there are plenty of people who play well without them so long as they can hear other people and/or know what's going on.

You can check out the Crucible at any level, but before level 20 you're going to run into people with Exotic weapons that are much better than what you have access to. It may be unwelcoming that way. Fortunately, Mayhem Rumble is up this week and it's really fucking awesome, so that's a good way to level up low level characters.

Its been a while since I've played. I seem to remember something about buying everything digitally and playing before a certain date and getting rewarded? Or am I crazy?

If you bought the Digital Collector's Edition at E3, but before they announced the $20 emote pack separately, they gave you 8 free emotes.

Strider

Stats mean nothing.

If you're reading this my K/D is probably better than yours but you are probably a better player than me. I'm trash now.

Bring back HC meta

ZOONAMI

Will anyone do a raid on normal? Either fresh or w/ checkpoint. 292 hunter and I still haven't done kings fall, have done crota and vog. I Kind of stopped playing this game over the last couple months.

PSN Patatatinahat

GhaleonEB

Thanks!

Understanding the way progression works, until you near the endgame, is important. The short version is engrams will decode to gear near or a bit above your current light level, so that you steadily move upward, regardless of what activities you are playing. So, play whatever activities you feel like, just equip your best gear before turning them in. Somewhat longer version, which I recommend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTaSQoBm1lM

Motes of light can be consumed ('dismantled') to apply XP to all of your equipped gear. Use that to level your gear quickly once you get higher level.

And welcome. :)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks for the help with imprecation shiv and ethomaz! Now I have to wait ANOTHER week ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom